Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
debrobdan

Female
Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2012-07-16

Depressed and Undecided.. please help!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Depressed and Undecided.. please help!!   Depressed and Undecided.. please help!! EmptyThu 17 Oct 2013, 5:12 am

Hi
I am 13 months post op and have had no regrets the first 6 months are a bit odd getting use to everything but now I can eat everything just smaller amounts as for drinking I can drink wine and vodka and orange no problems I have lost 52kg  but have not lost any in the last 3 months but have maintained it so Im very happy with my decision with the sleeve I feel like nothing has changed except I am smaller and happier don't be afraid just do it and let me know in 12 months how you feel I know you will feel well, nothing changes except your body as for going to restaurant's I go once a week order what I want if I don't eat It all my Husband eats it or I take it home and eat it later but always order like fish and salad or prawns and chicken I am eating home made beef jerky now as this seems to go down better than a piece of steak hope the info helps you out and good luck.
Back to top Go down
Chongololo
Part of the furniture
Chongololo

Female
Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2013-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Depressed and Undecided.. please help!!   Depressed and Undecided.. please help!! EmptyThu 17 Oct 2013, 2:45 am

Hi,

first point is that a sleeve will certainly limit your weight gain again - unless you eat around the restriction by consuming slider foods constantly.

1) hope you get some answers tot hat one :)
2) I eat an entree, ask for it to be served with the mains, and/or split a main with someone.
3) pfft, I am 7 months out and can eat half a cup no problems. Less dense food i can eat three quarters or more sometimes - two tablespoons at a year is ridiculous, that way lies malnutrition and severe complications i suggest! Steak - I can eat a small piece of fillet steak. (nothing else, mind you) your best bet with restaurant steaks is to steal 2-3 square inches from someone else's order, it is never worth ordering a steak for yourself :)
4) yes, I don't really - because I never really did much - but you become a cheap drunk. Also note many can't handle/avoid for fear of stretching all carbonated drinks.. I avoid them like the plague, and mourn beer as a result. I know drinking is fine as long as you take into account the empty calories etc.

it will be a few months before you will be ok with going back to restaurants etc, depending on what food rules your surgeon/dietician has. But seriously, your food social life continues, you just have much much smaller portions and do most of the talking!

:)
Back to top Go down
EJ

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2013-10-17

PostSubject: Depressed and Undecided.. please help!!   Depressed and Undecided.. please help!! EmptyThu 17 Oct 2013, 2:03 am

Hi there,

I have struggled with my weight since I had my 1st child almost 16yrs ago. I have gone up and down and my recent and most successful time I lost nearly 30kgs by going to weight watchers, it took 2yrs of hard work and I still needed to lose another 10-15kgs to get to goal, then I quit smoking 2 months ago and I have gained 15kg back and have completely lost my motivation and been severely depressed.

I have seen Dr Stephanie Ulmer and she is happy to do the op for me, the receptionist keeps calling asking if I have decided and want to make a date and I feel under pressure to decide. One minute I am a definite yes to get a sleeve then I think surely I can lose weight without an op I have lost 30kg before... then I am a definite no I don't want a sleeve then I think I will never get to a size I'm happy at and stay there without an op... I am so confused and all its doing to me is making me depressed and stressed and eat more so in turn I'm gaining more weight :(

I have a family that feels the op is to drastic and I shouldn't do it so I don't feel supported in the decision to have an op. I have a few questions about having a sleeve and wondered if anyone could answer them??

1. Has anybody here been to Stephanie Ulmer? If so how did you find her?
2. My family go out to dinner ALOT.. what do you eat at a restaurant? can you still have steak and mushroom?
3. I read people only eat 1 or 2 tablespoons of food after a yr.. how much can you eat in the long run?
4. I socially drink twice a month.. can you still drink?

I know you need to change your lifestyle after the op, I am not planning on drinking all the time and eating steaks lol I am just trying to compare my life now to how I can make it work if I do have the op because I have over-analysed this decision so many times it has taken over my life.. I don't go out anymore as I'm ashamed of the weight I have gained back and I sit here on the laptop all day long looking at info and pics of gastric sleeve.. I'm feeling lost and really just need help.

I feel I have gone on enough lol so thanx for your time and I hope to get some answers soon :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Depressed and Undecided.. please help!!   Depressed and Undecided.. please help!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Depressed and Undecided.. please help!!
Page 1 of 1