7 posters
AuthorMessage
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
no more sumo

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-07-02

Acute sense of smell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acute sense of smell   Acute sense of smell EmptyFri 02 Jul 2010, 9:47 am

Hello Sleevers
I'm brand new to this - just out of hospital today, surgery 5 days ago, but it's great to see I haven't been freaky in noticing and/or avoiding smells. Even in the hospital I had to move the trolley away if there was anything drinkable on it because the smell made me so overwhelmingly nauseous. Briefly mentioned it to a nurse, who didn't really react so I started thinking I was being hypersensitive. Thank heavens for websites like this, where we can re-calibrate our lifestyles and problems without anyone looking blankly at us.
Everyone's had such impressive losses, too. Congratulations!
Back to top Go down
sssss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2844
Registration date : 2010-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Acute sense of smell   Acute sense of smell EmptyThu 10 Jun 2010, 12:02 pm

Hi SAndy...

I know it's not funny but you did just make me giggle...remembering that Issi was having a lot of hassles with post op nausea and vomiting...which it turns out will one day be a toddler (think the bub is still some months away :)

I do wake up quite some mornings feeling nauseous...think it's my tummy complaining about the length of time between food and drink :)

cheers

S
Back to top Go down
sandy_lou
Part of the furniture
sandy_lou

Female
Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2010-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Acute sense of smell   Acute sense of smell EmptyTue 08 Jun 2010, 10:05 pm

It still hasn't gone away from me. I have to take any rubbish straight out to the wheelie bin as I want to vomit if it's inside, I can't stand my husbands breath and I know he doesn't have bad breath. (shhh, I haven't told him, he'd get upset) It's only been a week and a half for me but it hasn't gotten any better. I relate the sleeve to very much like being pregnant, having to hold your tummy when you roll over, strong smells, nausea in the mornings, I was sick the whole way through my pregnancies, I can deal with the symptoms as long as there isn't a toddler by the end of it! LOL
Back to top Go down
http://gastricsleevesandy.blogspot.com/
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Acute sense of smell   Acute sense of smell EmptyTue 08 Jun 2010, 10:37 am

First of all....what is your husband cooking.....
I usually can't stand the smell of fat cooking....... yukko!
Back to top Go down
SamiB
Part of the furniture
SamiB

Female
Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2010-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Acute sense of smell   Acute sense of smell EmptyTue 08 Jun 2010, 10:27 am

I was just about to start a new thread til I found this one !!

I've been home alone since I got out of hospital and my husband got back from being out bush today. Tonight he's put on some dinner for himself and I've locked myself in our room with the AC on and I'm breathing through my mouth. I literally wanted to vomit. I've not felt like this since the first weeks of pregnancy with my daughter.... The nausea is overwhelming though !!!!!!
Will this go away ????
Back to top Go down
http://sosamalicious.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Acute sense of smell   Acute sense of smell EmptyMon 07 Jun 2010, 3:04 am

The first few days I was back from the hospital I couldn't stand the smell of my hubby! He's like the biggest clean freak I know which is what confused me and I've never smelt it before but there was a fairly odd smell from his skin that I couldn't stand! Poor dude, couldn't come near me. It's settled though now. Still a little bit sensitive particularly to peoples breath! Lmao.
Back to top Go down
Eternlslady
Part of the furniture
Eternlslady

Female
Number of posts : 413
Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Acute sense of smell   Acute sense of smell EmptyMon 07 Jun 2010, 1:18 am

I haven't had a bad experience with it yet. But the first night I was home DH came over to where I was sitting and gave me a kiss and I told him "Oh you smell sooooo yummy"
All I was smelling was that he had arranged frozen wedges on a tray to go with his and the boys dinner. And he had washed his hands already!
Yesterday I smelled the bread of Mr6's sandwich from the other side of the room.
Funny how it's only the carbs that get me!
Back to top Go down
sssss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2844
Registration date : 2010-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Acute sense of smell   Acute sense of smell EmptyMon 07 Jun 2010, 12:54 am

Hi Sandy

I have a strong sense of smell too but fortunately have not experienced the change that you mention. I am sure that one of the reasons I can't stand opti (or even the 'tasteless' protein powders) is precisely because I can still smell them. For me this goes hand in hand with some strong taste buds...

Hope the situation settles for you

cheers

S
Back to top Go down
sandy_lou
Part of the furniture
sandy_lou

Female
Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2010-02-15

PostSubject: Acute sense of smell   Acute sense of smell EmptyMon 07 Jun 2010, 12:19 am

I've always had a terrible sense of smell but after being sleeved everything smells so strong. I open the fridge and nearly heave, there's nothing bad in the fridge, there's just a heap of smells all wafting out together. I went to a party of Saturday and the smell of alcohol (which I normally would inhale as well as scull) was so strong, it was like having tissues of pure alcohol up my nose, I had to stand back from people when they spoke. Is this because of repressed taste on Optifast that the smell sense is taking over? It's all very strange.
Back to top Go down
http://gastricsleevesandy.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Acute sense of smell   Acute sense of smell Empty

Back to top Go down

Acute sense of smell
Page 1 of 1