AuthorMessage
lilac
Part of the furniture
lilac

Female
Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2010-08-02

When can I eat bread? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When can I eat bread?   When can I eat bread? EmptyThu 14 Apr 2011, 9:49 am

At the 6 week stage you can eat bread. I recommend you eat it toasted though so it doesn't get gluggy in your stomach. Also make sure you eat thin slices not the toast size variety.
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female
Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: When can I eat bread?   When can I eat bread? EmptyThu 14 Apr 2011, 1:19 am

Bread took me a good 12 months to be comfortable with.
Back to top Go down
PiercedMumma08
Top Poster
Top Poster
PiercedMumma08

Female
Number of posts : 1702
Registration date : 2010-04-05

PostSubject: Re: When can I eat bread?   When can I eat bread? EmptyWed 13 Apr 2011, 8:59 pm

I completely agree with the wise words of Janette and Crisby.

You just have to take it one day at a time, one step at a time.

There's lots of other things you can move onto soon so dont rush it. You dont want to get sick.... trust me. IT hurts!

I know it seems like you will never eat normally again but you will. Including bread.

So stick to the guidelines, they are there for a reason.

Just take it slow, your body has been through a MAJOR operation so needs time to heal. If your leg was broken, would you be ripping the cast off and going for a run 2 weeks after? NOPE!

One day at a time!!!

Nat xoxoxo
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: When can I eat bread?   When can I eat bread? EmptyWed 13 Apr 2011, 7:32 pm

Hi Rebecca
Firstly, your timetable seems to not be slow, but normal.
I know that you're at a difficult stage, but hang in there - your tiny new tummy has to heal properly to be able to tolerate 'real' food. If you eat it now, you'll just make yourself sick - literally. Of course, there are always a few people who can eat earlier, but around 6-8 weeks is common.
You can have lots of different things now, though. Make up a spag bol and then puree it, same with stews and other things too. And for the 'crunch factor', try a cruskit - you can crunch it and then it will melt down to nothing in your mouth. Or, as I did, sugar free chewing gum - couldn't do without it!
As for eating bread again - just accept that you won't be doing that for quite some time. When you get back to normal food, you will have to eat protein first, veggies second, and carbs last - so don't count on a piece of toast any time soon (although you can always filch a bite of someone else's if you must).
Hang in there - it's worth it!
Chris
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: When can I eat bread?   When can I eat bread? EmptyWed 13 Apr 2011, 6:34 am

6 weeks for bread or even longer and some still can't eat bread.
I was able to eat and tolerate bread at 6 weeks and have no problems, but then I can eat and drink anything!

You do purees for a reason and thats so your stomach has time to heal.
Sorry but I would be sticking to your dieticians guidelines.
Back to top Go down
Beckstar77
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2011-01-01

PostSubject: When can I eat bread?   When can I eat bread? EmptyWed 13 Apr 2011, 3:55 am

Hi all
I 2 weeks out today and my surgeon and dietician like to take things very slow, 2 weeks liquid, 2 weeks purée and 2 weeks mushies.
I cannot even THINK about having one more opti, 4 weeks has been long enough!
Yesterday I ate a vita wheat with milk for brekkie, but today could only manage a few teaspoons.
Does anyone else fi d if they have a good day, the next day is hard to get much in?
I'm dying to know when I can eat toast or bread again? I know diff surgeons have diff rules and others progressed onto food much quicker than others.
I really feel like I want to EAT something normal, I'm so over soups, opti and custards etc.
Will it do damage? I'm keen to see if I actually can eat or not.
Thanks
Rebecca
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When can I eat bread?   When can I eat bread? Empty

Back to top Go down

When can I eat bread?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: