alpha111
8 posters
AuthorMessage
alpha111

Male
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-04-06

I hate food now , after my Gastric Sleeve :/ Empty
PostSubject: Re: I hate food now , after my Gastric Sleeve :/   I hate food now , after my Gastric Sleeve :/ EmptyThu 03 Jun 2010, 11:24 am

applesauce wrote:
One of the main reasons we are the size we are and required surgery is our addictive personalities. We get something stuck in our minds and like a terrior with a bone wont let it go. Gettting fixated about what food you will or will not eat or how much you will or will not eat is something that can happen after surgery. We should draw attention to this more often. You MUST move forward in a consistant basis as in add one new food to your plate every day until you have at least 3 types of food on your plate every meal. If you feel you can NOT do this in a consistant manner you need to seek professional help from a phyiciatric proffesional. Yes losing weight is VERY addictive seeing results is VFERY addictive so continuing to do what you do to get THOSE addictive results is VERY hard to break. The key to this is consistancy, every single day. It is no good saying well I ate a slice of bread this week, or a lamp chop a week a go. This is a EVERY day EVERY meal commitment on a consistant basis day in day out until you are doing it on auto pilot.

applesauce

You are so right ,, i do have an addictive personality ,,, i found my self indulging in other activities that i sink my self into my addictive personality ( sex , alcohol )
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: I hate food now , after my Gastric Sleeve :/   I hate food now , after my Gastric Sleeve :/ EmptyMon 31 May 2010, 4:54 am

One of the main reasons we are the size we are and required surgery is our addictive personalities. We get something stuck in our minds and like a terrior with a bone wont let it go. Gettting fixated about what food you will or will not eat or how much you will or will not eat is something that can happen after surgery. We should draw attention to this more often. You MUST move forward in a consistant basis as in add one new food to your plate every day until you have at least 3 types of food on your plate every meal. If you feel you can NOT do this in a consistant manner you need to seek professional help from a phyiciatric proffesional. Yes losing weight is VERY addictive seeing results is VFERY addictive so continuing to do what you do to get THOSE addictive results is VERY hard to break. The key to this is consistancy, every single day. It is no good saying well I ate a slice of bread this week, or a lamp chop a week a go. This is a EVERY day EVERY meal commitment on a consistant basis day in day out until you are doing it on auto pilot.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
Kyles
Part of the furniture
Kyles

Female
Number of posts : 932
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: I hate food now , after my Gastric Sleeve :/   I hate food now , after my Gastric Sleeve :/ EmptyMon 31 May 2010, 4:24 am

I think to a certain degree I now see food as fuel instead of enjoying food like I used to ....BUT on the otherhand I see it as more important to make good choices when I do eat :)

My hubby asks me the same thing...what do you want and I usually dont know the answer but sometimes I know exactly what I want to eat and that's all I want??

Its a bizarre feeling as we pretty much all used to eat and eat and eat..now food is not as important as it was pre op??? not sure I am explaining it well...lol
Back to top Go down
Countrygirl
Part of the furniture
Countrygirl

Female
Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2008-12-09

PostSubject: Re: I hate food now , after my Gastric Sleeve :/   I hate food now , after my Gastric Sleeve :/ EmptyMon 31 May 2010, 3:03 am

Cut out the coffee. Coffee can suppress your appetite and also cause things to not taste normal. Try it and see. I may not be right but its worth a month to find out.
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female
Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: I hate food now , after my Gastric Sleeve :/   I hate food now , after my Gastric Sleeve :/ EmptyMon 31 May 2010, 2:59 am

Wendylee wrote:
I am a bit like alpha, I only eat cause I know I have to. Food means nothing to me ,hubby says what do you feel like eating and I answer anything as food is food.
I also have no smell or taste have been like that for 10 yrs but since I have had the sleeve all food just seems like cr*p.

I am 13 months out and only just getting my taste for food back. Since I can eat so little I really appreciate a good meal. But there was times where I was using a coffee to get me through, I just felt I didn't need food and what was the point when I could only eat a few sppons or bites. It will get better, I promise!
Back to top Go down
Wendylee
Wendylee

Female
Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2009-09-21

PostSubject: Re: I hate food now , after my Gastric Sleeve :/   I hate food now , after my Gastric Sleeve :/ EmptyMon 31 May 2010, 2:31 am

I am a bit like alpha, I only eat cause I know I have to. Food means nothing to me ,hubby says what do you feel like eating and I answer anything as food is food.
I also have no smell or taste have been like that for 10 yrs but since I have had the sleeve all food just seems like cr*p.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: I hate food now , after my Gastric Sleeve :/   I hate food now , after my Gastric Sleeve :/ EmptyMon 31 May 2010, 1:07 am

I find that I am not hungry and don't know what to eat..... but want something tasty......
Have you spoken to your surgeon/dietitian about your diet.... you will possibly need to correct it somehow otherwise you will end up being unwell..... let us know how you go....
Back to top Go down
alpha111

Male
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-04-06

PostSubject: I hate food now , after my Gastric Sleeve :/   I hate food now , after my Gastric Sleeve :/ EmptySun 30 May 2010, 7:21 pm

is it normal to lose all appetite after the surgery ,, i only want to drink fresh fruit juice , and coffee and water , and i do eat fresh fruits as well ,, but when it comes to real food , i just can't .. Now don't get me wrong , i love being thin :) ( was 133 Kg , now i'am 77 Kg ... in 5 months ...)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I hate food now , after my Gastric Sleeve :/   I hate food now , after my Gastric Sleeve :/ Empty

Back to top Go down

I hate food now , after my Gastric Sleeve :/
Page 1 of 1