9 posters
AuthorMessage
Isis
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2010-10-28

Cake & Chocolate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cake & Chocolate   Cake & Chocolate EmptyTue 28 Dec 2010, 3:14 am

Me too - I have treats, but I really enjoy them and am careful to eat only the bits I really like. For example on Xmas day I had a little dessert, but just had some berries with a bit of ice cream and cream, as I realised that the rest of the options weren't really my favourite so why put those calories in??

I too have consciously decided not to use food as a reward or comfort (not always easy, but helping break old patterns). I allow myself to buy other things I like - if I see a pretty scarf I want for $20 I buy it as a treat for myself, as I'm saving that money in food each week anyway! I'm enjoying my little alternative reward system and I'm enjoying just wandering the shops looking at clothes :)
Back to top Go down
shelly25
Top Poster
Top Poster
shelly25

Female
Number of posts : 1776
Registration date : 2009-11-21

Cake & Chocolate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cake & Chocolate   Cake & Chocolate EmptyThu 23 Dec 2010, 11:43 pm

i am a sweet tooth and will always enjoy some cake or chocolate,now its just in normal amounts.i have found that for me personally i have included my fav foods whilst loosing weight otherwise i go good for awhile then cant stick to it,then blowout,my old diet patterns.
i choose now to enjoy all foods without feeling bad for eating it,it might bea small piece of cake NOT the whole cake,so im not living in that diet mindframe,,which is to much pressure for me,now i just monitor my food but dont exclude.
merry xmas everyone
shelly
Back to top Go down
cantwait

Female
Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2010-12-02

Cake & Chocolate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cake & Chocolate   Cake & Chocolate EmptyThu 23 Dec 2010, 10:21 am

To Carah,
I totally agree with u!!!
This is what i am mostly looking forward to after i have my sleeve op on 4th march 2011.
Im so sick of saying "NO" to just about everything that isnt good for u only because i have no limits due to the size of my tummy now.
I CANTWAIT (hence my username) until i my tummy is so small that i wont be able to devour sweets as i now do, but still get to enjoy them and very little of them.
This is my greatest struggle in the reason why i have put on 28kgs in the last 6yrs! Of course during this time Ive had 2 children in the last 3.6yrs and quit smoking also.
Im really looking forward to getting this dreaded weight off and enjoying life the way every 35yr old female should be!
Im hating summer so much as i dont stop sweating. I cant wait to enjoy my summers with my 2 beautiful children and HEAD OFF TO THE BEACH in a nice pair of bikini's!!! I SAY BRING IT ON!!!
Back to top Go down
lilac
Part of the furniture
lilac

Female
Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2010-08-02

Cake & Chocolate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cake & Chocolate   Cake & Chocolate EmptyThu 23 Dec 2010, 4:35 am

Carrie wrote:
Hi Teecee,

You have done really well so far, try to think of some non-food rewards you can treat yourself with. I try to buy myself books or CD's, but find something that works for you. I think it's great to have an occasional treat, but, you really should try to build some new habits, to give your lovely little tummy it's best chance of helping you make the changes you want to in your life.

Cheers - Carrie

Great advice Carrie!
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female
Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2009-03-31

Cake & Chocolate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cake & Chocolate   Cake & Chocolate EmptyTue 21 Dec 2010, 10:06 am

Thats what I love about the sleeve, I can eat whatever I want.....just a lot less than I used to!
Back to top Go down
cartay
Part of the furniture
cartay

Female
Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2010-05-22

Cake & Chocolate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cake & Chocolate   Cake & Chocolate EmptyTue 21 Dec 2010, 9:14 am

While I agree with Carrie's idea of looking for non-food treats, I have to say that I still enjoy the occassional piece of chocolate or ice cream ... not so much as a 'treat' as an opportunity to relish the flavour. The change now is that rather than devouring the whole block/tub, I am generally satisfied with one piece/scoop. Certainly a huge change from the past.
For me, opting for the sleeve over other weight loss methods was about enabling me to live as 'normally' as possible. So far I think I've achieved this. While I concentrate mostly on healthy and well balanced food choices, I don't think the occasional sweet treat is such a bad thing. My journey may take a little longer, but at least I'm enjoying it along the way. Moderation is the key, and thanks to my new tiny tummy it's much easier to be satisfied with moderation!
Carah
Back to top Go down
shelly25
Top Poster
Top Poster
shelly25

Female

Cake & Chocolate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cake & Chocolate   Cake & Chocolate EmptyTue 21 Dec 2010, 1:07 am

weight watchers have some good choices for a little treat.
Back to top Go down
teecee
teecee

Male
Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2010-05-03

Cake & Chocolate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cake & Chocolate   Cake & Chocolate EmptySun 19 Dec 2010, 7:31 am

Thanks for the advice Carrie. I totally agree. I am looking at quality food as a treat as opposed to quality. I am really looking forward to being able to go to a quality Italian restaurant instead of a crap one - but still spending the same amount of money only I will order an entree instead of 3 courses.

I only asked about chocolate & cake because I wanted to know if I am ever in a situation where that is on offer. I can safely have a slither. I tried it today at a Christmas event (a nibble on a Milky Way) and funnily it tasted way too rich for me.... I actually have become a lot more interested in fresh food in the past few months leading up to the surgery. I was consciously trying to eat healthy in the 2 months prior to surgery.
Back to top Go down
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female
Number of posts : 2601
Registration date : 2009-09-17

Cake & Chocolate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cake & Chocolate   Cake & Chocolate EmptySun 19 Dec 2010, 12:54 am

I do sometimes, it's a long haul, and I want to have a normalish life :-) But I try to keep them to a mnimum, and I try very hard not to make them a "Reward" for anything. Food as a reward has always been a trap for me.
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

Cake & Chocolate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cake & Chocolate   Cake & Chocolate EmptySun 19 Dec 2010, 12:43 am

I didn't start introducing treats until I reached goal.
Back to top Go down
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female
Number of posts : 2601
Registration date : 2009-09-17

Cake & Chocolate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cake & Chocolate   Cake & Chocolate EmptySun 19 Dec 2010, 12:28 am

Hi Teecee,

You have done really well so far, try to think of some non-food rewards you can treat yourself with. I try to buy myself books or CD's, but find something that works for you. I think it's great to have an occasional treat, but, you really should try to build some new habits, to give your lovely little tummy it's best chance of helping you make the changes you want to in your life.

Cheers - Carrie
Back to top Go down
shelly25
Top Poster
Top Poster
shelly25

Female

Cake & Chocolate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cake & Chocolate   Cake & Chocolate EmptySat 18 Dec 2010, 6:18 am

chocolate melts when eaten so you could,with cake it would depend
maybe a coupleof spoonfuls of a moist type cake like one that has custard etc
as a layer

merry xmas
Cake & Chocolate 787760
shelly
Back to top Go down
teecee
teecee

Male
Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2010-05-03

Cake & Chocolate Empty
PostSubject: Cake & Chocolate   Cake & Chocolate EmptySat 18 Dec 2010, 1:27 am

I know this is not the sort of food we should be eating, but for a treat, are you able to eat cake (e.g sponge) and chocolate in the mushy stage??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cake & Chocolate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cake & Chocolate   Cake & Chocolate Empty

Back to top Go down

Cake & Chocolate
Page 1 of 1