Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

can someone, please, talk some sense into me!

Go down 
+8
diddles
Joyla
myeverest
Countrygirl
newlife
Jigglypuff
Caz
mamacoops
12 posters
AuthorMessage
mamacoops
Part of the furniture
mamacoops

Female
Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2010-07-22

can someone, please, talk some sense into me! Empty
PostSubject: Re: can someone, please, talk some sense into me!   can someone, please, talk some sense into me! EmptyThu 16 Dec 2010, 12:19 am

OH Pippa,
you have just made my day...
yes, it is cold here... it is nasty going to work in -8... BRRRRRR!!
I have given up food and drink, as well as the ciggies... tried to replace it with exercise and got pnuemonia for my efforts...lol!!

Thank you for putting it all in perspective for me 'cos all of a sudden it makes perfect sense!! I suppose as long as I don't put weight on I just have to ride it out.
I am going to see Take That, more importantly Robbie, in June in Cardiff and I this wild dream that I will be at goal weight and in a size 12 (UK) jeans! I have to use this as a motivator and get my 'mo-jo' back!!

Where in the Uk were you 25 years ago? I am in Sunny South Wales... happy days! x
Back to top Go down
pippa
Part of the furniture
pippa

Female
Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2010-09-29

PostSubject: Re: can someone, please, talk some sense into me!   can someone, please, talk some sense into me! EmptyWed 15 Dec 2010, 12:44 pm

Hey Ms Coops - what most of the guys here in Australia don't get is that you are going through your coldest and wretchedest winter in 25 year (I know - I was there 25 years ago - bloody cold!). You've given up smoking eating and probs dinking - what have you put in to fill the gaps honey? I gave up smoking in May and would tear up a small country to get a smoke at times (happily they are all protected from strange women in Australia) so i sew, argue with my husband, use the computer (reason for hubby arguments) wish to smoke - feel better for not and try to get on with life (will it ever feel real with out a ciggy???).
These are tough times to lose weight and you, lady, are doing a grand job xoxox
Keep it up xoxo
Back to top Go down
mamacoops
Part of the furniture
mamacoops

Female

PostSubject: Re: can someone, please, talk some sense into me!   can someone, please, talk some sense into me! EmptyMon 13 Dec 2010, 9:53 pm

Hi Zara,

that is a great idea, shall we start it now or in the new year... I am defo liking this!! xx
Back to top Go down
zara
zara

Female
Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2010-12-01

PostSubject: Re: can someone, please, talk some sense into me!   can someone, please, talk some sense into me! EmptySun 12 Dec 2010, 4:29 pm

mamacoops wrote:
Billy blanks tae bo- I know his dvd's are now old but when I am down and need inspiration I can do his short work outs he really does get the heart pumping and when I finish I want to do more excercise, like many people I have many exercise dvd's that are still in the plastic covers but billy always helps me out.

Do you have a wii I love my wii and would love to start some sort of pact with someone about being honest about how much you have used it and what scores you have got, this adds a little competition in the home as you would have to come online and tell me and I would tell you a bit of a online training partner.

If you read buy Sir Richard Branson's book loosing my virginity it has been the book that has really made me go wow look at his life and what he achieved and how he had nothing and a lot of learning problems reading a few pages of this book can make me get out of my bad mood and lift up the spirits to do something I think everyone in my family is sick of me quoting from it lol

Good luck

Hey,
Nice idea re ole Billy... I had a vhs copy and used it, I think I will treat myself to a dvd of his after christas...
Yea, we have a wii fit and I used it a lot in the early stages... but once I could get to my gym I haven't used it as much... how did you mean... 'on line pact'... I kinda like this idea![/quote]

Well we start a thread and it is just about how much time you did on the wii, which game you played and how you felt about it, even writing our scores to each other so that as you are hoola hooping you can think I want to beat such and such and challenge yourself. The other thing I do is get friends to come over and set higher scores then I have to work harder.

I would love to start the wii diary and we all tell each other about how much time we have done it is about being honest to ourselves and making excerise fun!
Back to top Go down
mamacoops
Part of the furniture
mamacoops

Female

PostSubject: Re: can someone, please, talk some sense into me!   can someone, please, talk some sense into me! EmptySun 12 Dec 2010, 12:16 pm

Thanks for all your kind words...

just thought I would let you know that on my offical weigh day, yesterday, I lost... a pound!!!!!! Needless to say... GUTTED... but I suppose it is a pound off and not on!

Hope you are all well!
Back to top Go down
mamacoops
Part of the furniture
mamacoops

Female

PostSubject: Re: can someone, please, talk some sense into me!   can someone, please, talk some sense into me! EmptySun 12 Dec 2010, 12:12 pm

Billy blanks tae bo- I know his dvd's are now old but when I am down and need inspiration I can do his short work outs he really does get the heart pumping and when I finish I want to do more excercise, like many people I have many exercise dvd's that are still in the plastic covers but billy always helps me out.

Do you have a wii I love my wii and would love to start some sort of pact with someone about being honest about how much you have used it and what scores you have got, this adds a little competition in the home as you would have to come online and tell me and I would tell you a bit of a online training partner.

If you read buy Sir Richard Branson's book loosing my virginity it has been the book that has really made me go wow look at his life and what he achieved and how he had nothing and a lot of learning problems reading a few pages of this book can make me get out of my bad mood and lift up the spirits to do something I think everyone in my family is sick of me quoting from it lol

Good luck[/quote]

Hey,
Nice idea re ole Billy... I had a vhs copy and used it, I think I will treat myself to a dvd of his after christas...
Yea, we have a wii fit and I used it a lot in the early stages... but once I could get to my gym I haven't used it as much... how did you mean... 'on line pact'... I kinda like this idea!
Back to top Go down
kilrust

Female
Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2010-08-12

PostSubject: Re: can someone, please, talk some sense into me!   can someone, please, talk some sense into me! EmptyWed 08 Dec 2010, 12:39 pm

I know how you feel :(

I hadn't lost any weight in 6ish months and now it has started to come off again.

I don't know why but just glad that it has finally decided to make me happy and give me early Christmas present lol

I tried exercising more, less, changing foods, eating more, eating less, going back to having shakes once or twice a day

and then just decided that if I never lost any more weight I was happy with what I had lost and then whammo 3 months later

off we go again :)

Just remember what ever comes off is a bonus and in the cooler weather we tend to eat more warming foods and less salad and fruits.

Ruth :)
Back to top Go down
ru32day

Female
Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2010-08-29

PostSubject: Re: can someone, please, talk some sense into me!   can someone, please, talk some sense into me! EmptyTue 07 Dec 2010, 8:49 am

Stalling sucks - no way around it and nothing much we say will make you feel much better until you start to lose again.

However I agree with the others that 10lb in a month is not to be sneezed at and now it's 10lbs you'll never put back on ... unlike pre-sleeve.

I'm so pleased you found a NSV and you love your boots. Hope this gets you through until things pick up.

e-Hugs

xxxxx
Back to top Go down
zara
zara

Female
Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2010-12-01

PostSubject: Re: can someone, please, talk some sense into me!   can someone, please, talk some sense into me! EmptyMon 06 Dec 2010, 10:28 pm

mamacoops wrote:
Hello fellow sleevers,

Just thought I would post... I need a pep talk and I know you lot are brillant at this, as I have already read in abundance!

Ok, here goes...
I am feeling a little hacked off here... since the 9th Oct I have only lost 4lb and 2 inches! I know I was ill during that time- I had pnuemonia and was really poorly... I managed to put 4lb on too - but I just feel like I am failing myself! Since the 2nd Nov I have been feeling 'well'... eating as planned, protein, protein, protein... low carb and plenty of water. I am also back in the gym 2-3 times a week, I also walk and swim now too...
So, what the heck is going on... I know I am a slow loser and that is fine, but I really feel like the last 6-7 weeks have been a waste!!!
I am usually quite a positive person, glass always half full etc... but I have to be honest with you, I am starting to feel 'down' about it all and all my bad body images and feelings are coming back as I can't see any kind of change in myself in the last two months!

I really wanted to be around the 170- 180lb stage for christmas but I am currently 194lb.... GUTTED! My weight loss has dropped to less than 10lb a month now too....

Sorry about the moan, but I know this is a safe and honest place to let it all out, so to speak...
any words of wisdom, kindness or just a kick up my ass would be very much appreciated!

If you walk have you thought of increasing it to run 1 minute walk two minutes run 1 minute, interval training is a good way to (trick) the body and just change your workout a bit. Have you thought about maybe shouting yourself a few sessions with a personal trainer to help pick up a bit it is a small cost in comparison as to what it can help you achieve.

Good luck
Back to top Go down
mamacoops
Part of the furniture
mamacoops

Female

PostSubject: Re: can someone, please, talk some sense into me!   can someone, please, talk some sense into me! EmptyMon 06 Dec 2010, 9:49 pm

Hello all,
Just thought I would give a quick update... on my offical weigh day, I weighed the same... I measured the same! OK, so I haven't gained, which is good... but I think my stall is now offically getting on my nerves...
I have come to realise that this is going to be par for the course for me and my weight loss journey and although, needless to say I will probably moan about it again, for the time being I have stopped stressing.

I am going to lose this weight, and I am going to get to goal... OK, it might take me a long time, but I am hoping that victory will be all the sweeter when I get there...

Any how, I thought I would share this NSV. On the weekend I bought a pair of calf length boots... *drum roll please*
THEY ZIPPED UP ALL THE WAY!!!!!!! I haven't been able to do that for nearly 20 years!!
This means I can wear them with a dress or a skirt... check me out!!

I really don't understand my body, but I am loving my new boots.... x
Back to top Go down
mamacoops
Part of the furniture
mamacoops

Female

PostSubject: Re: can someone, please, talk some sense into me!   can someone, please, talk some sense into me! EmptyTue 30 Nov 2010, 10:32 pm

myeverest wrote:
hey mamacoops i think you're doing a fantstic job.
Quitting smoking too might be a reason why your weight loss has slowed slightly...although a loss is a loss
Apparently when we smoke our bodies use more energy to work as best as it can, so when we quit the body actually burns approxmately 200 calories less a day...it becomes more efficient so to speak....not a great thing to happen when trying to lose weight..but you're much better off not smoking and you're still losing so well done!!!!!!
hope this helps you.

Hey ,myeverest, I was wondering if this was a point to consider... and yes, I do feel better being a non smoker!!

Thanks to everyone for your kind words... I still feel a little blurgh... but I know this is short term and I'll be good in a day or two.
I am wondering if, maybe, I am eating too little.. a while ago I increased my daily calories and lost weekly... perhaps I will give it a go!

Once again... THANK YOU! X =]
Back to top Go down
diddles
diddles

Male
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-11-29

PostSubject: Re: can someone, please, talk some sense into me!   can someone, please, talk some sense into me! EmptyTue 30 Nov 2010, 4:35 am

as some of the others said 1 kg a week is a good place to be at because its constant and will mean that your wont plateu as fast and it might be better for ur skin r.e it being saggy plus we really shouldnt be losing any more than 2 kgs a week so ur in a good place

the thing ive found is the more exersie you do the happier you become which makes training addictive which makes you train harder seeing results is the best part remember you only get out wat you put in
Back to top Go down
Joyla
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2010-07-28

PostSubject: Re: can someone, please, talk some sense into me!   can someone, please, talk some sense into me! EmptyTue 30 Nov 2010, 1:57 am

No kick up the ass from me - we all feel like this at some stage or another - its called coming to terms with a new way of life. I think 10lb a month is a great loss - nice and steady. Yes, we all want it to happen today or we almost have this idea that following the surgery there is going to be this magnificent loss all of a sudden. But it doesn't work that way. Its a steady weight loss, same as being on a diet. The only thing different is, that its our way of life now and any losses are pretty well gone to stay - especially if you go on as you have done till now.

Be kind to yourself - you are doing so wonderfully well.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
myeverest
Part of the furniture
myeverest

Female
Number of posts : 434
Registration date : 2010-07-16

PostSubject: Re: can someone, please, talk some sense into me!   can someone, please, talk some sense into me! EmptyTue 30 Nov 2010, 1:52 am

hey mamacoops i think you're doing a fantstic job.
Quitting smoking too might be a reason why your weight loss has slowed slightly...although a loss is a loss
Apparently when we smoke our bodies use more energy to work as best as it can, so when we quit the body actually burns approxmately 200 calories less a day...it becomes more efficient so to speak....not a great thing to happen when trying to lose weight..but you're much better off not smoking and you're still losing so well done!!!!!!
hope this helps you.
Back to top Go down
Countrygirl
Part of the furniture
Countrygirl

Female
Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2008-12-09

PostSubject: Re: can someone, please, talk some sense into me!   can someone, please, talk some sense into me! EmptyTue 30 Nov 2010, 1:16 am

Thanks newlife for converting it for me. I agree 1kg per week is great. Also better for your skin to lose weight slower. I was always a impatient dieter but knowing the weight won't go back on it made me change my whole way of looking at weight loss. This time around I am not depriving myself of anything. It has made me a happier person knowing I never have to diet again.

I went through periods of plateaus that were really hard to deal with but looking back it wasn't that bad (only at the time it was). You will get there, it might just take some work. To date it has been easy to get here but then I was in no hurry towards the end. But I know that to lose the last 10 kgs I will actually have to work at it. I am not in a frame of mind to do that yet but when I am I know I will succeed.

Good luck. You can do it.
Back to top Go down
newlife
Part of the furniture
newlife

Female
Number of posts : 1020
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: can someone, please, talk some sense into me!   can someone, please, talk some sense into me! EmptyTue 30 Nov 2010, 1:05 am

Hi there, please don't be so hard on yourself. 10lb a month is excellent, that is approx 2.5lb per week which is just over 1kg per week. Gosh in my first year, there were some months that I only lost 1kg for the whole month or nothing at all. 1kg per week is great and probably more than you would have lost without the sleeve. Well done on such a great loss so far. Pat on back. xxx and hugs
Back to top Go down
Jigglypuff
Part of the furniture
Jigglypuff

Female
Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2010-05-31

PostSubject: Re: can someone, please, talk some sense into me!   can someone, please, talk some sense into me! EmptyTue 30 Nov 2010, 12:01 am

From someone who has lost 30kg's (60lbs?) more times that I can count on one hand and the put it ALL back on, with interest!! I feel your pain. But like Caz below says, the weight you have lost is gone for good, something to celebrate.

I can't offer you any advice but I'm sure the others here have great ideas to help you along. I can certainly understand your frustration though and send you a great big iHug can someone, please, talk some sense into me! 217555

Just remember, it WILL get better, you wont be stuck here forever.

Hugs, Jiggly x
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: can someone, please, talk some sense into me!   can someone, please, talk some sense into me! EmptyMon 29 Nov 2010, 11:29 pm

Don't be despondent. Take a look at my diary. I recently listed what my loss was each month and it certainly wasn't anything near 10 lbs after the first two weeks post op.

The main thing to think is that whatever you lose is likely to be gone for good - and if you lose slowly and steadily (like 1lb a week or thereabouts) it is a healthy loss and likely to give your skin time to catch up.

I know that from this side of the weight loss, being at or below goal, it is easy for me to say. I remember wanting it all to drop off quickly when I was starting the process.

So all I can say is keep on doing what you know is the right thing, eat the right things, exercise (something I've not really done enough of) and things will happen.

Hugs
Caz
Back to top Go down
mamacoops
Part of the furniture
mamacoops

Female

PostSubject: can someone, please, talk some sense into me!   can someone, please, talk some sense into me! EmptyMon 29 Nov 2010, 11:24 pm

Hello fellow sleevers,

Just thought I would post... I need a pep talk and I know you lot are brillant at this, as I have already read in abundance!

Ok, here goes...
I am feeling a little hacked off here... since the 9th Oct I have only lost 4lb and 2 inches! I know I was ill during that time- I had pnuemonia and was really poorly... I managed to put 4lb on too - but I just feel like I am failing myself! Since the 2nd Nov I have been feeling 'well'... eating as planned, protein, protein, protein... low carb and plenty of water. I am also back in the gym 2-3 times a week, I also walk and swim now too...
So, what the heck is going on... I know I am a slow loser and that is fine, but I really feel like the last 6-7 weeks have been a waste!!!
I am usually quite a positive person, glass always half full etc... but I have to be honest with you, I am starting to feel 'down' about it all and all my bad body images and feelings are coming back as I can't see any kind of change in myself in the last two months!

I really wanted to be around the 170- 180lb stage for christmas but I am currently 194lb.... GUTTED! My weight loss has dropped to less than 10lb a month now too....

Sorry about the moan, but I know this is a safe and honest place to let it all out, so to speak...
any words of wisdom, kindness or just a kick up my ass would be very much appreciated!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: can someone, please, talk some sense into me!   can someone, please, talk some sense into me! Empty

Back to top Go down

can someone, please, talk some sense into me!
Page 1 of 1