Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

When to eat bread? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When to eat bread?   When to eat bread? EmptySun 14 Aug 2011, 10:34 pm

Everyone is different in how they tolerate different foods and amounts they eat in the first few months.

I had no problems from the beginning, tolerated everything really well, and eating the amounts given to me as guidelines by my dietician.

I am also a lover of bread, and was allowed to introduce bread into my diet at 4 weeks post-op, but toasted.

I had bread (toasted) instead of dry biscuits, but used it like a biscuit, cut in half with my protein on top. Loved it and still have this for lunch everyday.

Some breads might not have a lot of nutritional value, but you have to choose one that do.
I used Burgen Soy-Lin, its one of the denser smaller breads, but I love it and it has 6.45 gms protein per slice.

I just tried different breads until I found one I really liked that was high in protein. There are others.

Good luck with your journey.

PS I would steer clear of crumpets and remember its trial and error and we are all different!

When to eat bread? 217555 When to eat bread? 217555
Back to top Go down
mumof4
mumof4

Female
Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2011-01-29

When to eat bread? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When to eat bread?   When to eat bread? EmptySun 14 Aug 2011, 10:30 pm

I am 7 months post op and still can't really eat bread, it dits in my throat and I just vomit every time. I used to be a big bread eater before surgery, I miss it sometimes but then I remember how I feel when I eat it!
Back to top Go down
antsinpants
Part of the furniture
antsinpants

Female
Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-05-04

When to eat bread? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When to eat bread?   When to eat bread? EmptySun 14 Aug 2011, 1:10 pm

Argh, if you are anything like me - I couldn't touch crumpets for months!!!
They sat like a brick in my belly.... yuck...

Try, try try to stay away from the bread - its not great in your belly, especially initially...

Follow your surgeon or dieticians' advice!!
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

When to eat bread? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When to eat bread?   When to eat bread? EmptySun 14 Aug 2011, 1:07 pm

try and stay off of bread/carbs for as long as you can..... not only earlier on as your tummy is still healing but in the longer term, you need more protein than carbs to keep you weight going down.
Back to top Go down
shelly25
Top Poster
Top Poster
shelly25

Female
Number of posts : 1776
Registration date : 2009-11-21

When to eat bread? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When to eat bread?   When to eat bread? EmptySun 14 Aug 2011, 12:56 pm

i didnt eat any for about 6 mths by choice as it has no nutritional value and i could only eat so little wanted to fill up on protien as the most important thing.

i do eat bread occasionally - a half sandwich or bit of pizza but not often,i find it is a waste of space with no nutritional value!

you could have a cruskit in a couple of weeks as they dissolve in the mouth but bread would probably still need to be avoided at for awhile

shelly
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

When to eat bread? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When to eat bread?   When to eat bread? EmptySun 14 Aug 2011, 10:39 am

I'm afraid bread will be out for a while yet...not because it will be hard to eat, but because you have to have protein first, then veg, and carbs last, and you simply won't have room for it! And if you decide to go ahead anyway, it will be several weeks yet...
Back to top Go down
crowygirl

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-09-13

When to eat bread? Empty
PostSubject: When to eat bread?   When to eat bread? EmptySun 14 Aug 2011, 10:33 am

Hi Everyone, i had my op last week. Onto pureed foods now. When is it safe to eat bread? Im missing it soooo much. Thinking crumpets might be easier to start with?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

When to eat bread? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When to eat bread?   When to eat bread? Empty

Back to top Go down

When to eat bread?
Page 1 of 1