Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why am I worrying now im booked in it wont work?

Go down 
+12
shelly25
MummaCass
Caz
Diamonds
Erin
Janette
ssjad
mapmar
realme
Cuddly Kat
fatnomore
PiercedMumma08
16 posters
AuthorMessage
fatnomore
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2009-12-30

Why am I worrying now im booked in it wont work? Empty
PostSubject:    Why am I worrying now im booked in it wont work? EmptyThu 29 Jul 2010, 11:19 pm

I had a night last night when I managed to eat a whole piece of porterhouse and small amount of vegges..well it didnt agree with me and I was grunting round the house in pain and the saliva started..went to the loo and literally coughed and had 3 small small small spews (first since surgery! 3 months ago ) and then I felt great. Didnt want to eat but it is only the small amount and you overdo it...and I somehow managed to go down in weight.....yippey finally!
Back to top Go down
sickgm

Male
Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2010-07-29

PostSubject: Same worry!   Why am I worrying now im booked in it wont work? EmptyThu 29 Jul 2010, 2:21 pm

Hi All,

I too have major concerns of this surgery not working. I had heaps of people telling me not to worry the "band" will work for you and low and behold I am my surgeons only patient who has put on weight since being banded?

I am hoping the sleeve is the answer to my weight issues! I know I should not worry but it is something that I am sure we have all gone through at some stage!

I am pretty certain I will be having the surgery but the results I am a little afraid of!
Why am I worrying now im booked in it wont work? 697586
Back to top Go down
TexasBell
Part of the furniture
TexasBell

Female
Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2009-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Why am I worrying now im booked in it wont work?   Why am I worrying now im booked in it wont work? EmptyThu 29 Jul 2010, 2:04 pm

Huggy I agree, when the bad food day isn't as bad anymore is so much easier to pick yourself up and get back on track isn't it?
Back to top Go down
Huggy Bear
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2010-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Why am I worrying now im booked in it wont work?   Why am I worrying now im booked in it wont work? EmptyThu 29 Jul 2010, 8:04 am

Hi PiercedMumma,

I am now sleeved 8 weeks ago today and down a total of about 27kg in the last 10 months.

Today was a bad day for me, emotionally wise. Feeling PMT-ish, cranky at the world and just an all round bad mood.

On a day like this last year I would have eaten until close to explosion levels - I would have HATED myself the entire time I was doing so as well, but I would have simply fed my face to ease the cranky syndrome.

Today on the other hand went something like this (eating wise);

1 bread roll with butter and leg ham
About 1 litre of water
1 choc-chip cookie
About 1/2 a box of shapes biscuits

Whilst it is certainly not a nutritional day for me I wanted to show you how minimal the damage truly is now. I feel like I have stuffed myself all day but when I really look at the list the only truly 'naughty' indulgence is the shapes biscuits.

Not exactly the pig out festival of old, is it?

Please don't worry yourself too much, just hang on and enjoy the ride and it gets easier and easier and easier to manage yourself and your foodie emotions (for me anyway).

xxHuggyBear
Back to top Go down
Jigglypuff
Part of the furniture
Jigglypuff

Female
Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2010-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Why am I worrying now im booked in it wont work?   Why am I worrying now im booked in it wont work? EmptyThu 29 Jul 2010, 7:53 am

PiercedMumma08, I too have similar doubts with my surgery looming on the distant horizon. My doubts are reinforced even more because of my failed band.

When my thoughts turn to the 'dark side', I give myself a kick in the pants and look at it this way:
If I do nothing, I will remain this weight (or more) for certain....If I have the surgery, I stand an excellent chance of living a longer and healthier life.

Keep reading all of the inspirational posts from the post-sleevers and feel blessed that we are able to have this life saving surgery.

Why am I worrying now im booked in it wont work? 217555
Back to top Go down
shelly25
Top Poster
Top Poster
shelly25

Female
Number of posts : 1776
Registration date : 2009-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Why am I worrying now im booked in it wont work?   Why am I worrying now im booked in it wont work? EmptyThu 29 Jul 2010, 7:40 am

I thought id be the one it wouldnt work for ,so if it can work for me it can work for anyone!!
Im 20kg down now andreally not doing anything except eating so much less because i have no choice and the weights coming off, i havent done any exercise (yet).I am still a sweet tooth i think i always will be,but physically cannot stuff myself,you just cant.
Dont panic
cheers
shelly
Back to top Go down
MummaCass
Part of the furniture
MummaCass

Female
Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2010-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Why am I worrying now im booked in it wont work?   Why am I worrying now im booked in it wont work? EmptyThu 29 Jul 2010, 5:19 am

I also have this fear actually. Like in my head I know that everyone here has had such great results, but that whole unknown of what if it doesn't stay off or it some how doesn't come off as easy as it seems some people here have.
But I would have thought that this op does work for everyone, just to different degrees, right? Like you cant have this op not loose weight at all right?
Just checking...
Thanks,
Cass
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Why am I worrying now im booked in it wont work?   Why am I worrying now im booked in it wont work? EmptyThu 29 Jul 2010, 2:00 am

One of my favourite sayings is:

If you think you can - you can.
If you think you can't - you're rig
ht!

So set yourself up for a "can" and not a "can't".

Hugs
Caz
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Erin
Erin

Female
Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2010-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Why am I worrying now im booked in it wont work?   Why am I worrying now im booked in it wont work? EmptyWed 28 Jul 2010, 10:49 pm

Everything will be just fine and soon there will a whole new you!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Why am I worrying now im booked in it wont work?   Why am I worrying now im booked in it wont work? EmptyWed 28 Jul 2010, 9:55 pm

Nat let me assure you, you will NOT overeat once you are full.........oh the pain!!!!!
I have only done it once and bloody hell Boggled

I tried for 40 years to lose weight, well that I can do, I just could never keep it off!
This surgery has saved my life. Why am I worrying now im booked in it wont work? 63412

I can't believe how much I can move around now, LOL nearly jumping out of my skin Why am I worrying now im booked in it wont work? 65317

You will love it........think positive thought Why am I worrying now im booked in it wont work? 217555 Why am I worrying now im booked in it wont work? 217555
Back to top Go down
ssjad
Part of the furniture
ssjad

Female
Number of posts : 970
Registration date : 2010-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Why am I worrying now im booked in it wont work?   Why am I worrying now im booked in it wont work? EmptyWed 28 Jul 2010, 2:14 pm

Haha - I love a good bitch slap!

on guard
Back to top Go down
realme
Part of the furniture
realme

Female
Number of posts : 763
Registration date : 2010-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Why am I worrying now im booked in it wont work?   Why am I worrying now im booked in it wont work? EmptyWed 28 Jul 2010, 2:12 pm

I know what you mean, a few moments ago my husband just said to me "cant you just excercise and eat right?".....uh? I cant believe he just said that to me! after all the research (been researching since March), after making this decision that is so life changing, after all the tears of frustration,anger, and failure he says that to me! I want to bitch slap him to the side of the head! Actually, forget that, it really doesnt suprise me..... Why am I worrying now im booked in it wont work? 595690
Back to top Go down
PiercedMumma08
Top Poster
Top Poster
PiercedMumma08

Female
Number of posts : 1702
Registration date : 2010-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Why am I worrying now im booked in it wont work?   Why am I worrying now im booked in it wont work? EmptyWed 28 Jul 2010, 2:03 pm

Thanks guys,

I think its just my way of being nervous- like- its just my panic.

I also just think that with all the other weight loss things Ive tried im not sure why this wont. I havent actually gone to the measures of surgery but....

Im sure ill feel differently once its all over!!!! PANIC PANIC PANIC!!!!
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Why am I worrying now im booked in it wont work?   Why am I worrying now im booked in it wont work? EmptyWed 28 Jul 2010, 1:50 pm

As my dad says.... why worry over the things you can't control.... the future.... you can't control it, but you can let it control you!
Think positive thoughts, take one day at a time and you will learn to love the sleeve.
We all have worrying thoughts of "will it work"..... my answer is yes it will....
Unfortunately whatever we say on here won't really help you stop worrying.... but I bet you once you are done, you will definitely understand what we are saying.....
Take care.... look after yourself, sit back and enjoy the ride to the new you!
Back to top Go down
realme
Part of the furniture
realme

Female
Number of posts : 763
Registration date : 2010-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Why am I worrying now im booked in it wont work?   Why am I worrying now im booked in it wont work? EmptyWed 28 Jul 2010, 1:40 pm

Nat, why do you think it wont work for you? we ALL over eat, we ALL eat the wrong things, we ALL got fat by doing very similar things!!! so my question to you is...why, if the sleeve has worked for 99% of people who got it done, wouldnt it work for you???
Im a worrier too, but girlfriend, you are worrying way too much! think positively and good things will happen...heck, good things will happen either way! you will lose weight and it will work and you will be very very happy....so there.
p.s. stop worrying! hehe

Why am I worrying now im booked in it wont work? 63412 Why am I worrying now im booked in it wont work? 63412 Why am I worrying now im booked in it wont work? 63412 Why am I worrying now im booked in it wont work? 63412 Why am I worrying now im booked in it wont work? 63412 Why am I worrying now im booked in it wont work? 63412 Why am I worrying now im booked in it wont work? 63412
Back to top Go down
Cuddly Kat
Part of the furniture
Cuddly Kat

Female
Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2009-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Why am I worrying now im booked in it wont work?   Why am I worrying now im booked in it wont work? EmptyWed 28 Jul 2010, 1:39 pm

I do know what you mean. I still think of myself as really overweight and sit gingerly on chairs, I think its going to take a lot longer than 12 months before I really believe that the weight is gone and won't come back.

All I can tell you is that I was a really big overeater (like binge quantities) before the sleeve and I just don't do that anymore. Partly cuz I can't physically eat 1L of ice cream (embarrased to admit but I have tried, usually can only eat a few cms down in the tub.. I now don't buy it!!) but I do make better food choices now that I have lost the weight cuz I love being a size 16. Yeah its not a supermodel but it does me and I'm really motivated to stay this size and weight.

I do have days where I buy peanut M&Ms or grain wave chips but for some reason which can't be explained (after all the sleeve just makes your tummy smaller and takes away the hunger hormone yet it does seem to alter your thinking a bit too...) I do feel waaay more compelled to eat better and not graze. Maybe its cuz we go through this surgery and the recovery etc so we want this second chance? Maybe its cuz as the weight started coming off I started to realise that whatever I weigh, I deserve the chance to be a healthier person and wear normal clothes etc?

Don't know eh... But I bet there are a lot of people on this site who worry that it won't work for them and I haven't seen anyone who is back over 100 kilos post sleeve yet. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
PiercedMumma08
Top Poster
Top Poster
PiercedMumma08

Female

PostSubject: Re: Why am I worrying now im booked in it wont work?   Why am I worrying now im booked in it wont work? EmptyWed 28 Jul 2010, 1:32 pm

I just dont want to be the first person to REGAIN the 75 kilos that I am overweight. Do you know what I mean?

I have other sleevers telling me that they could eat more after an hour of stopping and not to pick all day....

Its these things that worry me!
Back to top Go down
Cuddly Kat
Part of the furniture
Cuddly Kat

Female
Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2009-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Why am I worrying now im booked in it wont work?   Why am I worrying now im booked in it wont work? EmptyWed 28 Jul 2010, 1:28 pm

Hi Nat

I think a lot of us must think we are going to become someone that person who it won't work for. I couldn't believe it worked for me but IT DID!! And I had tried a lot of things over a decade to try and lose any sort of weight.

When I got to my lowest weight I did put a few kilos on but it doesn't take a long time of really watching your food and making sure its that bit healthier before it comes off again (what a change!) so its a LOT easier to keep your weight under control then it was before. I try to have regular healthy meals but I still find I'll get busy and not eat for a whole morning cuz I haven't been hungry - that would NOT have happened pre sleeve I can tell you! And overeating? Forget it, simply not possible. Don't get me wrong, unfortunately you can put away a lot of chips, chocolate and ice cream (or any other high calorie food of choice) from about 6 months on if you choose to eat those things (and still not as much as you could pre sleeve mind you) but as long as you stick to ''real'' food, you won't be able to overeat real food at all. I had burritos for dinner and couldn't eat a whole one tonight (sometimes I can!) Actually thats how I can tell if something is good for me, if I get really full from eating a small amount of it, like a chicken stir fry and veges etc.

When you are full, you are FULL. You may get pain in your shoulders or your diaphragm if you take even one more bite (everyone has different full signs) and that takes a while to get used to but you'll learn and you think hey this is how skinny people must be like, they actually leave things on the plate and don't have this '"I'll just have this last bite" mentality which has been so bad for our weight in the past.

Only 26 days to go! You'll be over this side before you know it. Good luck!!!!
Why am I worrying now im booked in it wont work? 217555

Last edited by Cuddly Kat on Wed 28 Jul 2010, 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PiercedMumma08
Top Poster
Top Poster
PiercedMumma08

Female

PostSubject: Re: Why am I worrying now im booked in it wont work?   Why am I worrying now im booked in it wont work? EmptyWed 28 Jul 2010, 1:22 pm

fatnomore wrote:
it will work...you cant overstuff yourself unless you sit down with food all day long picking at it.....good luck

See its these things I worry about
Back to top Go down
fatnomore
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2009-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Why am I worrying now im booked in it wont work?   Why am I worrying now im booked in it wont work? EmptyWed 28 Jul 2010, 1:20 pm

Nat...all natural thoughts there..hell I have lost 24kg and I still am wondering if it will work... work that out!!! it will work...you cant overstuff yourself unless you sit down with food all day long picking at it.....good luck

Back to top Go down
PiercedMumma08
Top Poster
Top Poster
PiercedMumma08

Female

PostSubject: Why am I worrying now im booked in it wont work?   Why am I worrying now im booked in it wont work? EmptyWed 28 Jul 2010, 1:09 pm

Now Im only 26 days out from surgery, Im panicking that it wont work.

Im worried I will overeat, even when Im full.

Im worried I will stuff it up and be one of the sleeve people who gain weight.

I know these are just silly thoughts but I just cant help it.

Someone reassure me.....Im not going to change my mind for anything I just am having worries that it wont work!

Nat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why am I worrying now im booked in it wont work?   Why am I worrying now im booked in it wont work? Empty

Back to top Go down

Why am I worrying now im booked in it wont work?
Page 1 of 1