Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

scared I wont make it!!!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

scared I wont make it!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: scared I wont make it!!!!   scared I wont make it!!!! EmptyMon 01 Dec 2008, 10:54 am

kalgirl wrote:
let me guess cheeky little Miss Magic P...

you mean the bit about RiceCake being a loony don't you?

we need a smiley emoticon holding up the middle finger...

yeah, we need that smilie, preferably one that spins...burns calories and all that. scared I wont make it!!!! 89269

Signing off,
Loony Rice Cake.. scared I wont make it!!!! 314562
Back to top Go down
kalgirl
Part of the furniture
kalgirl

Female
Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2008-10-09

PostSubject: Re: scared I wont make it!!!!   scared I wont make it!!!! EmptyMon 01 Dec 2008, 6:53 am

let me guess cheeky little Miss Magic P...

you mean the bit about RiceCake being a loony don't you?

we need a smiley emoticon holding up the middle finger...
Back to top Go down
Magic Princess
Part of the furniture
Magic Princess

Female
Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2008-10-02

PostSubject: Re: scared I wont make it!!!!   scared I wont make it!!!! EmptyMon 01 Dec 2008, 6:29 am

Kal Girl...isn't that the pot calling the kettle black??? scared I wont make it!!!! 50622
Back to top Go down
kalgirl
Part of the furniture
kalgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: scared I wont make it!!!!   scared I wont make it!!!! EmptyMon 01 Dec 2008, 3:47 am

oh horse!

good on you for taking a different tack. (horse pun just for you!)

we've all been newbies, and asked a 100 crazy off the wall questions as we strive to get our head around this GSV thang!
you can see how readily the girls below come to back you up, and offer their advice.
the old girls are only too willing to calm all fears, and hold our hands until we get over the nervous nellies! (whoa nellie!)

can i suggest that you hang out in the pre-op section, the december sleevers have thrashed out some pre-op nerves just recently,
and there a number of threads in that section dealing specifically with the very same issue.
also, a sticky up the top with a List of questions for your Surgeon may give you some guidance too.

best of all, in general chat, you have a thread specifically for January 2009 sleevers. you can hang out there with the crazy RiceCake!
apart from the fact that she's an absolute nutter, she's gone thru some doubts too, and has proved herself to be pretty damn handy with
the old attitude overhaul!

just take big, deep breaths, and hold onto a good, calm positive attitude! it'll all come together!
Back to top Go down
horseapplerancher
horseapplerancher

Female
Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: scared I wont make it!!!!   scared I wont make it!!!! EmptyMon 01 Dec 2008, 2:29 am

hi thanks to all of you. Kalgirl, thanks I decided that today instead of researching the sleeve and it's immidiate risks like I have done for three months. I need to start looking into my doc. I emailed him, and got a lot of useful ineformation. Thank you. I am just in transition and need to ask the people who know more than my books, or the net. Those people are all of you thanks again.
Back to top Go down
FaddingAway
Part of the furniture
FaddingAway

Female
Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: scared I wont make it!!!!   scared I wont make it!!!! EmptySun 30 Nov 2008, 5:55 pm

Hi
All surgery has its risks.
Ask your Dr what his sucess rate is? how many leaks etc?
where are you getting done?
I did read of a close call in mexico ages ago now that was from a leak . So its the leaks that are a big thing.
Everyone is scared about doing the under the knife thing. The day you get done is exactly 1 year that I was done. So it is a lucky day.
Good luck and don't spin out to much..
Back to top Go down
purplehaze
purplehaze

Female
Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Re: scared I wont make it!!!!   scared I wont make it!!!! EmptySun 30 Nov 2008, 8:30 am

Welcome Horseapplerancher That is good news getting a date however I would also reiterate the comments below in finding out as much as you can. Ask you surgeon everything you can think of, I ring mine with new questions, now that surgery is close (9 days). All surgery has risks, this is no different. Go onto the internet and put in searches on whatever you can think of. I don't know anyone who has died but have read about some on the internet. Often it was from other complications, not the sleeve.
Read through everything on this site, it will take hours, days but is worthwhile as you go on the journey with all the people that have been sleeved, booked into be sleeved and thinking about it. I went and got a second opnion recently and the surgeon has only done a few sleeves as he prefers the band or bypass. HIs only issue with the sleeve was the lack of data going back more than a few years and this only relates to weight loss.
Good luck scared I wont make it!!!! 63412
Back to top Go down
Magic Princess
Part of the furniture
Magic Princess

Female
Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2008-10-02

PostSubject: Re: scared I wont make it!!!!   scared I wont make it!!!! EmptySat 29 Nov 2008, 11:58 pm

Welcome Horseapplerancher (wow that's a mouthful isn't it?).

I concur with Kalgirl. You need to just keep researching and above all, ask questions to your surgeon/hospital. Please read through all the posts and glean as much information as you can from the journeys that have already been taken. However, we are very subjective in our views, which is why research is important from as many sites as possible and not just ours.

I do know there have been a few people who've gone from the US to somewhere else (possibly Mexico??) for there surgeries, so it might be worth checking out some of their posts or even sending them a PM to get their stories.

I do wish you all the best and please feel free to ask away with the questions. I can only speak from personal experience, that it has to be one of the best decisions I've ever made. I don't believe I had the strength the do it on my own and I truly needed this to ensure my longevity. I don't have children, but I wanted to grow old with my husband and actually enjoy my life. The life I had before the op, was not even close to enjoyable. Take care and good luck.
Back to top Go down
kalgirl
Part of the furniture
kalgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: scared I wont make it!!!!   scared I wont make it!!!! EmptySat 29 Nov 2008, 11:20 pm

congratulations horse, on getting a surgery date.

now, about your fears. understandable, but lets get some perspective. each country has different death rates for different surgeries.
ask your surgeon or hospital administrator what the surgeon's or the hospitals record for deaths/leaks are. you must have confidence in your surgeon.
it will ease your mind.

and i would encourage you do your own research on the net, as the better informed we are before our surgery,
the better we are able to handle our post-op needs, which increases our chances of success, and lessens the potential for complications.

but what i can assure you is, that death from GSV surgery will not even come close to the hundreds of thousands of deaths each year in the US
from obesity and its related complications. there is every chance that if you continued at the weight your are at the moment, your husband
and babies will not have you for as long as you anticipated.

but this surgery has to be right for you, and you're the only one who will be able to convince yourself by thorough investigation that it is the right decision.
on this forum you will find friendship, support and information from our individual perspectives, but we can't guarantee against bad luck or complications.
this is all part of life's gamble babe.
Back to top Go down
horseapplerancher
horseapplerancher

Female
Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: scared I wont make it!!!!   scared I wont make it!!!! EmptySat 29 Nov 2008, 10:54 pm

Hi everyone, I am new to the site. I have a surgery date for feb 12th 2009. I am scared of not the actual surgery date but of developing issues once i'm home.I am going out of the country and just would like to know how many people out their know someone who has died from the gastric sleeve? Please I am begging, I am so scared to leave my babies, and my husband thank you God bless.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: scared I wont make it!!!!   scared I wont make it!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

scared I wont make it!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: