AuthorMessage
friskybean
Part of the furniture
friskybean

Female
Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2011-03-07

Perth people? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Perth people?   Perth people? - Page 2 EmptyTue 08 Mar 2011, 10:08 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi, new to this and would like to see if there are any Perth people here that have had or are planning of getting sleeved in the future? I am seeing dr krishna epari at st john of god hospital in murdoch and would love to hear any stories!!
Frisky. Perth people? - Page 2 542174
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
sherilou

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2011-01-07

PostSubject: gastroscopy   Perth people? - Page 2 EmptyThu 17 Mar 2011, 6:20 am

I am being sleeved on the 1St June (fingers crossed) by Jon Armstrong in Perth, He has not asked me to get a gastroscopy....just a barium swallow with bread...maybe it's because I've had a lapband previously. Not Sure!!

Are there any Perth Get Togethers Planned...I need some inspiration >)
Back to top Go down
kaz

Female
Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2010-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Perth people?   Perth people? - Page 2 EmptyThu 17 Mar 2011, 6:04 am

Hey Friskybean

Thanks for the info. Funny Im lining up to have 2/3 for my stomache taken out but Im worried about the gastroscopy.

How great that He can do it in 12 days you must be so excited. Hoping that he can do the same for me when I have my gastroscopy.

best of lucky and keep me posted.
Back to top Go down
friskybean
Part of the furniture
friskybean

Female

PostSubject: Re: Perth people?   Perth people? - Page 2 EmptyWed 16 Mar 2011, 2:31 pm

Hi Kaz,
The gastroscopy went well yesterday. Was a little worried about the proceedure at the time but seriously NO NEED!!
Booked in at 8am (half hour early) and then went in and did paperwork after half hour or so.
Went in to a different waiting room and waited there for approx 2 & half hours. Was called in during this time to get weighed and asked AGAIN about allergies ect.
Did not need to put bewdiful hospital gown on as my anethitist did not require (phew! those disposable knickers didnt look too hot!).
wait, wait, wait.....(take a couple of mags and games on phone. Try and ignore the rumbling noises comming from tummy!)
Went into theatre room, asked name ect. Layed on my side, anethetist put needle in my hand and asked me to take some deep breaths, took two and cant remember a thing after that! awesome!!!
Woke up in another room with a couple of others about 10-15 minutes later, checked to make sure my kidneys were still there, (all ok!) and then the nurse checked blood pressure.
Ate sandwich (in two bites i think!) and drank coffee, doctor came around and said "all was good, seeya tomorrow." Outta there after a little while into a waiting room where they ring for your ride to come pick you up and that was it................off to the food hall!! lol!! No soreness or anything, so no need to stress.
Caught up with doctor today, booked me in for in 12days time, yea-ha! Cant wait to get this show on the road!
Hope that helps and the best of luck to you! Let me know how you go!
Back to top Go down
kaz

Female

PostSubject: Re: Perth people?   Perth people? - Page 2 EmptyTue 15 Mar 2011, 7:08 am

Hey Friskybean

Just noticed that its the 15th of March so you should be having your gastrectomy today.

When your up to it let me know how it went. Im a little bit of a chicken.

cheers

Kaz
Back to top Go down
friskybean
Part of the furniture
friskybean

Female

PostSubject: Re: Perth people?   Perth people? - Page 2 EmptyFri 11 Mar 2011, 10:53 am

Hi Kaz,
yep i totally hear you! I have been wanting this for over a year and my private healths 12month period expired in february. I was hoping to have it all done by february but thats just me being impatient! Although I am slowly getting closer, step by step......!!!
Poor you, being stuffed around by the sounds of it. But hopefully now you will be on track too and I have complete faith in dr epari and the team. He is a really lovely guy. I do like that they are very thorough with all the testing and appointments for this and that (even though I would have liked just one initial consult and then the op like some doc's) but feel as though this is being done properly and the results will show from this.
well kaz, good luck with all your appointments and keep in touch!
Frisky.
Back to top Go down
kaz

Female

PostSubject: Re: Perth people?   Perth people? - Page 2 EmptyThu 10 Mar 2011, 10:18 pm

Hi Friskybean

Great to find someone who is going to Dr Epari.

I have just changed to him after a fasle start with another Dr.

Currently going through the pre checks Dietitian and Gastroscopy which is all booked around the 29th March.

Im so over it I just want to get there now. Praying that I will get a date after seeing the Bariatric Assessor on the 31st.

Good Luck

Kaz
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
friskybean
Part of the furniture
friskybean

Female

PostSubject: thx kylie!   Perth people? - Page 2 EmptyTue 08 Mar 2011, 12:23 pm

thx kylie, yep im still filtering my way around on here thru all the different sites/forums! (not enough time!) Great to hear you had mr epari, did he make you go on opti fast before op? He hasnt mentioned this to me, apart from post op.? Im booked in for the gastrectomy on Tuesday and was wondering how long you had to wait for the surgery after this proceedure? I would really like it done by the end of the month if possible!!! (fingers crossed!)
Thx frisky.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
friskybean
Part of the furniture
friskybean

Female

PostSubject: Perth people?   Perth people? - Page 2 EmptyTue 08 Mar 2011, 10:08 am

Hi, new to this and would like to see if there are any Perth people here that have had or are planning of getting sleeved in the future? I am seeing dr krishna epari at st john of god hospital in murdoch and would love to hear any stories!!
Frisky. Perth people? - Page 2 542174
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Perth people?   Perth people? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Perth people?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: