5 posters
AuthorMessage
StacyE
StacyE

Female
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2010-05-04

I'm new and very nervous Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm new and very nervous   I'm new and very nervous EmptyTue 11 May 2010, 5:52 am

Hi all,
thanks for the encouragement. Had my endoscopy yesterday and the report was very short so am assuming nothing prohibitive there. Now I need to see the surgeon so that he can give me a date. Can't come soon enough.
This site is fanatastic for information and reassurance.
Thanks for including me.
regards,
Stacy
I'm new and very nervous 217555
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: I'm new and very nervous   I'm new and very nervous EmptyThu 06 May 2010, 10:34 am

Hi Stacy,

I am nearly 9 months so an old hand at this LOL
Being nervous is normal, as I always say if you weren't nervous you wouldn't have a pulse.

Having said that I am so glad that I did this, best thing that I have done for myself ever !
Life is good Love my sleeve.

Hugs Gail
Back to top Go down
Clarity
Clarity

Female
Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2010-03-18

PostSubject: Re: I'm new and very nervous   I'm new and very nervous EmptyThu 06 May 2010, 9:13 am

Hi Stacey - welcome!

I was sleeved just over 2 weeks ago now and when I went to see the dietician yesterday, she could not believe how well I looked! I am the same - keep waiting for the pain or trouble to hit but it just hasn't!

The waiting, for me, WAS the hardest part but now I'm on my way to a better me and a brighter future - all the very best with your own journey!

As to your question about co-workers, I told a few close friends in the workplace pre-op but think I might just spill the entire story when I head back to work the week after next - I have been so surprised at the wonderful support I've received on the whole.

Clare xxx
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/clarevf
sssss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2844
Registration date : 2010-03-12

PostSubject: Re: I'm new and very nervous   I'm new and very nervous EmptyWed 05 May 2010, 12:26 am

Hi Stacy and welcome

As Carrie said, have a look around the site....read through the threads in the general chat section, read through our diaries and also the pre-op and post-op topics. Another good place to read is the Sleevers Monthly thread...you'll find sections there where people who are sleeved in the same month talk through the process together...You'll see that many of the questions you have are raised and discussed...and then don't hesitate to ask questions.

The people of the site are really helpful.

cheers

S
Back to top Go down
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female
Number of posts : 2601
Registration date : 2009-09-17

PostSubject: Re: I'm new and very nervous   I'm new and very nervous EmptyTue 04 May 2010, 8:48 am

Hi Stacy and Welcome,

Congratulations on your decision to have the sleeve op. I was like you, once I found out about the sleeve, I wanted it yesterday.

Have a read about the site (now that you've joined you'll find you can access a lot more areas) and you should be able to find threads that answer most questions that you have. If you can't find answers, just ask, there's sure to be someone who can help you out.

Cheers - Carrie
Back to top Go down
StacyE
StacyE

Female
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: I'm new and very nervous   I'm new and very nervous EmptyTue 04 May 2010, 8:41 am

I'm in the process of finding out if my surgeon will do the Gastric Sleeve surgery for me. I have had the first appointment with the dietitian and seen the Bariatric assessor (who has agreed the surgery can help). Next is the endoscopy and follow-up appointment with the dietitian.

From what I have read on this forum and the internet I would have my surgery tomorrow. The waiting is making me nervous.

Anybody got any negative feedback that I should know about. Surely it can't be that easy - 3 days in hospital and return to normal life?

I'm not telling the people I work with that I'm going to do this. How does everyone else feel about telling acquaintances about having surgery to lose weight?

I look forward to hearing everyone else's thought. Thanks,
Stacy I'm new and very nervous 618285
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm new and very nervous   I'm new and very nervous Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm new and very nervous
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: