AuthorMessage
SloJo
Part of the furniture
SloJo

Female
Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2011-05-23

I hate her! She's ugly anyway!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: I hate her! She's ugly anyway!    I hate her! She's ugly anyway!  EmptyMon 30 May 2011, 11:54 am

Hi Everyone,

I just re-read all this topic. I love the way the subject changes from one post to the next on this forum...by the way I am officially addicted to getting on here - goodbye facebook, email and anything else I used prior to finding this forum.

Just wanted to say that we all deal with our feelings in different ways. When I think negatively about someone else, it is generally a reflection of how I feel about myself at that point in time...so I guess I am guilty of this too. I got the impression that's basically what you were trying to say in your initial post Paity10?

Anyway off that topic kind of...I am far from a fashion diva - but I just wanted to say that I think sometimes people do go a bit overboard on the 'short and skimpy' in dresses and some other items of clothing. I was at an event last month and there was a couple of young girls who had the most sensational little bodies - one's very short dress kept riding up and you could actually see her bottom, the other had such a short dress you could nearly see the front view of her undies area (here's hoping she had some on-I didn't look too long). The dresses were very fashionable, but I wondered if they would have been a little bit embarassed if they had known we could see their 'bits' - or maybe that was their intention...

Like I say, fashionista I'm not and I guess I am just envious I can't wear those sort of clothes -with a couple of inches longer on hemline of course, or perhaps not, maybe I would let it all hang out too if I was hot and young!?!

I buy a lot of clothes from City Chic - Love Their Clothes!!! I have finally found a shop that has my size (and I'm even a medium there, not XL) and they are age-appropriate too.

I noticed that you are due to be sleeved on 2nd June Paity10 - good luck!!!!

Cheers
Back to top Go down
lilac
Part of the furniture
lilac

Female
Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2010-08-02

PostSubject: Re: I hate her! She's ugly anyway!    I hate her! She's ugly anyway!  EmptyMon 30 May 2011, 8:50 am

When I see a young girl wearing short shorts or skirt - I always say to myself "why would her mother allow her to wear that?". However when I recall my own early 20's, I also wore 'inappropriate' clothing! I never thought I wanted to look 'sexy' but just fashionable.

It's funny what goes through the minds of people hey? But I must admit I never think someone looks 'ugly'. I only say someone's 'ugly' who acts in a dispicable way (eg hurting children or animals).

However thanks for your honesty.
Back to top Go down
Paity10
Part of the furniture
Paity10

Female
Number of posts : 445
Registration date : 2011-03-14

PostSubject: Re: I hate her! She's ugly anyway!    I hate her! She's ugly anyway!  EmptySun 15 May 2011, 2:04 am

hahahahhahahahah thats funny gotta.. good on you!!! LOL I can see the grin on your face!!!!
Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female
Number of posts : 3826
Registration date : 2011-02-22

PostSubject: Re: I hate her! She's ugly anyway!    I hate her! She's ugly anyway!  EmptySun 15 May 2011, 12:20 am

I went out last night with a girlfriend, and apparently I made a woman jealous because her husband was talking to me!

Still got it!

*grins*
Back to top Go down
Tash
Top Poster
Top Poster
Tash

Female
Number of posts : 1492
Registration date : 2011-03-30

PostSubject: Re: I hate her! She's ugly anyway!    I hate her! She's ugly anyway!  EmptyThu 12 May 2011, 2:59 am

I only use makeup about 3 or 4 times a year when I am going out somewhere more special. Mostly at home with the family and shopping and don't really bother.
Maybe I will want to be more into my appearance once I have lost the weight and make more of an effort. I hope so.
With my hair I just brush it and forget it. But sometimes when going out I use a hair straightener. One of those scissor type things. I like the smoother straighter hair it gives me rather than the usual wavy hair that tends to frizz.
One of my friends bought me a voucher for a beautician for my 50th in April. I am planning to use it about a month after my sleeve as a treat. I have never in my life been to a beautician and are a bit nervous about going but I think I will feel better about it once I have lost some of my weight.
I have never been comfortable with the girly stuff like beauticians, make up every day etc.
Will see where the sleeve takes me soon. ???
Back to top Go down
Kati
Sponsor
Kati

Female
Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2010-11-03

PostSubject: Re: I hate her! She's ugly anyway!    I hate her! She's ugly anyway!  EmptyWed 11 May 2011, 2:41 pm

Wow!

I. Want. One.
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: I hate her! She's ugly anyway!    I hate her! She's ugly anyway!  EmptyWed 11 May 2011, 2:17 am

I got mine at the Shaver Shop - they are a chain of stores.

Definitely great - you'll need clips to section your hair off while using also.
Back to top Go down
Paity10
Part of the furniture
Paity10

Female

PostSubject: Re: I hate her! She's ugly anyway!    I hate her! She's ugly anyway!  EmptyWed 11 May 2011, 2:15 am

I've seen them advertised on TV and thought they would be just another money maker. Ok so it really works??? I will take your word on it. My hair drives me nuts, i've thought about getting it cut short after surgery as short hair doesn't suit my round face. BUT my hair is curly, fluffy and thick and it drives me insane and I always want to wear it blow-dryed and straight!!! Will look around for one this weekend. :)

Thanks for the link :)
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: I hate her! She's ugly anyway!    I hate her! She's ugly anyway!  EmptyWed 11 May 2011, 2:09 am

I just bought a magic hair styler that I would thoroughly recommend to anyone.

http://www.vssassoon.com.au/products/stylers/VS2775A.aspx

I got it for about $79 - cheaper than stated there.

It rotates and really styles your hair just like a hairdresser. I've been getting more compliments on my hair this week than I've had for ages!!! Takes less time to do also.

My hair is straight, but for those with straight-envy, I think this would do the job for you.

(Perhaps I should ask for commission?)
Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female

PostSubject: Re: I hate her! She's ugly anyway!    I hate her! She's ugly anyway!  EmptyMon 09 May 2011, 10:43 pm

WEIRD more like it! Every day, a different colour! Green, grey, blue...

Apparently when I'm angry they go REALLY dark! Maybe I'm a cat?
Back to top Go down
Kati
Sponsor
Kati

Female

PostSubject: Re: I hate her! She's ugly anyway!    I hate her! She's ugly anyway!  EmptyMon 09 May 2011, 9:37 am

Sounds very stylish!
And you are lucky to have such interesting eyes - they sound like my husbands, they change with the weather!
Mine only go red, ha.
Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female

PostSubject: Re: I hate her! She's ugly anyway!    I hate her! She's ugly anyway!  EmptyMon 09 May 2011, 7:57 am

Awww! That's my pleasure Paity! *hugs*

I am enjoying my skinny legs at the moment. I get a lot of comments about them. The outfit I have on today is a charcoal neru style overshirt, black skinny leg jeans, and boots tucked in to the pants. I am wearing all silver jewelry. I feel really 'Rock and Roll' in this outfit! My eyes go green when I wear charcoal.

Getting into size 12s mostly now, or mediums!
Back to top Go down
Paity10
Part of the furniture
Paity10

Female

PostSubject: Re: I hate her! She's ugly anyway!    I hate her! She's ugly anyway!  EmptyMon 09 May 2011, 4:51 am

Well after receiving a lovely message from Gotta, my spirits have been lifted again.. ha ha :)

Well, i always dress for my size, but I never wear makeup, mainly because i'm running around after the kids, and i've sweated it all off.... However, i'm looking at changing this after the surgery. I want to start taking care of myself... Too long it's been taking care of others!!!!!

ZOE, i can't wait to have fun with my bod!!!!!
Back to top Go down
shelly25
Top Poster
Top Poster
shelly25

Female
Number of posts : 1776
Registration date : 2009-11-21

PostSubject: Re: I hate her! She's ugly anyway!    I hate her! She's ugly anyway!  EmptySun 08 May 2011, 7:37 am

Kati wrote:

And Shelly, I just got some mineral makeup too - been using it a week now and I find it easy peasy to apply, and looks pretty darn good. Makes my skin look nice and even with just a couple of brush-fulls. I really like it!

yep my kinda makeup!! lol nice n easy to handle!!
I hate her! She's ugly anyway!  65317 I hate her! She's ugly anyway!  992395
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I hate her! She's ugly anyway!    I hate her! She's ugly anyway!  EmptySun 08 May 2011, 5:15 am

I am definitely one of those who is having tremendous fun with the new bod.

Zoe

Last edited by zoemyers on Mon 09 May 2011, 6:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kati
Sponsor
Kati

Female

PostSubject: Re: I hate her! She's ugly anyway!    I hate her! She's ugly anyway!  EmptySun 08 May 2011, 3:44 am

Why thank you Fraggle, this sounds very appropriate for me!
Want to loose more weight first... and get some proper underwear too... "foundation garments" I think they used to be called.

And Shelly, I just got some mineral makeup too - been using it a week now and I find it easy peasy to apply, and looks pretty darn good. Makes my skin look nice and even with just a couple of brush-fulls. I really like it!
Back to top Go down
Fraggle
Fraggle

Female
Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2011-02-24

PostSubject: Re: I hate her! She's ugly anyway!    I hate her! She's ugly anyway!  EmptySun 08 May 2011, 2:42 am

I know it might seem a little expensive or daunting, but if you're near a Westfield book in for a session with one of their stylists. For a couple of hundred bucks they will do a body shape, work out what colours suit you best and take you shopping for a couple of hours to show you what will and won't work for your body shape. They take into account your lifestyle and budget too, so they're not going to be taking you to Louis Vuitton if you can only afford Target. They can also give you ideas as to how to wear piecces that you buy/try on/already own in other ways to create a versatile wardrobe that suits your needs.

(And no, I don't work for them LOL)
Back to top Go down
shelly25
Top Poster
Top Poster
shelly25

Female

PostSubject: Re: I hate her! She's ugly anyway!    I hate her! She's ugly anyway!  EmptySun 08 May 2011, 2:32 am

for many who have lost a lot of weight they are experiencing a new body shape,maybe for the first time, or in a in a long time, feel lost with where to start. Having more of a choice in styles,and shops, is fun and exciting but also daunting!!

I find now im much more enthusiastic about getting dressed for the day! Then i do feel like having a nice hair style and ive even brought some natio mineral makeup, ive never worn makeup before!!

love my sleeve,starting to love my body, LOVE shopping!!!!!!!!!!!!!
shelly
Back to top Go down
Kati
Sponsor
Kati

Female

PostSubject: Re: I hate her! She's ugly anyway!    I hate her! She's ugly anyway!  EmptySat 07 May 2011, 3:34 pm

Trinny and Susannah are terrific entertainment but admit I find the book really quite confusing. [I'm a skittle..or a bell, no an apple.... oh sod it!]

Although it is fun to try out new things, beyond a certain point I really don't want to fuss over my appearance that much - there are more pressing matters at hand, and not enough hours in the day...and if my clothes or hair look tired, well that is probably because I am tired too.
Snore.
Back to top Go down
shelly25
Top Poster
Top Poster
shelly25

Female

PostSubject: Re: I hate her! She's ugly anyway!    I hate her! She's ugly anyway!  EmptySat 07 May 2011, 11:44 am

aawwwwhhh thanks!!
I hate her! She's ugly anyway!  728162
Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female

PostSubject: Re: I hate her! She's ugly anyway!    I hate her! She's ugly anyway!  EmptySat 07 May 2011, 9:26 am

You look great Shelley.

That punk rock style looks hot on you!
Back to top Go down
shelly25
Top Poster
Top Poster
shelly25

Female

PostSubject: Re: I hate her! She's ugly anyway!    I hate her! She's ugly anyway!  EmptySat 07 May 2011, 8:52 am

I think it depends how its styled,i have my hair cut off now and have lots of compliments,but my hubby prefers long (to bad so sad)
my problem was not being able to style it,the day the hairdresser would do it ,it looked great but once i tried,no go!! thats just me!
couldnt use a hairstraightener if my life depended on it!!!

now i wake up, rough it up and go.

with clothes even when i was at 126kg i still got compliments on my clothes,at the moment im loving long black boots with black skirt and tights and a nice fitted top and you cant go wrong with a nice pair of jeans (love dark blue )fitted for your body shape,for me i buy a wide leg jean,its wider at the bottom,to balance out my bigger hips (im an hourglass shape)

and then i can put heaps of different tops with it, ,with a plain colour top i'll add a nice necklace or scarf, also little cardies are good to dress things up.

trinny and suzanna have a book about body shapes and how to dress,its a really good guide if your not sure how to dress for your shape,check out your library for a copy.

shelly
Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female

PostSubject: Re: I hate her! She's ugly anyway!    I hate her! She's ugly anyway!  EmptyFri 06 May 2011, 8:08 am

Not EVERYONE with long hair looks older! But I have seen some tragics!

I just chopped all my long hair off, and I have been getting so many compliments about how I look younger...but I have a lot of curls.
Back to top Go down
Andrea11
Part of the furniture
Andrea11

Female
Number of posts : 325
Registration date : 2010-12-02

PostSubject: Re: I hate her! She's ugly anyway!    I hate her! She's ugly anyway!  EmptyFri 06 May 2011, 5:36 am

Well I'm just lucky to still have hair at the rate it's falling out..........LOL

Andrea
Back to top Go down
Bamba
Part of the furniture
Bamba

Female
Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2010-10-11

PostSubject: Re: I hate her! She's ugly anyway!    I hate her! She's ugly anyway!  EmptyFri 06 May 2011, 4:11 am

I don't agree either .. sorry .. With my long hair, I get told I look like I am in my 20's (I'm 37) I know if I cut my hair short, I would look a lot older!
I know people my age and have a short hair cut and they look like they are in their 40's even early 50's...
I guess it depends on the cut and how you wear it. Everybody is different and different hair styles suit different people.
Back to top Go down
http://realghoststories.com.au
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I hate her! She's ugly anyway!    I hate her! She's ugly anyway!  Empty

Back to top Go down

I hate her! She's ugly anyway!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next