10 posters
AuthorMessage
PhatAs
PhatAs

Female
Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2013-05-20

I hate my sleeve Empty
PostSubject: Re: I hate my sleeve   I hate my sleeve EmptySat 25 May 2013, 7:50 am

I haven't had the op yet but I suspect I will be feeling the same way due to my fcked up relationship with food. If you stop to think about it for a moment though and reflect back over your life and the misery that led you to have the surgery in the first place you will quickly realise that food was a bastard of a 'friend' - only ever gave 'comfort' for fleeting moments and over the long term was no real 'consolation' at all. It gave you a hug for a second or two then slapped you in the face for years - thats a crap deal and you deserve better. What you're experiencing is partly withdrawl from your drug of choice (food!) and partly the teething pains of adapting to a whole new way of dealing with your feelings. You can't expect the transition to 'normal' to be without its dramas. Trust in your reasons for having done it in the first place, I bet it wasn't a 'rash' decision so have faith in yourSELF.
Back to top Go down
sara777
Part of the furniture
sara777

Female
Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2013-01-21

I hate my sleeve Empty
PostSubject: Re: I hate my sleeve   I hate my sleeve EmptyWed 20 Mar 2013, 10:08 pm

sarahbunny21 wrote:
I hate it. I regret it. I wish I never did this stupid thing. I can't stop thinking about food. I'm so angry at myself.. I never knew how much I relied on on food/drinks to keep me sane in life. Yes I'm only 3 weeks post op..yes everyone tells me it will get better..but I'm getting more depressed day by day. I just want to eat something and make the pain go away. Life is torture for me. I can't go back.. I can't reverse this and I just want to be normal again.

To boot I haven't lost a single gram in 2 weeks. Yes again I know you stall early on but ffs. I should of just stayed on opti..and splurged on the weekend or something.

Hate my life. Dunno how much more I can take honestly.

Hi darling,

So so sorry you are sad.....possibly you should see someone.....????? I know I have issues with food and considered it at times my only friend....but darling we are all here for you......my doctor said don't even think about losing weight for 6 weeks whilst you are healing.....I am 1 day post op..... And of course have no idea how you must be feeling 3 weeks in......but just want you to know we are all here for you if you need a friend xxx love and kisses beautiful......maybe hubby is feeling worried because he is concerned he will lose you ....... Hugs baby sara777
Back to top Go down
chrissy1987
chrissy1987

Female
Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2012-07-29

I hate my sleeve Empty
PostSubject: Re: I hate my sleeve   I hate my sleeve EmptyWed 20 Mar 2013, 9:35 pm

I had posted up the exact same thing when i was at that stage. I remember that i got into an argument with hubby and found it really hard that i couldnt drown myself in kfc to fix it.

It will be tough for the first few months and you will struggle to identify different ways to cope with your emotions. but once your able to eat solids u will feel that you want for nothing. the battle between you and yourself is always the hardest part.
Back to top Go down
Chongololo
Part of the furniture
Chongololo

Female
Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2013-01-10

I hate my sleeve Empty
PostSubject: Re: I hate my sleeve   I hate my sleeve EmptyWed 20 Mar 2013, 12:11 pm

I am so sorry :( I am 2.5 weeks out, and had a moment of what you are going through when i had my first mushy meal of curried egg...

I was reassured that at this point we can eat quite a bit less than we will be able too when we are all healed up. I have been lucky, no nausea or pain and no problems with fluids - so I can see it as you will see it too in a few weeks when you have healed more. It is not as bad as I feared in that mushy meal moment. (this is freaking me out - I seem to be able to drink and eat so easily compared to others, even those weeks ahead of me... I definitely get very full quickly, though so I think it is ok)

take your measurements, as it is most likely they are going down even if the scales are being stubborn!

Arrange to speak to someone if you can :) you will feel ok with this - look at everyones diaries, they all love their sleeeve after 3-6 months.

keep on talking and be kind to yourself.
Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

I hate my sleeve Empty
PostSubject: Re: I hate my sleeve   I hate my sleeve EmptyWed 20 Mar 2013, 11:59 am

I had the exact same thoughts at that stage.

It honestly gets better as the days go by.

Chin up, it will be ok.

I hate my sleeve 217555
Back to top Go down
Keza

Female
Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2012-12-05

I hate my sleeve Empty
PostSubject: Re: I hate my sleeve   I hate my sleeve EmptyWed 20 Mar 2013, 9:48 am

Oh Sarah - please talk to your surgeon and ask for a referral to a clinician for some therapy through this stage.

This is a difficult phase, I am now almost ten weeks out and there have been days I have wanted to have a big stuff in of food, but now that the healing is getting there I can enjoy foods, really enjoy them without stuffing more in.

I really feel for you and know that this is a great place for support. Keep linking in and let us know how you are going.

I hate my sleeve 217555
Back to top Go down
Honeybmel
Honeybmel

Female
Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2013-01-23

I hate my sleeve Empty
PostSubject: Re: I hate my sleeve   I hate my sleeve EmptyTue 19 Mar 2013, 9:40 am

Sorry to hear you're feeling so bad Sarah but we are all here to listen.
I'm only a couple of days post op so I'm not sure if I can be of much help, perhaps some of the longer term sleevers will have some good advice.

The first 6 weeks are all about healing. So as Jessied suggested it would be worth talking to your surgeon and dietitian and telling them your hungry and see what they suggest. It can't hurt.

I hear you 100% about relying on food for comfort. My surgeon didn't recommend a psychologist visit but I've realised to be successful long term I'm going to need help to work out my issues with food. Have you considered getting some extra help to get you through this rough patch?

Rely on all of us here for support too.

I hate my sleeve 217555
Back to top Go down
sassyjane
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 557
Registration date : 2012-11-04

I hate my sleeve Empty
PostSubject: Re: I hate my sleeve   I hate my sleeve EmptyTue 19 Mar 2013, 9:30 am

Hi Sarah, you are only 3 weeks post op,give your self some time and remember why you had this procedure done,it will prolong your life and give you a good quality of life,staying overweight brings so many other medical conditions and problems and having the sleeve outweighs them by miles. Do you have a councellor or a professional who can help you over this hurdle ? your surgeon would be a good first base contact and he can put you in touch with some one who can help. This help will get you over grieving for food which is what you are suffering,it will get better and some need a little more help than others.You will be heathy soon and feel heaps better as it has only been 3 weeks,with help it will pass,have a chat with someone in the medical profession who deals with this type of thing,it will help you over your feelings immensley.

Take careI hate my sleeve 217555
Back to top Go down
jessied
Part of the furniture
jessied

Female
Number of posts : 324
Registration date : 2011-02-12

I hate my sleeve Empty
PostSubject: Re: I hate my sleeve   I hate my sleeve EmptyTue 19 Mar 2013, 9:22 am

Sending a big hug to you Sarah!!!
Post sleeve is a huge adjustment physically and emotionally. Especially when you are on a stall and don't even have the encouragement and excitement of a loss. Are you still taking something for the pain?
Maybe you could phone your surgeon or his nurse and speak to them.
It can take a while to get to the "I like my sleeve" stage...
Chin up, we are all here for you.
Please keep posting.
Jessied
I hate my sleeve 217555
Back to top Go down
jessied
Part of the furniture
jessied

Female
Number of posts : 324
Registration date : 2011-02-12

I hate my sleeve Empty
PostSubject: Re: I hate my sleeve   I hate my sleeve EmptyTue 19 Mar 2013, 9:21 am

Sending a big hug to you Sarah!!!
Post sleeve is a huge adjustment physically and emotionally. Especially when you are on a stall and don't even have the encouragement and excitement of a loss. Are you still taking something for the pain?
Maybe you could phone your surgeon or his nurse and speak to them.
It can take a while to get to the "I like my sleeve" stage...
Chin up, we are all here for you.
Please keep posting.
Jessied
I hate my sleeve 217555
Back to top Go down
sarahbunny21

Female
Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2012-02-13

I hate my sleeve Empty
PostSubject: I hate my sleeve   I hate my sleeve EmptyTue 19 Mar 2013, 8:45 am

I hate it. I regret it. I wish I never did this stupid thing. I can't stop thinking about food. I'm so angry at myself.. I never knew how much I relied on on food/drinks to keep me sane in life. Yes I'm only 3 weeks post op..yes everyone tells me it will get better..but I'm getting more depressed day by day. I just want to eat something and make the pain go away. Life is torture for me. I can't go back.. I can't reverse this and I just want to be normal again.

To boot I haven't lost a single gram in 2 weeks. Yes again I know you stall early on but ffs. I should of just stayed on opti..and splurged on the weekend or something.

Hate my life. Dunno how much more I can take honestly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I hate my sleeve Empty
PostSubject: Re: I hate my sleeve   I hate my sleeve Empty

Back to top Go down

I hate my sleeve
Page 1 of 1