Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Greeting from Ireland...getting sleeve on 4th of feb.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
meedomom

Female
Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2011-01-26

Greeting from Ireland...getting sleeve on 4th of feb. Empty
PostSubject: thanx guys for ur support   Greeting from Ireland...getting sleeve on 4th of feb. EmptyWed 26 Jan 2011, 11:51 pm

OK i think ill just keep up with eating as much protien as I can before surgery as unfortunately im a slowwwwwwwwwwwww healer and thats not good in these things,when i got my band out in nov 2010,i t took my wound 6 weeks to heal and i had to have it packed every day,(not a nice experience). I am so glad I found this site ,never even heard of the sleeve till 2 weeks ago.lol,and here i am 8 days away.Yipeeee
Back to top Go down
Channamasala
Channamasala

Female
Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2010-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Greeting from Ireland...getting sleeve on 4th of feb.   Greeting from Ireland...getting sleeve on 4th of feb. EmptyWed 26 Jan 2011, 11:14 pm

Hi there,

Someone else from my side of the globe! I'm based in France though I've got lots of family on the Emerald Isle.

I'm not sure that Optifast exists in Europe. Another February sleever was saying that she can't get it either - and she's from South Africa. Some doctors even in Australia don't prescribe it. So I guess you should just not worry too much about it. I'm trying to be conscious of what I'm eating, trying to make sure that I eat plenty of proteins, trying to lose a bit before the big day, but other than that, I'm doing nothing special.

Looking forward to hearing about your progress. I'm being sleeved just 11 days after you. I can't wait!

A bientôt !
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Greeting from Ireland...getting sleeve on 4th of feb.   Greeting from Ireland...getting sleeve on 4th of feb. EmptyWed 26 Jan 2011, 9:23 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Wishing you well with your surgery and journey.

Greeting from Ireland...getting sleeve on 4th of feb. 217555 Greeting from Ireland...getting sleeve on 4th of feb. 217555
Back to top Go down
Smurfette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Smurfette

Female
Number of posts : 1272
Registration date : 2010-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Greeting from Ireland...getting sleeve on 4th of feb.   Greeting from Ireland...getting sleeve on 4th of feb. EmptyWed 26 Jan 2011, 9:17 pm

Hi there Medoomum,, nice to meet you. If you read lots on this website; you are bound to find lots of information. (try the search button for something specific) Some doctors reccommend you do OF (which I am doing at present) some other similiar brands, some none at all. All surgeons have their reasons why to do or not; but I would follow your surgeons directions to a tee. Why don't you come over to the Monthly Sleevers thread & join into the FEBRUARY 2011 Sleevers forum, add your name to the list; we are a great bunch; there are a few from overseas to Australia; whom do not have to do OF and lots that do.

Greeting from Ireland...getting sleeve on 4th of feb. 355206
Back to top Go down
meedomom

Female
Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2011-01-26

PostSubject: Greeting from Ireland...getting sleeve on 4th of feb.   Greeting from Ireland...getting sleeve on 4th of feb. EmptyWed 26 Jan 2011, 5:46 pm

hey im getting the sleeve done on 4th of feb ,I previously had a band that went very very very wrong and I am hoping that the band goes better for me.I keep hearing about an opti diet or something but my doc never told me to go on any diet and my surgery is in 8 days Greeting from Ireland...getting sleeve on 4th of feb. 697586 is that normal?should I go on some kinda diet even if not advised,my surgeon is based in manchester,uk,and is well known so I am assuming he knows whats what Greeting from Ireland...getting sleeve on 4th of feb. 21984 .saying all that he is the same doc that put the bandy band in me,lol. Oh dear im giving myself second thoughts.Anyhoo id luv to get to know some ppl who have been thru this or are gonna be too,I need lots of success stories to give me hope.
I am 28 yrs young and i now weigh 110kg and my ultimate goal weight wud be 70kg. I was never lower then 93kg since the age of 13 so I cant wait to be thin for once in my life,just to be able to flit about and jump up in the air without the worry of the earths after shock or the crunching in my ankles.lol. hope to hear from some of you soon,boo bye , slan abhaile.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greeting from Ireland...getting sleeve on 4th of feb.   Greeting from Ireland...getting sleeve on 4th of feb. Empty

Back to top Go down

Greeting from Ireland...getting sleeve on 4th of feb.
Page 1 of 1