5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jenni
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2009-10-14

mushy food first time Empty
PostSubject: mushy food first time   mushy food first time EmptyTue 26 Oct 2010, 4:21 am

Check out the Post-op post and the mushy recipes posts
Jenni
Back to top Go down
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female
Number of posts : 2601
Registration date : 2009-09-17

PostSubject: Re: mushy food first time   mushy food first time EmptyMon 25 Oct 2010, 11:32 pm

My first puree meals were Velish pumpkin soup with a little chicken breast, all wizzed up in the blender. Yummo as I recall. I did a lot of blending soups with chicken and/or veges.
I did buy some baby food cos I thought that might be convenient, but they weren't as nice as I had hoped :-)

Keep it a bit runny until you know what your tummy feels comfortable with and then you can experiment and thicken it more at your own pace.

-Carrie
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: mushy food first time   mushy food first time EmptyMon 25 Oct 2010, 11:36 am

mashed potato or anything of that consistancy is a very bad idea as a first food on mushies. some people breeze straight along able to eat food like that but a lot find it just way way to dry. you need to think 1 teasppon of a mashed potato consistancy with 2 spoons at least of a gravy sauce. try that first if it goes down fine then reduce the sauce by one spoon and see how you go. any time something doesnt feel right take a step back and add way more suce gravy type stuff to the mix.
tinned or home made soups make a good sourse of gravy type substence to add to your food. take extra care when introducing red meat extra sauce etc as that is the most likely to cause a problem.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
Berta
Berta

Female
Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2010-09-20

PostSubject: Re: mushy food first time   mushy food first time EmptyMon 25 Oct 2010, 10:53 am

Hi Spoggy!

I tried very pureed mashed potato with a bit of mustard for flavour for my first mushy food. It was great! I also tried really thick potato & leek soup which was lovely as well.

Good luck on your way to the mush!!

Cheers,
Berta
Back to top Go down
spoggy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2479
Registration date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: mushy food first time   mushy food first time EmptyMon 25 Oct 2010, 10:38 am

What do people suggest is the best thing to consume for the first mushy lunch and dinner? Don't want to overdo it.

REgards
Spoggy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: mushy food first time   mushy food first time Empty

Back to top Go down

mushy food first time
Page 1 of 1