PiercedMumma08
Top Poster
Top Poster
PiercedMumma08

Female
Number of posts : 1702
Registration date : 2010-04-05

When did you try bread? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When did you try bread?   When did you try bread? EmptyMon 27 Sep 2010, 9:09 am

and gemini- thanks for the bread advice. I think i will wait until next week, have a huge week and dont need to be feeling sluggish or sick.

Next Monday ill be 6 weeks out. Probably better then anyway
Back to top Go down
PiercedMumma08
Top Poster
Top Poster
PiercedMumma08

Female

PostSubject: Re: When did you try bread?   When did you try bread? EmptyMon 27 Sep 2010, 9:08 am

I have those chicken in a can things all the time. They are a good serving size (for me) and I dont mind the taste. You can get different ones and some different flavours. The calories and protein arent too bad.

The salt is (as a preservative) I guess but for me its about the protein up, the calories down and something that is simple and something that works for me.
Back to top Go down
Ivesberg
Ivesberg

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-08-26

PostSubject: Re: When did you try bread?   When did you try bread? EmptyMon 27 Sep 2010, 7:51 am

I've seen those shredded chicken cans in the supermarket. Are they any good. Is there flavored ones?
Back to top Go down
geminiruby
geminiruby

Female
Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2009-10-15

PostSubject: Re: When did you try bread?   When did you try bread? EmptySun 26 Sep 2010, 11:32 pm

Bread can be really filling and make you feel uncomfortable due to its water content. Try toasting it instead.
I find occasionally I can eat a slice of well cooked toast with peanut butter or cream cheese on it. Just remember to take your time. Try half a slice at first.
I tend to eat alot of rice cakes or corn thins. They still give me the crunch I crave and they are portable. It's not unusual to find corn thins and a can of shredded chicken lurking in the bottom of my hand bag! When did you try bread? 595690
Cheers,
Kris
Back to top Go down
shelly25
Top Poster
Top Poster
shelly25

Female
Number of posts : 1776
Registration date : 2009-11-21

PostSubject: Re: When did you try bread?   When did you try bread? EmptySun 26 Sep 2010, 1:04 pm

I had bread about 2 months after my op
the main reason being that i didnt want to waste space on
carbs but was focusing on the protien, i did have cruskits after
about 5 weeks wth no probs.
even now at 6 months out i rarely eat bread
i stick to things like chicken and salad
shelly
Back to top Go down
Ivesberg
Ivesberg

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-08-26

PostSubject: Re: When did you try bread?   When did you try bread? EmptySun 26 Sep 2010, 11:57 am

I tried bread today (just a little bit) and it was fine. I'm 4 weeks out. I actually thought that scrambled eggs (well actually one egg) on Cruskits was much tastier and had a nice crunch to it. The corn Cruskits are really nice.

My thing is that I have to remember to eat SLOWLY! It's hard after 36 years of eating fast and taking big mouthfulls which is why I got to my high weight I guess.
Back to top Go down
LeoMegs
LeoMegs

Female
Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2010-06-27

PostSubject: Re: When did you try bread?   When did you try bread? EmptySun 26 Sep 2010, 11:33 am

Last week I had one slice of bread with some salmon and fat-free mayonnaise. I didn't eat the crusts though.
Back to top Go down
AliKat
Part of the furniture
AliKat

Female
Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2010-07-23

PostSubject: Re: When did you try bread?   When did you try bread? EmptySun 26 Sep 2010, 3:20 am

I'd say about four weeks after surgery, it was just a little but now I am eight weeks after surgery and I enjoy bread. I don't have it daily and I don't worry about it - I like, so I eat it. That's why I had the sleeve and not the band - variety in foods and vegemite on lovely fresh white bread. White, grain, sourdough - whatever I feel like.
Back to top Go down
PiercedMumma08
Top Poster
Top Poster
PiercedMumma08

Female

PostSubject: Re: When did you try bread?   When did you try bread? EmptySun 26 Sep 2010, 2:16 am

untidyaunty wrote:
Im 7 weeks just had bread this week, seed and grain wasted space and it got stuck but did taste yummy. (I do have a small sleeve 26g). You at one stage could eat 2 scrambled eggs were I was struggling to eat a 1/4

Yeah i might wait a bit longer.

I couldnt get 2 eggs in, I could manage about 1.5 but lately one is already too much.

I dont know im just sick of trying to work it out!
Back to top Go down
whitegold10
whitegold10

Female
Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2010-04-15

PostSubject: Re: When did you try bread?   When did you try bread? EmptySun 26 Sep 2010, 1:55 am

I tried some lightly toasted bread with a turkey meatball I made around
4-5 weeks I think? Went down ok but yeah very filling. Haven't tried fresh bread yet but don't think I will for a while. Trying to stay away from my beloved long lost starchy carbs haha
Back to top Go down
kold78
Part of the furniture

Male
Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2010-06-22

PostSubject: Re: When did you try bread?   When did you try bread? EmptySun 26 Sep 2010, 12:39 am

Im 7 weeks just had bread this week, seed and grain wasted space and it got stuck but did taste yummy. (I do have a small sleeve 26g). You at one stage could eat 2 scrambled eggs were I was struggling to eat a 1/4
Back to top Go down
PiercedMumma08
Top Poster
Top Poster
PiercedMumma08

Female

PostSubject: When did you try bread?   When did you try bread? EmptySat 25 Sep 2010, 11:21 pm

Hi guys

Im feeling im a bit limited in my diet at the moment (5 weeks out tomorrow). I wanted to try a poached egg on some toast but i got a bit scared that maybe the bread is too early to be trying yet?

So when did you try it?

Nat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When did you try bread?   When did you try bread? Empty

Back to top Go down

When did you try bread?
Page 1 of 1