AuthorMessage
miss
Part of the furniture
miss

Female
Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2009-12-16

MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH Empty
PostSubject: Re: MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH   MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH EmptyFri 28 May 2010, 3:30 am

I found it!!! It was because they hide it after 4 weeks to see how you go at measuring the food yourself.. That explains the measuring question I had.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=708312072
Countrygirl
Part of the furniture
Countrygirl

Female
Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2008-12-09

PostSubject: Re: MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH   MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH EmptyFri 28 May 2010, 3:21 am

When you log in you go the the Today page which has a record, check-in, learn and mingle headings. Under Record got to Record your food.
Back to top Go down
miss
Part of the furniture
miss

Female

PostSubject: Re: MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH   MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH EmptyFri 28 May 2010, 3:04 am

I joined a while ago Countrygirl, cant seem to find the food diary where you enter your meals?

I spoke to the surgeons office and its helped alot just talking to her.

Does this mean you need to measure everything you eat and how much of a serving you ate?

I have this great cook book, its called fat controller and I picked it up from QBD for $7. 99 and it gives you everything that you need to know about the nutrition per serve. There is 240 recipes to help control the diet.
Back to top Go down
Countrygirl
Part of the furniture
Countrygirl

Female
Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2008-12-09

PostSubject: Re: MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH   MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH EmptyFri 28 May 2010, 2:25 am

Miss you need to drink water. Up to 2 litres. As much as you can manage but you can drink too much which is why I said up to 2 litres. Do not worry about your weight. It will come off when it wants too. That is something I have learnt. You just need to make sure you are getting enough food to get your vitamins in and enough water so you are not dehydrated. At this stage you are still healing. Perhaps have 6 small meals per day but start with a small drink of water first as this will go through easier and remind you to drink. Do not drink within 30minutes of eating.

As you tummy heals you will be able to fit more food in. As I said before, please don't worry about what the scales say, we are all different and your body may just want to hold on a little longer before it drops. Can you put your food into www.calorieking.com.au and see how many calories you are consuming and post it so we can have an idea?
Back to top Go down
nimue
Part of the furniture
nimue

Female
Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2009-10-13

PostSubject: Re: MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH   MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH EmptyThu 27 May 2010, 12:11 pm

missy have you checked the post-op page "sticky mushy recipes"
Back to top Go down
miss
Part of the furniture
miss

Female

PostSubject: Re: MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH   MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH EmptyThu 27 May 2010, 11:43 am

A question for those post sleevers,

Currently I am on week 6 post surgery, I am up to mushy foods. I do not know what I can eat that will not put any weight on me, do i drink water??? Suppose I could, but can you over drink too much water? Ever since I started eating mushy, I feel that I can eat more and I am not loosing any weight. If I start not eating, the I get the hunger pangs! Straight after the operation, I got the pangs a lot but I was able to fight them off. Would you be able to help me as you have been thru all this? Tell me what to expect
Back to top Go down
miss
Part of the furniture
miss

Female

PostSubject: Re: MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH   MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH EmptyWed 12 May 2010, 11:07 am

Yea ok Linda, PM me your address please. Also, instead of using weights, if it's just easier you could use cans as the weights!
Back to top Go down
lindabinda
Top Poster
Top Poster
lindabinda

Female
Number of posts : 1884
Registration date : 2009-07-31

PostSubject: Re: MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH   MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH EmptyWed 12 May 2010, 9:24 am

Hey Miss I would love to hear/ see your plan, thanks for offerring :) I can pm my email if that is the easiest way.
Linda :)
Back to top Go down
miss
Part of the furniture
miss

Female

PostSubject: Re: MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH   MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH EmptyWed 12 May 2010, 3:50 am

Ok, I have done alot of research, and prior to my surgery, laid off from going to the gym and doing aerobic classes, and cycle classes that went for 45min, body pump classes (that I could hardly do but I would find different ways to strengthen muscles) and general PT sessions that I would pay a trainer to show me a few exercises for my needs ect. I have just worked out my own gym program that I think would work well for any one who is keen to give it a go. PM me or reply to this message if you would like a copy. But please get the ok from your surgeon before you attempt any of the exercises.
Back to top Go down
shelly25
Top Poster
Top Poster
shelly25

Female
Number of posts : 1776
Registration date : 2009-11-21

PostSubject: Re: MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH   MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH EmptyTue 11 May 2010, 11:33 am

i was a big coke zero drinker before my op,now i drink water,diet cordial,lemon tea, and coffee
probably to much coffee!!
i have had a tiny bit of soft drink but found it to gassy and uncomfortable so it hasn't worried me not having it.
i was drinking the vitamin water drinks for abit of variety but they have to many
kj's in them so i have cut down on them too.
Back to top Go down
miss
Part of the furniture
miss

Female

PostSubject: Re: MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH   MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH EmptyTue 11 May 2010, 9:10 am

kmsbj, today I went to see my surgeon. And I confessed to him. He seemed to understand this desire I had but he doesnt really want me to fall back into my old habits. He told me just to lay off all the fizzy carbonated soft drinks. Maybe in 6 months I might be able to have 1 cup of say 7 up, but not so soon after the surgery as especially coke, diet coke, coke zero ect. have sugar or the substitute and it would send those desires to have a soft drink again... So unfortunately, I shouldn't have fizzy or sport drinks, I just need to be happy with water, or cordial, I do have 'golden circle' red cordial which is going to have to do me! He was glad to see me doing well, but he did say that I need to change my diet a little, so I need to see him in another 4 weeks. Saw the dietition, and she gave me the go ahead to begin the puree diet for 2 weeks, and then introduce soft food.
Back to top Go down
kmsbj
kmsbj

Female
Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2010-05-11

PostSubject: Re: MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH   MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH EmptyTue 11 May 2010, 8:04 am

Hi Miss, I am new here so hope you dont mind me jumping in. I smiled when i read that you bought a diet coke 3 weeks out of surgery. As embarrassed as i am to admit it, before my surgery i had a 4-6litre/day addiction to the stuff. On the third day post surgery after packing to go home whilst waiting for the doctor the 'tea lady' came round. After asking me if i would like anything i confessed i would kill for a diet coke, my nurse who was in the room suggested that if i really wanted it then i should have it, but to sip it very slowly and let it fizz in my mouth first. Diet coke never tasted as good as it did with that first post op sip. Today i dont drink anywhere near what i used to. I can manage a small amount here and there, and am lucky to get through a full can in a day, but there is nothing worse than the pain caused by expanding gas in your 'new' stomach, so be careful.
Back to top Go down
Cuddly Kat
Part of the furniture
Cuddly Kat

Female
Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2009-07-14

PostSubject: Re: MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH   MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH EmptySat 08 May 2010, 8:33 am

You'd be pretty happy to be moving off liquids onto the soft stuff.

Good luck with it!!
MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH 65317
Back to top Go down
miss
Part of the furniture
miss

Female

PostSubject: Re: MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH   MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH EmptySat 08 May 2010, 8:23 am

introducing soft foods, slowly
Back to top Go down
Cuddly Kat
Part of the furniture
Cuddly Kat

Female
Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2009-07-14

PostSubject: Re: MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH   MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH EmptySat 08 May 2010, 8:20 am

I couldn't drink more than a few sips of fizzy drinks for months after the op so doing really well. As they say, everyone can handle different things at different times.

Are you still on liquids or have you moved on to mushies?
Back to top Go down
miss
Part of the furniture
miss

Female

PostSubject: Re: MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH   MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH EmptySat 08 May 2010, 8:08 am

Went to the shops, bought a few things, has anyone who has been sleeved drank a bit of diet coke 3 weeks out of surgery before? I bought a 600ml as I was extremely thirsty...
Back to top Go down
miss
Part of the furniture
miss

Female

PostSubject: Re: MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH   MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH EmptySat 01 May 2010, 8:31 am

never mind.
Back to top Go down
miss
Part of the furniture
miss

Female

PostSubject: Rating Weight Loss Diets   MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH EmptySat 01 May 2010, 6:03 am

Rating Weight Loss Diets

If you want to lose weight and keep it off, you need to change the way you think about food and your lifestyle. Just going on a diet for a few months will get the weight off, but it wont keep it off. You need to learn how to eat right and how to stay active so you will never have to go on a diet again.

Any of you who have tried this methodology of changing your lifestyle and found that it too was the key for you to lose fat and look your best?
Back to top Go down
miss
Part of the furniture
miss

Female

PostSubject: Bulking up   MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH EmptySat 01 May 2010, 5:48 am

Bulking Up

A relatively common question people who are in the process of loosing weight have is when should they stop their cut and start bulking up and building muscle.

They have worked very hard to lose a lot of their excess body fat, and don’t want to screw anything up by starting to eat too much too soon.

Technically speaking, there is no concrete body fat percentage number you want to get to before you start your bulk.

Its not like you will gain less muscle if you are at 10% or at 25% body fat. As long as you eat enough and work out hard, you will put on muscle.

But, realistically speaking, no one who has lost a lot of weight wants to put more back on and walk around with a large stomach.

The higher your body fat is, the less noticeable your muscles are and the less definition you have. So, you may have 200 lbs of lean body mass, but no one will be able to notice because it is all covered in fat.

Ideally, you would want to wait until you are pretty lean and start going on a slow bulk. By just increasing your calories to 300 or 500 over maintenance, you will be able to slowly gain muscle without putting on a thick layer of fat on top of it.

So, you can start bulking at any body fat percentage, but if you want optimal results and want to stay relatively trim in the process, you should definitely wait until you are around 12% body fat before you start your bulk.

Don’t be one of those people who start bulking at 20% body fat and get huge, but carry a lot of fat on top of their muscles, that definitely will definitely make it a huge challenge to get beach-ready!

Are you going to start a bulk-up phase? What is your strategy?
Back to top Go down
roadtripmama

Female
Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH   MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH EmptySat 24 Apr 2010, 9:30 am

Hi Miss,

Hoping this finds you coming along OK.....and all is well.

Deb
Back to top Go down
Eternlslady
Part of the furniture
Eternlslady

Female
Number of posts : 413
Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH   MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH EmptyMon 19 Apr 2010, 8:20 am

Good luck Miss - hope it all works out the way you hoped MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH 217555
Back to top Go down
aprilsun
aprilsun

Female
Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2009-04-03

PostSubject: MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH   MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH EmptyMon 19 Apr 2010, 8:01 am

Hi Miss,
Thought I would pop on and wish you Good Luck for tomorrow.
Im sure everything will go well. Let us now how you are going, when you get the time.

Take Care
Anna MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH 217555
Back to top Go down
Peazles
Part of the furniture
Peazles

Female
Number of posts : 1011
Registration date : 2010-02-14

PostSubject: Re: MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH   MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH EmptyMon 19 Apr 2010, 7:52 am

Goodluck Miss!
Back to top Go down
Wren
Part of the furniture
Wren

Female
Number of posts : 325
Registration date : 2010-02-14

PostSubject: Re: MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH   MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH EmptyMon 19 Apr 2010, 3:27 am

Hiya Miss,

No I am not sore at all. The scars dont hurt - none of it hurts now. I enjoy sleeping on my tummy most nights now! Again good luck and let us know how it goes!xxxx
Back to top Go down
miss
Part of the furniture
miss

Female

PostSubject: Re: MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH   MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH EmptyMon 19 Apr 2010, 2:22 am

Thanks so much everyone for your goodlucks, we are (mum and myself) are thinking about going down there tonight and stay in a hotel. We do have family in Sydney near the hospital but we don't want to stay with them to tell us all the negatives and so forth. Just need to get in touch with the hospital.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH   MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH Empty

Back to top Go down

MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next