applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Weddng while on Mushy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weddng while on Mushy   Weddng while on Mushy EmptySun 28 Feb 2010, 3:37 am

Depends if you feel like you are making a fuss or want others to know you had surgery. If you do not mind people knowing then phone the bride and ask what is on the menu. If there is a soup or a veggie dish which sounds like their is sauce you will be fine. Just have the soup or mash the veggies into the sauce and eat that. But if you do not want others to know grab a tetra pack of sustegen or tony ferguson drink and take that with you to lunch and if anybody comments say you have a bit off an off tummy and only want a liquid lunch. If it is going to be a long reception put an extra drink in the bag.

Honestly the amount you will be eating that far out will be no moe than 5 spoons less for a lot of people. So getting special diet made for you might seem a tad silly on the day when you realise just how little of it you will actually eat. As I said the side order of potato an pumkin mashed with a little gravy will be more than you will fit in, or half the bowl of soup.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
CheekyBugger
Part of the furniture
CheekyBugger

Male
Number of posts : 561
Registration date : 2009-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Weddng while on Mushy   Weddng while on Mushy EmptySun 28 Feb 2010, 3:35 am

definitely tell the bride and groom.

i had a wedding three weeks after my sleeve, if i didnt tell them then I would have been in trouble, Luckily I was seated with my family anyway so it was easy, they all knew and had no issues.

The Bride went out of her way to make sure I chose what i felt comfortable with eating like soup etc.
Back to top Go down
Abbadabbadoo

Female
Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Weddng while on Mushy   Weddng while on Mushy EmptySun 28 Feb 2010, 2:54 am

Hi Guys
I have a wedding to attend while I'm on mushy,
my sleeve date is 10/3/2010, and the wedding is 27/3/2010.
I have not told he extended family of my operation.
What have others done in this situations?

have you told the Bride and Groom of Dietary requirements or just hoped there was something available on the day?

Thanks Heaps
Abbadabbadoo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weddng while on Mushy   Weddng while on Mushy Empty

Back to top Go down

Weddng while on Mushy
Page 1 of 1