mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH   MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH - Page 3 EmptySat 10 Apr 2010, 10:12 am

First topic message reminder :

This thread is specifically for Miss. If you wish to read/respond to her post on here go ahead..... if not, then don't read it.... you know what to do....... go for it....
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
lindabinda
Top Poster
Top Poster

Number of posts : 1884
Registration date : 2009-07-31

PostSubject: Re: MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH   MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH - Page 3 EmptyFri 16 Apr 2010, 4:56 am

Hey Miss.....
I have read it too but is very hard to understand the flow of things. Do you delete bits or am I going silly. LOL
What date is your surgery? You must be looking forward to it.

Oops, sorry just noticed it's the 20th, not long then!
Linda :)
Back to top Go down
redrooter99
Part of the furniture
redrooter99

Female
Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-04-21

PostSubject: Re: MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH   MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH - Page 3 EmptyThu 15 Apr 2010, 11:18 pm

I read it ....so what!

I think yous are creul to people...

Miss good luck MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH - Page 3 542174 MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH - Page 3 542174 MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH - Page 3 542174 MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH - Page 3 542174 MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH - Page 3 542174 MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH - Page 3 542174
Back to top Go down
http://redrooter.blogspot.com/
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female
Number of posts : 2601
Registration date : 2009-09-17

PostSubject: Re: MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH   MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH - Page 3 EmptyThu 15 Apr 2010, 1:52 pm

Me too Mel.

You must be getting excited, not long to go for you now.

-Carrie
Back to top Go down
ssjad
Part of the furniture
ssjad

Female
Number of posts : 970
Registration date : 2010-03-21

PostSubject: Re: MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH   MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH - Page 3 EmptyThu 15 Apr 2010, 1:39 pm

Hey Miss, I read it - just not much of a poster.

Keep writing here!
Back to top Go down
miss
Part of the furniture
miss

Female
Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2009-12-16

PostSubject: really upset   MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH - Page 3 EmptyThu 15 Apr 2010, 12:50 pm

What is the f*#en point, no one reads this so you may as well close it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=708312072
miss
Part of the furniture
miss

Female

PostSubject: About Dee to this forum   MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH - Page 3 EmptyTue 13 Apr 2010, 7:21 am

I can totally understand Caz and your situation. My Grandmother has been in a home for 6 years now after suffering two strokes. My mum still feels guilty about not being able to care for her but deep down she knows this will never be possible. Every week my mum goes to visit her and my Grandmother never seems to appreciate everything my mum does for her. I think it is just part of getting old they have no concept of time and think the whole world revolves around them. My grandmother will ring up and tell my mum her TV is not working and she expects mum to drop everything and go over and fix it. Half of the time she has just pressed the wrong Button on the remote. Mum used to drop everything but now she makes my Grandmother wait as it does not make that much difference.
My mum has now learnt not to feel guilty anymore becasue, she will never make my grandmother happy. Mum can not give my grandmother what she really wants and that is to take her home, the only thing she can do is make it as pleasant as possible. I don't really know the answer to all of this but just don't take it personally and just do what you can.

Caz wrote:
I have been having some challenges lately with my mum. She is 87 and in an aged care facility now. How we got her there is a bit of a story. We realised she just couldn't cope any more - she was living in a flat under our house with about 80+ stairs to get up, and the poor ambulance people just couldn't handle getting her out. Plus she was totally isolated as she couldn't go anywhere! We were away for a while, and the night we came back, she called me at 2 am and said "I need help". I thought she may have had another stroke (nothing like adrenalin in the middle of the night), but what had happened was that she need to go to the toilet but couldn't get up. What on earth would have happened if I hadn't been there!!!
>
> So we arranged for her to go to the facility as a respite patient by telling her I was going away on business (which ended up being true), and while she was there, they assessed her for permanent. She was accepted and we just told her she wasn't coming home. She took it OK, but it wasn't easy, but everyone knows she needed 24 hour care and with me working full time it jut isn't possible for me to be there.
>
> Anyway, things have been OK until recently when she has occasionally started complaining - and last Friday she rang me and told me I had said she could come home and when was I picking her up (btw she has dementia also). When I told her that wasn't happening, I got a tirade about taking her home, being an ungrateful daughter etc etc. *sigh*
>
> The next day she was back to normal, and Sunday when I visited, she wasn't very well but was still back to normal (albeit slightly sicker).
>
> Any suggestions about how to handle this situation. I feel so guilty about having forced her into this place, even though the logical part of me knows it is the right thing to have done.
>
> Thanks for the help guys
> Caz
Back to top Go down
miss
Part of the furniture
miss

Female

PostSubject: Re: MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH   MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH - Page 3 EmptyMon 12 Apr 2010, 12:51 pm

I am back, so whats up? On May 1st, a week after my surgery, I will be going on holidays to Kingscliff. I am not sure but it could be the surgery or the first part where he removes the other part of the gastro tube?

Last edited by miss on Tue 13 Apr 2010, 7:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
aprilsun
aprilsun

Female
Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2009-04-03

PostSubject: MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH   MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH - Page 3 EmptySun 11 Apr 2010, 12:56 pm

Hi Miss,
I had written a post today, which was quite long and the stupid thing dissappeared on me when i went to send it.
Im pleased for you about getting sleeved, if your Dr is happy doing the Op and your happy thats all that matters, after all its for you, and you come first in your choices.
I know a lot of people may not agree with you being sleeved, but we are not Doctors on here, we are just people who have had or are waiting to be sleeved, we at some point might write a post and it might not contain the right information for someone else, but as I see it, we are just recounting our own experience.
We all have our own Drs and Dietitians whose advice we should be following, this site is a bouncing board for our feelings, thoughts of what we are going through, and I would never try and take the place of anyones own Doctor, we can all post suggestions to certain problems others are having, but i dont expect anyone to follow my advice, Im only stating what works for me, people should then work out for themselves whether they wish to try my advice or not.
So i dont see why everyone got worked up over your posts, i guess we all are different.
Anyway you take care Miss and I wish you all the best with the Op and hope you keep in touch and let us know how you go.

Take Care
Anna
Back to top Go down
shelly25
Top Poster
Top Poster
shelly25

Female
Number of posts : 1776
Registration date : 2009-11-21

PostSubject: Re: MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH   MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH - Page 3 EmptySun 11 Apr 2010, 11:24 am

miss you have obvoiusly been through quite alot
in your life and have faced many struggles
I think you have been misunderstood which is
sad
it is interesting that this thread was set up for
you so people didnt have to read your posts but i noticed
that there have been nearly 200 views on this thread.
take care
shelly25
Back to top Go down
Wren
Part of the furniture
Wren

Female
Number of posts : 325
Registration date : 2010-02-14

PostSubject: Re: MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH   MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH - Page 3 EmptySun 11 Apr 2010, 9:15 am

Miss, good luck with your opti diet and your decision to have surgery. And that's what it is. YOUR RIGHT. This surgery is not copy righted, no one other than your surgeon and yourself can dictate whether you have the right to the surgery or not and last but not least NO ONE OWNS IT.

If you feel that you will be happy with this than just like everybody else you are entitled to it.

Keep posting in the diary, cause it is a great place to write how you feel etc.

big hug,

Wren
Back to top Go down
miss
Part of the furniture
miss

Female

PostSubject: Re: MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH   MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH - Page 3 EmptySun 11 Apr 2010, 7:53 am

all the best, 9 days for me!!!
Back to top Go down
my3angels
my3angels

Female
Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2009-11-07

PostSubject: Re: MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH   MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH - Page 3 EmptySun 11 Apr 2010, 6:47 am

Well I have 8 days to go to my op Mel I canot wait. MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH - Page 3 355206
Back to top Go down
miss
Part of the furniture
miss

Female

PostSubject: Re: MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH   MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH - Page 3 EmptySat 10 Apr 2010, 11:23 am

I am so pleased for Mick65, he has done so well! Going to the gym 4 times a week, ect. \

Raingold- well done on your weightlose! You are not me, everybody can not understand! Me to be 55 or 60klg, allows me to hang washing out on the line- with no pain! It allows me to fold washing, wash the dishes, make my bed, clean my teeth and wash and dress myself with no or limited pain or no or limited sweat! If I don't go ahead with this surgery, all of these problems- and even more will still happen to me. You really have to be able to relate to these (or imagine it is happening to you) to understand where I am coming from. Not many people do but thankyou so sooo much to those who do understand and can compensate me.
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH   MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH - Page 3 EmptySat 10 Apr 2010, 10:12 am

This thread is specifically for Miss. If you wish to read/respond to her post on here go ahead..... if not, then don't read it.... you know what to do....... go for it....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH   MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3