AuthorMessage
sassyred
Part of the furniture
sassyred

Female
Number of posts : 657
Registration date : 2011-09-01

Failed, depressed, and my cat is sick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Failed, depressed, and my cat is sick   Failed, depressed, and my cat is sick EmptyMon 27 Feb 2012, 9:08 am

It's your no.1 cheerleader here. You are letting your boys down if you don't listen to the excellent advice here and get back on that wagon. You can't afford to go back to the way you were.

I wonder if sober responsible Mel would attract better friends. You have got a good bunch here for starters (c:

Wishing puss all the best
Failed, depressed, and my cat is sick 542174

Back to top Go down
CareBear
Part of the furniture
CareBear

Female
Number of posts : 354
Registration date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Failed, depressed, and my cat is sick   Failed, depressed, and my cat is sick EmptyMon 27 Feb 2012, 7:06 am

*slap* *slap* - snap out of it! No time for self pity - you know the deal, know what needs to be done, get on with it girlfriend!

Failed, depressed, and my cat is sick 217555 Failed, depressed, and my cat is sick 217555 Failed, depressed, and my cat is sick 217555 Failed, depressed, and my cat is sick 217555

You absolutely can do it, don't underestimate yourself Mel. Nothing wrong with a few steps forward and one step back - think of it as quality control - practice makes perfect after all.

Talk to your GP - referral for alcohol counseling and support may be helpful.
Back to top Go down
mandi5508
Part of the furniture
mandi5508

Female
Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2011-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Failed, depressed, and my cat is sick   Failed, depressed, and my cat is sick EmptyMon 27 Feb 2012, 5:49 am

Hi Mel,

Can't really add anything that hasn't already been said. Sending positve thoughts to you and your cat. Keep smiling.

Failed, depressed, and my cat is sick 217555 Failed, depressed, and my cat is sick 217555 Failed, depressed, and my cat is sick 217555 Failed, depressed, and my cat is sick 217555
Back to top Go down
Firie75
Part of the furniture
Firie75

Female
Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2011-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Failed, depressed, and my cat is sick   Failed, depressed, and my cat is sick EmptySun 26 Feb 2012, 6:46 am

One step at a time. Very wise words.

BIG HUGS to you Mel!. The fact that you have recognised that alcohol is a problem for you is one large part of the battle won. The next step is getting the right help and you know you can do it. AA and counselling have a lot of success, so maybe you could give them a shot. How sad that your friends were anything but friends. You must feel so wounded.

Don't be too hard on yourself. It was a crappy moment in life that you will move on from.

Failed, depressed, and my cat is sick 217555

Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female
Number of posts : 3826
Registration date : 2011-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Failed, depressed, and my cat is sick   Failed, depressed, and my cat is sick EmptySun 26 Feb 2012, 6:20 am

As I said in the beginning. I don't know ANY alcoholics who have managed to give up drinking without the help of Alcoholics Anonymous.

Yes, you are letting your family down. A drunk, crying woman is always a good sign that you are reaching rock bottom. Please get professional help. Cyber friends or no, the ONLY person who can make you stop drinking is YOU.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Failed, depressed, and my cat is sick   Failed, depressed, and my cat is sick EmptySun 26 Feb 2012, 5:46 am

I dont think you have let anyone down...not anyone of your cyber friends here...nor your kids or partner and the very least yourself...to not recognise that this has happened and to slip numbly back into the pattern of victim and alcohol would be letting yourself down.

betrayal is a wicked bitch and it slaps with a sting...you have been betrayed by people you cared about and trusted and it hurts... but you are strong and you will rise up over this and let it heal and you will be stronger... although my favourite saying is what doesnt kill you doesnt make you stronger, it just makes you bitter and twisted I have found in the past when I have been hurt by someone I loved that once I have fallen down I get back up and I never fall into the same trap again.

We never stop learning in life and sometimes its hard and painful and Im sorry these women were so cruel to you ...( you broke my heart when I read how you cried) but remember this...Karma finds you... and they are now on the list.

I do hope your cat pulls through... our pets can become like our family members ( the ones we like) so I will send good thoughts and warm hugs for its recovery.

Tomorrow is a new day, all clean and shiny new
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Failed, depressed, and my cat is sick   Failed, depressed, and my cat is sick EmptySun 26 Feb 2012, 4:58 am

Yeah, I agree. The only one you've let down is yourself, and today is a new day, as is tomorrow, and the one after. You can only keep trying, and reinforce the positives.

Sorry you had a bad time with your friends - that only makes it harder, doesn't it?

I hope you have a better day today, and a good day tomorrow.

Failed, depressed, and my cat is sick 217555
Back to top Go down
skinnygreyhound
Part of the furniture
skinnygreyhound

Female
Number of posts : 969
Registration date : 2011-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Failed, depressed, and my cat is sick   Failed, depressed, and my cat is sick EmptySun 26 Feb 2012, 3:33 am

Hi Mel I too was saddened that you've had such a crap few days At least you have realized now what these friends did not add to your life, and you are making positive steps forward to gaining a healthy life without alcohol.
I agree wholeheartedly with GlenMaree- one step at a time, and go easy on yourself. You sound like you've come a long way already You can't let the forum people down because they already care about you as you are- not who you hope to be.
Wishing you much love and praying that you and the kitty pull through the turmoil of the last few days xxxxx
Back to top Go down
glenmaree
Part of the furniture
glenmaree

Female
Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2011-05-22

PostSubject: stop beating yourself up   Failed, depressed, and my cat is sick EmptySun 26 Feb 2012, 2:59 am

Hi Mel

I am so sorry to read your post - please don't be too hard on yourself. Part of the 12 step program is to take it one step at a time - don't look back at what happened - rather focus on making today an alcohol free day and when you go to bed tonight focus on making tomorrow an alcohol free day - day by day is the only way to manage addicition to anything. You have not let anyone down especially anyone from this forum - we of all people know what it is like to deal with addiction even if it is to food, even if we want to disquise it by calling it over eating or comfort eating it is still addiction.

Will have my fingers crossed for your ca - sounds positive.

Just remember in all of this to forgive yourself

G
Back to top Go down
Melinda38
Part of the furniture
Melinda38

Female
Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2011-09-26

PostSubject: Failed, depressed, and my cat is sick   Failed, depressed, and my cat is sick EmptySun 26 Feb 2012, 2:48 am

Hey all.

Need to share. I failed my no drinking while away in Sydney test. Feel like Ive let myself down. To top it off like everyone predicted as soon as I got back home I brought a six pack bourbon. During my weekend away in Sydney I found out my 'friends' werent as friendly. Two of them who both declared had money problems spent the whole weekend chastising me for not bringing more money along. Our other friend is a single mum without any education and no job. Im up to my eyeballs in debt. They both know this. One of them who's (is that a word?) husband got a $80K in bonus on top of his $150K job each year. She told me at 3 times how much her brand new tarago cost. She later FB me and said that mine and Shayne's money issues were like a grey elephant in the room! WTF? Wouldnt have thought she'd be like that. The 2nd woman I realise is just a bully. Sat in darling harbour last saturday night bawling like a baby!Failed, depressed, and my cat is sick 68366 First time since I met time since I met Todd I felt like doing something 'rash'

To top it off we looked after another friends dog while she came with me. My cat despite having dogs took a disliking to it. He hid in the bedroom for days. Didnt eat drink or wee. Turns out it was a catalyst for FLUTD feline lower urinary tract disorder. On Thursday the vet told he has about 25% chance of surviving. This was later increased to 45%. We took him home yesturday (couldnt afford a 24hr vet carer). On Monday he'll go back to the vet to see if they will put him down. Sparkey was the first thing I brought myself after leaving my ex for the third and final time. He is a ragdoll cross. The most gorgeous cat. The vet said he purred the whole time. Even when they put needles in him. Poor darling. Id hate for him to be in pain. Today we let him outside as he hates litter boxes and wasnt peeing properly. He did the best biggest pee ever (sorry if TMI)! So we are a little hopeful. If he survives he'll be on special food and tablets for ever. We told the vet we couldnt afford an animal that needed constant vet care. So they sent him home on the minimalist medicines/food as possible.

With all this emotion my head is not in a good space. Obviously alcohol plays apart with that too. I know I can continue not drinking just feel ashamed. I let myself down, my kids, and all of you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Failed, depressed, and my cat is sick   Failed, depressed, and my cat is sick Empty

Back to top Go down

Failed, depressed, and my cat is sick
Page 1 of 1