AuthorMessage
Jigglypuff
Part of the furniture
Jigglypuff

Female
Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2010-05-31

Insurer won't pay, pls help me...... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insurer won't pay, pls help me......   Insurer won't pay, pls help me...... EmptyFri 10 Dec 2010, 12:03 am

Awesome news RR, although I can understand your annoyance at being forgotten :( I think just keep hassling nurses/Doctors until you get an answer, I know I will next time (if there is a next time).

Did you get your Nexium when you left the hospital? Mr T seems to prescribe it for his sleeve patients (I understand) but the nurses forgot to give it to me or even mention it to me while I was in hospital. I only knew about Nexium from this forum so I made sure to ask.

Good luck with your visit to Freo hospital today, hopefully you won't be sitting around for long.

hugs,

Jiggly
Back to top Go down
RROSSI
RROSSI

Male
Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2010-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Insurer won't pay, pls help me......   Insurer won't pay, pls help me...... EmptyThu 09 Dec 2010, 11:56 pm

Well my Temp went down to 37 yesterday afternoon,

and I was feeling fine, Mr T's Partner was soposed to come and see me but he forgot?, I was a little peved as they new I was self funding this and would rather be home.

well at 6:30 I got a call from Mr T saying that it should be okay to go home but any issues and I would have to go to Freo Hospital, well to report, all is good, dont have a temp any more and have had my first good nights sleep!

It turns out my body fights anti boitics? go figure? and I had a lot lof crap in my lungs from when I used to smoke?

Well Today I have to go to Freo to see MR T but all seems okay, I just wish it wasnt so awkwrd moving around.

Peace out

RR
Back to top Go down
whirlingdolphin
whirlingdolphin

Female
Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2010-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Insurer won't pay, pls help me......   Insurer won't pay, pls help me...... EmptyThu 09 Dec 2010, 11:26 pm

hi RR,
hope all is well. i know at one stage i was thinking WTF have i done, but it really is the best thing i have ever done... you wont regret it, just give yourself time to heal.

cheers
Back to top Go down
Jigglypuff
Part of the furniture
Jigglypuff

Female

PostSubject: Re: Insurer won't pay, pls help me......   Insurer won't pay, pls help me...... EmptyThu 09 Dec 2010, 12:00 am

Sorry to hear that RR, don't stress about the temp it could be anything at this early stage. I also had an elevated temp early out but it resolved after a day or two. Thinking of you and please keep in touch.

Jiggly
Back to top Go down
RROSSI
RROSSI

Male

PostSubject: Re: Insurer won't pay, pls help me......   Insurer won't pay, pls help me...... EmptyWed 08 Dec 2010, 10:45 pm

Well I took a turn for the worse last night, I had really bad stomach cramps and managed to get a real bad temp ST around the 40 mark, so it looks like there is something wrong, I'm getting bloods done today to make sure but it looks like I will be staying another night and have to come up with another k, when I woke this morning I did really think WTF have I done. I'm a little worried at the moment but I will see what happens today

RR
Back to top Go down
Jigglypuff
Part of the furniture
Jigglypuff

Female

PostSubject: Re: Insurer won't pay, pls help me......   Insurer won't pay, pls help me...... EmptyWed 08 Dec 2010, 1:40 pm

Thats awesome RR. Do you know how long you will be in hospital for? I know you were concerned about a long stay. Sounds like all is going really well for you anyway.

Take care,

Jiggly
Back to top Go down
Ozzieloz
Part of the furniture
Ozzieloz

Female
Number of posts : 747
Registration date : 2010-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Insurer won't pay, pls help me......   Insurer won't pay, pls help me...... EmptyWed 08 Dec 2010, 11:37 am

Hi RROSSI
Good news you are up and about and just a bit uncomfortable.
Just pay good attention to your body - and give yourself a bit of a rest too.
Hope all goes well with recovery - I am six weeks post-op and feelilng great - you will too!
Ozzieloz
Back to top Go down
RROSSI
RROSSI

Male

PostSubject: Re: Insurer won't pay, pls help me......   Insurer won't pay, pls help me...... EmptyWed 08 Dec 2010, 11:04 am

Well day 2 of the sleeve and so far so good, I'm walking easily and only really have pain in my gut, it's liken to stomach cramps that come an go, I have been able to drink over 2 liters of juice/water and have,not thrown up at all, so I'm quiet surprised I have even taken 2 tablets!

I have had no issues with gas in my shoulders, it does seem though it's all around my gut and I have heaps of wind but all in all I'm not too bad

RR

Last edited by RROSSI on Wed 08 Dec 2010, 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
zara
zara

Female
Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2010-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Insurer won't pay, pls help me......   Insurer won't pay, pls help me...... EmptyMon 06 Dec 2010, 10:41 pm

I feel very lucky my out of pocket expenses on NIB top cover have been $500 hospital excess, $ 1500 to surgeon and $500 to Anathegist NIB top cover is designed for those who are looking at gastic band operations or sleeves
Back to top Go down
sandy_lou
Part of the furniture
sandy_lou

Female
Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2010-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Insurer won't pay, pls help me......   Insurer won't pay, pls help me...... EmptyMon 06 Dec 2010, 8:32 am

It will be the best thing you ever did!! All the best. Insurer won't pay, pls help me...... 217555
Back to top Go down
http://gastricsleevesandy.blogspot.com/
want2beme

Female
Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2010-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Insurer won't pay, pls help me......   Insurer won't pay, pls help me...... EmptyMon 06 Dec 2010, 7:05 am

Insurer won't pay, pls help me...... 65317

Good luck for your operation tomorrow and for a speedy recovery.
xxS
Back to top Go down
melbell
Part of the furniture
melbell

Female
Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2010-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Insurer won't pay, pls help me......   Insurer won't pay, pls help me...... EmptyMon 06 Dec 2010, 7:02 am

Good luck for tomorrow rr ,hope you have a fast recovery

mel Insurer won't pay, pls help me...... 217555
Back to top Go down
Jigglypuff
Part of the furniture
Jigglypuff

Female

PostSubject: Re: Insurer won't pay, pls help me......   Insurer won't pay, pls help me...... EmptyMon 06 Dec 2010, 4:33 am

Hi RR,

You may be able to go back to work next week (I could have), depending on your recovery and what job it is you do. But, for insurance reasons, you are not supposed to drive post-surgery for 10 days....just thought you should know. Mr T warned me about that, said if you have an accident, insurance wont cover you....eek.

Good luck for tomorrow, you are in good hands....let us know how you are when you can.

Cheers,

Jiggly :)
Back to top Go down
RROSSI
RROSSI

Male

PostSubject: Re: Insurer won't pay, pls help me......   Insurer won't pay, pls help me...... EmptyMon 06 Dec 2010, 12:08 am

Well 1 more day left of normal life and tomorrow is the big cut, im a little nervous but the time has really gone quick,

In hindsight I should have had this done next month after Xmas but I figure the sooner the better.

I just hope my recovery is quick?

I’m expecting to go back to work next Monday? Am I being too optimistic?

Your thoughts are welcomed.

RR
Back to top Go down
RROSSI
RROSSI

Male

PostSubject: Re: Insurer won't pay, pls help me......   Insurer won't pay, pls help me...... EmptyTue 23 Nov 2010, 12:28 am

Thanks guys an Gals for all your kind words,

its 14 days and counting and im getting quietly excited!!

I have booked the next year of my life with over seas trips and Formula 1 Races, and cant wait!

Being able to sit in a plane seat without crushing my testicals will be priceless!! lol

RR
Back to top Go down
Ozzieloz
Part of the furniture
Ozzieloz

Female

PostSubject: Re: Insurer won't pay, pls help me......   Insurer won't pay, pls help me...... EmptyMon 22 Nov 2010, 12:17 pm

Hi RR
(I like the abbreviation - easier to type)

Believe us all here - we have been through those doubts too - but you will not regret it - and you know the dieting merry-go-round - well, you will be jumping off that and jumping into a happy confident interest in the food you need - because you will be feeling so good - and confident!!!

That personal confidence is a wonderful emotion - and you just need to keep working at being confident - have confidence in your surgeon and the medical team, have confidence in the advice given pre and post surgery - and have confidence in your decision to look after yourself and give yourself the life you deserve to enjoy. And when the angels on this site say they are here to support you throughout, have confidence in them too - they are all wonderful and are willing to share their experiences which helps give you the confidence to ask more questions if and when needed.

Best wishes -
Ozzieloz - I love my sleeve!!
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Insurer won't pay, pls help me......   Insurer won't pay, pls help me...... EmptyMon 22 Nov 2010, 8:14 am

Hi RR,

Believe it or not we actually all feel exactly like you do, sorry should say felt LOl
I honestly believed even when having the surgery that it couldn't possibly be as successful for me as it had been for others.

The first time someone calls you skinny..........wow what a feeling, you will never forget it.
Not that I am skinny but I hear it a lot now and you will too, have faith and follow the directions given to you.

Hugs Gail
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Insurer won't pay, pls help me......   Insurer won't pay, pls help me...... EmptyMon 15 Nov 2010, 4:51 am

you will be fine... we all thought that prior to having surgery... you will love the sleeve! There is very few that it doesn't work for, but I believe that the surgeon did not do the procedure properly ie: left too big of a stomach and not the normal 200/250ml one!
Back to top Go down
RROSSI
RROSSI

Male

PostSubject: Re: Insurer won't pay, pls help me......   Insurer won't pay, pls help me...... EmptyMon 15 Nov 2010, 4:47 am

21 days to go........... Insurer won't pay, pls help me...... 427584

I am a little worried that this sleeve might not work........

but if this dosnt work then nothing will?? right??

RR
Back to top Go down
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female
Number of posts : 2601
Registration date : 2009-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Insurer won't pay, pls help me......   Insurer won't pay, pls help me...... EmptyWed 10 Nov 2010, 6:04 am

Congratulations RRossi,

The next month is going to fly by for you :-)

I was self funded via my superannuation, and although I know that was an expensive way to go, I don't regret a cent of what I spent. I could never put a price on the gift that my surgeon has given me with this wonderful magic we call a sleeve.

Talk to your surgeon about your concerns, mine assured me that if I needed to stay any longer, he would transfer me over to being a public patient and there would be no more costs.

Cheers - Carrie
Back to top Go down
Ozzieloz
Part of the furniture
Ozzieloz

Female

PostSubject: Re: Insurer won't pay, pls help me......   Insurer won't pay, pls help me...... EmptyTue 09 Nov 2010, 7:40 pm

RROSSI - congratulations!
You won't regret it - I am celebrating a loss of 11kgs since my surgery day on Oct 18 - and I feel so much better in myself, and am off nearly all my blood pressure and diabetes medications already!!
There are so many benefits to this - I was banded in 2000 and only had it removed in July this year after only ever losing 15kgs at best, and dealing with so many band issues - I can't understand why it took me so long to remove it.
Since finding out about the band, then researching it, the working out how to pay for it - I have gained so much more confidence in myself, which is one major benefit of this whole process, and have already lost 11kgs, and dropped all those medications, saving me almost $150 per month - and I am enjoying each step of the food stage, because I am learning more about food and what I need to stay fit and healthy instead of just filling myself up.

So, enjoy the journey - and you will enjoy so much more of your life and be fitter and healthier and happier which will help pay for it all anyway.
And, everyone on here will support you and share their information and story to help you with yours!!
Best wishes
Ozzieloz
Back to top Go down
RROSSI
RROSSI

Male

PostSubject: Re: Insurer won't pay, pls help me......   Insurer won't pay, pls help me...... EmptyTue 09 Nov 2010, 1:33 pm

Well I got the cost today and it comes in at $950 so Im going for it!!

All up it will set me back 13k and I should get 1k back..YAY Insurer won't pay, pls help me...... 595690

Its been a roller coaster of emotions from happy to angry to scared then to happy again!! lol

Its finaly sorted and we have the cash avalible to pay for everything. so bring on the 7th of December! just enough time to recover before I start my holidays....!!! but if I have to stay more than 3 days I will be living on the street. lol

thanks for all the help guys.

RR
Back to top Go down
Smurfette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Smurfette

Female
Number of posts : 1272
Registration date : 2010-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Insurer won't pay, pls help me......   Insurer won't pay, pls help me...... EmptyTue 09 Nov 2010, 10:37 am

I just had my quote from the anaesthetist; I need to pay a $751 Gap fee prior to my op; seems better than forking out the lot and getting the claim happeing afterwards.
Back to top Go down
Ozzieloz
Part of the furniture
Ozzieloz

Female

PostSubject: Re: Insurer won't pay, pls help me......   Insurer won't pay, pls help me...... EmptyTue 09 Nov 2010, 9:56 am

I had to pay $1850 up front for my anaesthetist, then got $650 back from medicare and medibank private - so $1200 all up.
My surgeon cost me $4000 out of pocket - after medicare and PHI - and I borrowed for the op - and I am not sorry.
I am already a better employee for having had the surgery - thinking clearer, more confident, and happier - the whole workplace is in agreement with that!!
Best wishes for your decisions and your surgery.
Ozzieloz

Back to top Go down
kazlikesgreen
Part of the furniture
kazlikesgreen

Female
Number of posts : 1024
Registration date : 2010-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Insurer won't pay, pls help me......   Insurer won't pay, pls help me...... EmptyTue 09 Nov 2010, 9:32 am

wow! mine was only $900 - i paid $450 from that

I have HIF goldstarter hospital which is the lowest cover available and I was able to get my sleeve covered through PHI (well hospital and theatre etc)
Back to top Go down
http://karenjenniferful.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Insurer won't pay, pls help me......   Insurer won't pay, pls help me...... Empty

Back to top Go down

Insurer won't pay, pls help me......
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next