6 posters
AuthorMessage
mzkay
mzkay

Female
Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2010-07-11

Undecided and nervous Empty
PostSubject: Re: Undecided and nervous   Undecided and nervous EmptySun 18 Jul 2010, 1:48 pm

Congrats on deciding :)

That is soon, good luck and im sure you will be happy :)
Back to top Go down
Qured

Female
Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2010-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Undecided and nervous   Undecided and nervous EmptyFri 16 Jul 2010, 10:26 am

So...I had my appointment with the surgeon. And he was great! I mean, great! So, a great doc and a great guy.

I weighed myself there...after 4 years. And I was 142 kg after all. My BMI is 51. I *just* need to lose half my weight :P
He answered everything with great detail, he told me about all the complications and the risks with great detail and he said that I'm probably a tiny bit overweight for the procedure and that maybe a bypass would be more appropriate but we agreed on the sleeve after all.

I'm actually gonna do it (probably) between the 29th of July and 2nd of August, which is in two weeks time!!! I need to get soooo many things sorted by then! I'm very anxious and kinda...excited. In the past couple of weeks I've talked about it with all my friends and they've all been so great and supportive!
Back to top Go down
Qured

Female

PostSubject: Re: Undecided and nervous   Undecided and nervous EmptyFri 09 Jul 2010, 10:31 am

@Carrie: Thank you for the links and everything :) And wow... I'm impressed with your journey so far! So much weight-loss! Well done you! It's very inspirational.

@mapmar: thanks for the encouragement!

As far as I can see different people lose quite different amounts of weight, don't they? If I go through with this, I'd like to see a two digit number in a year's time...That would be great!
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Undecided and nervous   Undecided and nervous EmptyFri 09 Jul 2010, 8:17 am

Geeze if only this surgery was around when I was 27!!! go for it, it will be the best thing you will ever do!!
Back to top Go down
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female
Number of posts : 2601
Registration date : 2009-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Undecided and nervous   Undecided and nervous EmptyFri 09 Jul 2010, 12:05 am

Hi Qured,

Welcome to the forum, there are lots of lovely people here who will do their best to answer your questions.
Qured wrote:
...To sleeve or not to live? That's what pops in mind right now really...
That's how I felt before my sleeve too.

I am very envious of you, being able to consider this option at your age. I had my sleeve operation in February this year and am very, very happy that I did... But, I can't help thinking, if only I had had it when I was younger. I can't imagine how much better my life would have been. Congratulations on doing something about your problem now.

My worst weight was 165kg, by the time I saw my surgeon for the first time I was 157kg. I had my sleeve on Feb. 12th and am now 97.5kg and still losing steadily. I am very optimistic about my chances of getting to my goal of being a healthy, comfortable weight.

Have a good look around the site, The Diaries in particular would be a good place to start. The Pre-op and Post-op sections will also give you a good idea of what to expect.

Have a read of the Welcome to Newbies section too, it will give you an idea of how the site works.

If you can't find answers to your questions, ask away, there is sure to be someone who can help.

Good luck for Wednesday.

Cheers - Carrie
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Undecided and nervous   Undecided and nervous EmptyThu 08 Jul 2010, 11:51 pm

Good luck with your decision, and feel free to ask questions. There is a thread somewhere about questions to ask your doctor - might be a good idea to look at that and print out to take with you.

All the best
Caz
Back to top Go down
Qured

Female

PostSubject: Re: Undecided and nervous   Undecided and nervous EmptyThu 08 Jul 2010, 11:39 pm

Thanks for your warm welcome messages :)

To sleeve or not to live? That's what pops in mind right now really...
And yes, I do need to improve my health and my happiness and stop limiting myself in so many ways.

I'm very glad to hear you've got no probs with water - that was actually a big concern.

I've been reading through the forum and it all seems very useful and the whole thing is very supportive.
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Undecided and nervous   Undecided and nervous EmptyThu 08 Jul 2010, 10:57 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I also have no problems with water.

Good luck with your appointment and decision.

I love my sleeve and its the best decision I have ever made. Undecided and nervous 542174

Undecided and nervous 217555 Undecided and nervous 217555
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Undecided and nervous   Undecided and nervous EmptyThu 08 Jul 2010, 10:18 pm

There are many people on the forum who started at a high weight so I'll let them respond to you - in fact there is a thread about this.

http://www.gastricsleevesupport.com/the-pre-op-page-f3/was-anyone-150kg-when-sleeved-t3922.htm

Re the water - I can swallow a full glass of water with no problem at all. Not with a meal, but between meals.

At 27 you have your whole life ahead of you - and this operation will improve your health and happiness. That's for sure!
Back to top Go down
Qured

Female

PostSubject: Undecided and nervous   Undecided and nervous EmptyThu 08 Jul 2010, 10:05 pm

Hey all :)

Today I made an appointment with a surgeon. I'm seeing him on Wednesday. We are going to talk about my options and stuff. And I'm taking my mother with me (in case she can remember to ask anything I forget, she's a doctor and all). She's scared and my friends are scared and everybody keeps telling me that I should make one more effort with dieting. But I feel like I can't.

I'm 27 years old, 1,67 and approximately 150 kg (I haven't weighed myself in 4 years though, so I can't really know).

Has anyone else had a sleeve at 150 kg?
Should I forget enjoying swallowing a full glass of water for the rest of my life?
Are the everyday changes (apart from the weightloss) hard to deal with?

I'd appreciate any response really :)

Ty
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Undecided and nervous   Undecided and nervous Empty

Back to top Go down

Undecided and nervous
Page 1 of 1