AuthorMessage
darkstar
Part of the furniture
darkstar

Female
Number of posts : 1144
Registration date : 2010-01-11

Newbie but have been lurking.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie but have been lurking....   Newbie but have been lurking.... EmptyTue 20 Apr 2010, 2:00 pm

Yeah. Treat 'em mean, keep 'em keen.
Back to top Go down
tarnz
Part of the furniture
tarnz

Female
Number of posts : 372
Registration date : 2009-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Newbie but have been lurking....   Newbie but have been lurking.... EmptyTue 20 Apr 2010, 12:39 pm

ahhh thats what I havent been doing right ... first thing tomorrow those damn scales are flying accross my room Newbie but have been lurking.... 314562
Back to top Go down
Kaz23

Female
Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2009-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Newbie but have been lurking....   Newbie but have been lurking.... EmptyTue 20 Apr 2010, 12:37 pm

Quote :
The way to get it moving again is to swear really loudly and throw things while in the same room as the scales. They generally get terrified and the next day you should have a loss.

LOL Done that plenty of times already.

I just laughed out loud at your post and my kids want to know what's so funny...:D
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Newbie but have been lurking....   Newbie but have been lurking.... EmptyTue 20 Apr 2010, 1:34 am

I also have it on good authority that threatening to exile them to the garage or the back of the wardrobe works a treat!
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Newbie but have been lurking....   Newbie but have been lurking.... EmptyTue 20 Apr 2010, 1:13 am

Hi Kaz and welcome,
You know it's funny I felt like someone was watching me LOL

Congratulations on the weight loss and don't panic about stopping for a bit, it happens. The way to get it moving again is to swear really loudly and throw things while in the same room as the scales. They generally get terrified and the next day you should have a loss.

Sorry only joking.
Hugs Gail
Back to top Go down
Sharon66
Part of the furniture
Sharon66

Female
Number of posts : 715
Registration date : 2009-10-16

PostSubject: Re: Newbie but have been lurking....   Newbie but have been lurking.... EmptyTue 20 Apr 2010, 12:04 am

Hi Kaz,

Congratulations on your amazing 15kg loss in only 2 weeks out !!!

Newbie but have been lurking.... 749870 Newbie but have been lurking.... 749870 Newbie but have been lurking.... 749870

I want what your having.

Well done,
Sharon.
Back to top Go down
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female
Number of posts : 2601
Registration date : 2009-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Newbie but have been lurking....   Newbie but have been lurking.... EmptyMon 19 Apr 2010, 11:46 pm

Hi and Welcome Kaz,

You do sound like you're doing well. Don't worry too much about the little pause in your loss, it seems that a lot of us experience that at around the 3 - 4 week mark, and 15kg post op is GREAT. Just keep doing the right thing and it will start moving again soon.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you better too :-)

Cheers - Carrie
Back to top Go down
Kaz23

Female

PostSubject: Re: Newbie but have been lurking....   Newbie but have been lurking.... EmptyMon 19 Apr 2010, 2:30 pm

Doh...double post!!
Back to top Go down
Kaz23

Female

PostSubject: Re: Newbie but have been lurking....   Newbie but have been lurking.... EmptyMon 19 Apr 2010, 2:19 pm

Thanks for the welcome. :D

I think I had a lot of fluid which contributed to my large loss in the first two weeks. I just hope my body doesn't take too much time to get used to it.
Back to top Go down
Libby
Top Poster
Top Poster
Libby

Female
Number of posts : 1975
Registration date : 2009-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Newbie but have been lurking....   Newbie but have been lurking.... EmptyMon 19 Apr 2010, 9:45 am

Hi Kaz,

Good to know your not lurking anymore and have come out of hiding Newbie but have been lurking.... 314562

Good to hear all is going well.

Newbie but have been lurking.... 217555
Back to top Go down
darkstar
Part of the furniture
darkstar

Female
Number of posts : 1144
Registration date : 2010-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Newbie but have been lurking....   Newbie but have been lurking.... EmptyMon 19 Apr 2010, 9:42 am

Kaz23 wrote:
... I did lose 15 kilos in the 2 weeks after surgery so I'm hoping my body is just taking it's time to get used to that loss.

Hell's teeth! I reckon it is! That's an outstanding loss.

Oh... and Hi Kaz!

Dark
Back to top Go down
Peazles
Part of the furniture
Peazles

Female
Number of posts : 1011
Registration date : 2010-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Newbie but have been lurking....   Newbie but have been lurking.... EmptyMon 19 Apr 2010, 9:28 am

15 kg in two weeks! Newbie but have been lurking.... 878453

Welcome to the forum, sounds like you're going great guns and healing well!
Back to top Go down
Kaz23

Female

PostSubject: Newbie but have been lurking....   Newbie but have been lurking.... EmptyMon 19 Apr 2010, 9:18 am

Hi there..

I'm Kaz. I was sleeved on 22nd March by Dr Padovan at the Mount Hospital in Perth. I registered on this site a while ago but have been mostly lurking and learning a lot from you wise people.

I already know a couple of you from EB. :D

I'm on the mushie stage and everything is going well with that. I have no issues unless I eat too much and then I get pain. My weight has seemed to plateau at the moment and I find that frustrating and depressing. One day the scale will decrease by 1 kilo and the next day it's back up 1 kilo again. I did lose 15 kilos in the 2 weeks after surgery so I'm hoping my body is just taking it's time to get used to that loss.

If anyone is reading this, then thank you and I hope to get to know some of you better. :D

Kaz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie but have been lurking....   Newbie but have been lurking.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Newbie but have been lurking....
Page 1 of 1