WondaWendy
Top Poster
Top Poster
WondaWendy

Female
Number of posts : 1258
Registration date : 2014-04-08

Newbie from Sydney - band failed so sleeve will be next Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Sydney - band failed so sleeve will be next   Newbie from Sydney - band failed so sleeve will be next EmptyWed 17 Dec 2014, 8:39 am

Sorry to contradict you Sadie, but super is SUPPOSED to only take that long but it can be notoriously longer - some have had the process strung out for many more weeks.  I know of at least one person on here who had to postpone their surgery as their super application hadn't been processed in time.

Just get it in with plenty of time to spare and ensure that every detailed asked for is included, you dot all your i's and cross your t's and also make sure that the "life threatening condition" box is ticked by all doctors filling it out as, as far as I know, it won't be even considered if that is not done.

Best wishes,
Back to top Go down
Sadie

Female
Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2014-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Sydney - band failed so sleeve will be next   Newbie from Sydney - band failed so sleeve will be next EmptyWed 17 Dec 2014, 8:14 am

Hi Suzijj
I have just applied for super to pay for my surgery.  There is quite a bit of paperwork to organise but should only take just over 2 weeks to get an answer once all your paperwork has been submitted.  You apply through Department of Human Services.  Once you receive a letter from them with approval-you fill in another application form and send them to your superfund who will release your money.  Good luck
Back to top Go down
suzijj

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2014-11-30

PostSubject: Newbie from Sydney - band failed so sleeve will be next   Newbie from Sydney - band failed so sleeve will be next EmptyThu 04 Dec 2014, 5:12 am

Hi everyone, I am new to the group but have been reading for some time.  

Well today I finally went back to my surgeon in Sydney who performed lap band 4 years ago - unfortunately it didn't work for me as I had a huge infection in the bellie-button area 5 weeks in hospital and pneumonia.  So thought it time to consider the sleeve and I am pleased to say that after my appointment today I will be going ahead early next year - this time I am accessing my super, so no doubt that will take some time to access - any feedback on super would be great too.

Has anyone else had lap band removed and then sleeve op? Curious to know how you went.  Great site - pleased to know it is somewhere that we can come and say what is on our mind.

Cheers, s
Newbie from Sydney - band failed so sleeve will be next 595690
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Sydney - band failed so sleeve will be next   Newbie from Sydney - band failed so sleeve will be next Empty

Back to top Go down

Newbie from Sydney - band failed so sleeve will be next
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: