Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Starting to talk myself out of this......

Go down 
+4
Carrie
melbell
ssjad
serendipity
8 posters
AuthorMessage
serendipity

Female
Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Starting to talk myself out of this...... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting to talk myself out of this......   Starting to talk myself out of this...... EmptyTue 17 Aug 2010, 3:22 am

hi Countrygirl - much like childbirth i suspect!
Back to top Go down
Countrygirl
Part of the furniture
Countrygirl

Female
Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2008-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Starting to talk myself out of this......   Starting to talk myself out of this...... EmptyTue 17 Aug 2010, 2:56 am

Totally normally to be scared or anxious. Search the words "scared" "Fear" "anxious" "crapping myself" lol and you will find loads of posts. It is such an unknown when you are on that side but once you are done it is like a light bulb moment and you can really see what everyone is trying to tell you.

You will be fine. Best thing ever.
Back to top Go down
serendipity

Female

PostSubject: Re: Starting to talk myself out of this......   Starting to talk myself out of this...... EmptyMon 16 Aug 2010, 8:52 am

OK i am coming over to August... still trying to work this site out! My anxiety is already easing....
Back to top Go down
AzinOZ
Part of the furniture
AzinOZ

Female
Number of posts : 428
Registration date : 2010-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Starting to talk myself out of this......   Starting to talk myself out of this...... EmptyMon 16 Aug 2010, 8:42 am

Serendipity, so glad you joined us! I was sleeved just over a week ago so not far ahead of you at all, come on over to the August month section like Carrie said, we'll be there to cheer you on and help ya through this :)
Back to top Go down
http://meltingawayinoz.blogspot.com/
Emily
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2010-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Starting to talk myself out of this......   Starting to talk myself out of this...... EmptyMon 16 Aug 2010, 8:24 am

I was crapping myself (never had surgery before) and kept having the "I should be able to do this myself" and "maybe just one last try by myself" thoughts right up til I went to hospital! In the end, I realized I don't have any trouble losing weight, I just can't keep it off.. and I am tired of the struggle.

It's only been 3 weeks but I already feel like I am going to beat this and not have to THINK about it every minute.

Do it.
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Starting to talk myself out of this......   Starting to talk myself out of this...... EmptyMon 16 Aug 2010, 8:21 am

serendipity wrote:

Was anyone else scared, perhaps this is a sign that i am not ready?

Um no not a sign that you are not ready, just a sign that you are pretty much normal like the rest of us LOL

Keep reading through the site, it will calm you down and maybe even make you a little excited.

Hugs Gail
Back to top Go down
melbell
Part of the furniture
melbell

Female
Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2010-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Starting to talk myself out of this......   Starting to talk myself out of this...... EmptyMon 16 Aug 2010, 8:19 am

serendipity wrote:
hi melbel, my surgeon is Dr Greenslade also, wish you were going first! lol, will let you know how i go (if i dont freak out and back out!)

hello

lol his a great doctor i have met karlin who went through dr greenslade nothing to be scared about she reckons he was a great doc and couldnt ask for a better surgeon

mel
Back to top Go down
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female
Number of posts : 2601
Registration date : 2009-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Starting to talk myself out of this......   Starting to talk myself out of this...... EmptyMon 16 Aug 2010, 7:45 am

Hiya Serendipity :-) and welcome to the site :-)

I think we all had some level of fear and trepidation pre-op. It's normal, and if it meant that we weren't ready for our sleeves, there would be a lot less happy sleevers on this site, LOL.
I had my op in Feb this year and I can tell you without a shadow of a lie, that it is fantastic to be on this side. I am happier and healthier every day.

Spend a bit of time having a good look around the site, here are some links to get you started: The Diaries , Pre-op & Post-op sections should all be helpful. And if you look at the August Sleevers section you'll find other members who are at the same stage as you.

Have a read of the Welcome to Newbies section too, it will give you an idea of how the site works.

If you can't find answers to your questions, ask away :-) there is sure to be someone about to do their best to help and support you.

It's lovely to meet you, and I look forward to talking to you more around the site.

Cheers - Carrie

PS If you go to your profile, via the tab at the top of the page, you'll be able to edit your "Date of Sleeve Surgery" as it is showing the 2008 default at the moment.
Back to top Go down
serendipity

Female

PostSubject: Re: Starting to talk myself out of this......   Starting to talk myself out of this...... EmptyMon 16 Aug 2010, 7:22 am

hi melbel, my surgeon is Dr Greenslade also, wish you were going first! lol, will let you know how i go (if i dont freak out and back out!)
Back to top Go down
serendipity

Female

PostSubject: Re: Starting to talk myself out of this......   Starting to talk myself out of this...... EmptyMon 16 Aug 2010, 7:20 am

thanks for your supportive words. I think perhaps i need to get over the guilty feelings that i feel about surgery because logically i know that this surgery will be the best thing i have done (if it works!) Starting to talk myself out of this...... 697586
Back to top Go down
melbell
Part of the furniture
melbell

Female
Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2010-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Starting to talk myself out of this......   Starting to talk myself out of this...... EmptyMon 16 Aug 2010, 7:17 am

hello and welcome

there is plenty of good advise on here i havnt had sleeve yet but i can garentee you most peopel on here have had the same thoughts .there will be plenty people to give you some great advise soon im sure .

mel
Back to top Go down
ssjad
Part of the furniture
ssjad

Female
Number of posts : 970
Registration date : 2010-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Starting to talk myself out of this......   Starting to talk myself out of this...... EmptyMon 16 Aug 2010, 7:14 am

Hi serendipity. Only you can know what's right for you, but just know that almost all of us have had moments (small and BIG!!) of doubt about the surgery! I highly recommend it though - it's the best thing I've ever done for myself, and I couldn't be happier!!!
Back to top Go down
serendipity

Female

PostSubject: Starting to talk myself out of this......   Starting to talk myself out of this...... EmptyMon 16 Aug 2010, 7:06 am

Hi there. I am new to this site. Have been reading everyone's posts and everyone here seems so supporitve and friendly. I am having my op 23/08/2010. Have struggled all my life with being overweight. I lost 80kg about 3 years ago and have put 50kg back on over time. This wasnt the first time i have lost heaps and put it all back on. I just don't see how I can solve this without this surgery. Despite this I am questioning my choice. Manly because i am worried about the unknown, it all sounds to good to be true.....

Was anyone else scared, perhaps this is a sign that i am not ready?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starting to talk myself out of this......   Starting to talk myself out of this...... Empty

Back to top Go down

Starting to talk myself out of this......
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: