mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH   MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH - Page 2 EmptySat 10 Apr 2010, 10:12 am

First topic message reminder :

This thread is specifically for Miss. If you wish to read/respond to her post on here go ahead..... if not, then don't read it.... you know what to do....... go for it....
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
miss
Part of the furniture

Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2009-12-16

PostSubject: Re: MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH   MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH - Page 2 EmptyMon 19 Apr 2010, 2:22 am

Thanks so much everyone for your goodlucks, we are (mum and myself) are thinking about going down there tonight and stay in a hotel. We do have family in Sydney near the hospital but we don't want to stay with them to tell us all the negatives and so forth. Just need to get in touch with the hospital.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=708312072
rosy
rosy

Female
Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2009-02-14

PostSubject: Re: MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH   MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH - Page 2 EmptyMon 19 Apr 2010, 2:16 am

good luck for tomorrow Mel. we will be thinking of you.... and you will be on the losing side before you know it. Will your mum be with you on the day ?
Back to top Go down
ssjad
Part of the furniture
ssjad

Female
Number of posts : 970
Registration date : 2010-03-21

PostSubject: Re: MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH   MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH - Page 2 EmptyMon 19 Apr 2010, 12:47 am

Good luck for today, Miss - see you on the other side ;)
Back to top Go down
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female
Number of posts : 2601
Registration date : 2009-09-17

PostSubject: Re: MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH   MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH - Page 2 EmptySun 18 Apr 2010, 11:35 pm

Hi Mel,

Woohoo!! only one sleep to go. You must be soooo excited after your long build up. When are you travelling down to Sydney? Are your Mum or Hubby coming down with you too?

I hope that your op tomorrow all goes smoothly and that you have a very easy recovery.

Good luck Mel - Carrie
Back to top Go down
miss
Part of the furniture
miss

Female

PostSubject: Re: MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH   MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH - Page 2 EmptySun 18 Apr 2010, 9:55 pm

Thanks Wren, you would know because your op is over and done with! How does it feel? Still tender to touch? Hope you are well.
Back to top Go down
Wren
Part of the furniture
Wren

Female
Number of posts : 325
Registration date : 2010-02-14

PostSubject: Re: MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH   MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH - Page 2 EmptySun 18 Apr 2010, 3:44 pm

Good luck with surgery tomorrow Miss! Guess what? After tomorrow noone will nolonger try and talk you out of it! Will be thinking of you and wishing you the best, but also I know that this will be a breeze after all your previous surgeries!!! kiss
Back to top Go down
miss
Part of the furniture
miss

Female

PostSubject: Re: MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH   MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH - Page 2 EmptySun 18 Apr 2010, 11:11 am

Thanks lmboyd, I hope my recovery is good and quick as well. I am hoping the hospital staff are good, I havent heard a great deal of patients who underwent this kind of surgery at Belavista before. But I am very sure that Dr Durmush gets very caring, qualified nurses to look after his patients at that hospital... Still feeling that I will be in the best care!!!
Back to top Go down
lmboyd
Part of the furniture
lmboyd

Female
Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2009-07-31

PostSubject: Re: MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH   MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH - Page 2 EmptySun 18 Apr 2010, 10:39 am

Hi Miss good luck with your surgery this week I hope you have a speedy recovery. You deserve an easy run with all that you have been through MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH - Page 2 217555
Back to top Go down
miss
Part of the furniture
miss

Female

PostSubject: Re: MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH   MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH - Page 2 EmptySun 18 Apr 2010, 3:53 am

Thanks Sue, I am feeling that I would find the same... fingers crossed lol
Back to top Go down
Sue B

Female
Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2010-03-11

PostSubject: Re: MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH   MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH - Page 2 EmptySun 18 Apr 2010, 2:47 am

Hi Miss

I am a lurker who doesnt post much - not much to offer most of the time.
Good luck with your surgery. For me it has been much much easier than I thought it would be.
Back to top Go down
miss
Part of the furniture
miss

Female

PostSubject: Re: MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH   MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH - Page 2 EmptySat 17 Apr 2010, 1:14 pm

Ohhh thanx aprilsun, i was just sitting in my lounge recliner playing nemo on the x box and when I finished I got up and all
on the left side of the spine was killing, I was tightening up as I even played a kiddies game!!! lol. I guess I wont be playing that many games then!!! Just watching movies and the tv... rats!!! I was looking 4ward to playing some games.
Back to top Go down
aprilsun
aprilsun

Female
Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2009-04-03

PostSubject: MISS THREADS- READ IF YOU WISH   MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH - Page 2 EmptySat 17 Apr 2010, 12:04 pm

Hi Miss,
Wow cant believe your op day is nearly here. I hope you do continue to post on here, because its good to get feedback from people that have gone through the same operation.

Dont get too upset if you dont get lots of responses, lots of people read but they dont all write anything, so you just keep writing your story and you will get responses back.

Trust me, you get more responses than I have got, any time I have posted on here..... lol

You take care and I wish you all the luck with your Op.

Anna kiss
Back to top Go down
miss
Part of the furniture
miss

Female

PostSubject: Re: MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH   MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH - Page 2 EmptySat 17 Apr 2010, 7:44 am

They are the absolute best!!! I wonder if the surgeon will give me the go ahead to go on holidays on the 1st of May for 2 weeks? I think he would let me but make sure I take it easy!!!
Back to top Go down
cos im worth it
Part of the furniture
cos im worth it

Female
Number of posts : 924
Registration date : 2010-02-01

PostSubject: Re: MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH   MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH - Page 2 EmptySat 17 Apr 2010, 6:47 am

I think I'll also be in at least 4 days. I live a 4 hr drive from the surgeon so want to be cautious before heading back home.

Are'nt Mum's wonderful?
Back to top Go down
miss
Part of the furniture
miss

Female

PostSubject: Re: MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH   MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH - Page 2 EmptySat 17 Apr 2010, 6:43 am

Thankyou so very much Katrina, its hard also because my brain is saying 'Chocolate, I want more chocolate'. and I give it more chocolate because I know that I really need to stop the chocolate just two days b4 the op and there after.

MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH - Page 2 63412 MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH - Page 2 63412 MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH - Page 2 63412
Back to top Go down
Cuddly Kat
Part of the furniture
Cuddly Kat

Female
Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2009-07-14

PostSubject: Re: MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH   MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH - Page 2 EmptySat 17 Apr 2010, 6:30 am

Hi Miss

I know I wasn't very supportive when I read some of your comments before, but after reading more of your posts and comments from others who understand your situation better, I'm also trying to understand your situation better.

My niece has a physical disability which affects her legs and I can understand why you wouldn't want to be over your chosen weight for you so that your mobility isn't affected.

Good luck with your surgery this week, I hope everything goes smoothly and you keep asking questions on this site as you move through liquid, mushie and back onto solid foods again.

cheers, Katrina
MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH - Page 2 65317
Back to top Go down
miss
Part of the furniture
miss

Female

PostSubject: Re: MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH   MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH - Page 2 EmptySat 17 Apr 2010, 6:26 am

miss wrote:
Actually, I am really calm about this whole thing. Sorry if I upset anyone by saying this for I do not mean to upset anyone, but because I haven't allowed myself to get that big, I choose to get this operation done now because I don't really want to come across any more problems. It will also not stress up my whole body, eg when I walk from A to B...

So I am really excited, mind you, I was feeling all those things even before, when I was considering to go ahead with this op.

All the best for your up coming surgery! How many days will you be in hospital for? For me it's a 4 day stay.

My husband has eased alot, and I have tried to explain this process to him, although he doesnt believe that this operation will work that well for me!

I am so lucky that I have my mother who is prepared to do anything for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
miss
Part of the furniture
miss

Female

PostSubject: Re: MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH   MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH - Page 2 EmptySat 17 Apr 2010, 6:21 am

see above

Last edited by miss on Sat 17 Apr 2010, 6:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cos im worth it
Part of the furniture
cos im worth it

Female
Number of posts : 924
Registration date : 2010-02-01

PostSubject: Re: MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH   MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH - Page 2 EmptySat 17 Apr 2010, 5:51 am

Hi Miss - I see you are having your surgery the day after me.
I'm wondering if your experiencing the same emotions I am - nervous anticipation, excitement all rolled into one!

I remember reading an earlier post of yours that your husband wasn't keen on you having the surgery. I hope he has come to a better understanding of it, so you can draw strength from his support.

Keep us posted as to your progress, & all the very best for Tuesday - will be thinking of you.

MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH - Page 2 217555
Back to top Go down
sophia
Part of the furniture
sophia

Female
Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2008-12-10

PostSubject: Re: MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH   MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH - Page 2 EmptySat 17 Apr 2010, 4:15 am

Hi Miss,
my doctor was quite clear - and this was also in the literature - that the sleeve may not assist you in reaching your "ideal" perfect weight.

It seems that on average people loose 75 - 85% of their excess weight. Not everyone will loose to their minimum weight.

Sophia
Back to top Go down
Peazles
Part of the furniture
Peazles

Female
Number of posts : 1011

PostSubject: Re: MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH   MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH - Page 2 EmptyFri 16 Apr 2010, 1:11 pm

You will go through periods where you won't lose weight - it happens to everyone who's losing weight, whether they've had surgery or not. It's called a plateau. I wouldn't start doing more, just maybe switch things around a bit, like try something new at the gym. You just need to have patience when it happens, if you stick to healthy eating patterns, it'll come off.
Back to top Go down
miss
Part of the furniture
miss

Female

PostSubject: when did the people pause in the weight loss   MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH - Page 2 EmptyFri 16 Apr 2010, 12:49 pm

I think I will have about 30kl to lose to be at my ideal weight, I am a bit frightened that I might go through a period where the weight will pause and stop the loss of klgs. Should I start doing more when this happens, like go swimming or start hydrotherapy, or maybe more in the gym???
Back to top Go down
TexasBell
Part of the furniture
TexasBell

Female
Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2009-11-05

PostSubject: Re: MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH   MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH - Page 2 EmptyFri 16 Apr 2010, 8:45 am

Hi Mel, ppl do read lots of threads, and reply more so when it relates to them. Please keep posting as you will need the support after your op. MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH - Page 2 217555
Back to top Go down
roadtripmama

Female
Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH   MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH - Page 2 EmptyFri 16 Apr 2010, 6:42 am

Hi Miss,

I didnt realise this thread was here until today! Very luxurious to have one all to yourself I must say!

I think it might be helpful for you to have very clear written guidelines and a plan from your doctor for what you need to be doing and when, to help you remember, (and if your memory is like mine)

If you dont have one then definitely ask, my doctor gave me one.

They come in really handy.

Anyway, good luck with things.

Deb
Back to top Go down
Peazles
Part of the furniture
Peazles

Female
Number of posts : 1011

PostSubject: Re: MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH   MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH - Page 2 EmptyFri 16 Apr 2010, 4:59 am

Hi Miss
I read your thread too, I just don't respond often as I'm just not one for being very chatty, never have been! Goodluck with your surgery soon, I'm sure you'll be fine.
Back to top Go down
lindabinda
Top Poster
Top Poster
lindabinda

Female
Number of posts : 1884
Registration date : 2009-07-31

PostSubject: Re: MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH   MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH - Page 2 EmptyFri 16 Apr 2010, 4:56 am

Hey Miss.....
I have read it too but is very hard to understand the flow of things. Do you delete bits or am I going silly. LOL
What date is your surgery? You must be looking forward to it.

Oops, sorry just noticed it's the 20th, not long then!
Linda :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH   MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

MISS THREADS - READ IT IF YOU WISH
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: