chrisbychic
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Samara

Female
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-10-07

I don't get how the threads work Empty
PostSubject: Re: I don't get how the threads work   I don't get how the threads work EmptyWed 07 Oct 2009, 10:12 am

Ahh i see. Thank you for letting me know.

I am used to other forums being set a bit different hence the confusion. I think it will probably take a bit of getting use to for me lol.
Back to top Go down
newlife
Part of the furniture
newlife

Female
Number of posts : 1020
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: I don't get how the threads work   I don't get how the threads work EmptyWed 07 Oct 2009, 10:02 am

It was set up this way when the forum was established (apart from a few of the threads ie doctors) because otherwise it would take ages to click through all the pages to get to the lastest posting at the end (and some threads are now many pages long, so would be quite annoying). This way you only have to scroll down a little way to where you last read etc and is much easier and quicker to navigate. It was the popular consensis when the forum was established. From memory there is no option to change this on individual settings.
Back to top Go down
Samara

Female
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-10-07

PostSubject: Re: I don't get how the threads work   I don't get how the threads work EmptyWed 07 Oct 2009, 9:55 am

I am having an issue with this just now. All the posts seem to have the Newest posts first instead of the Older posts. I haven't encounted this on a forum before. Is there some where in settings I can change this format?
Back to top Go down
wombat
wombat

Female
Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2009-03-18

PostSubject: Re: I don't get how the threads work   I don't get how the threads work EmptyWed 25 Mar 2009, 12:50 am

Ah I thought is was just me Rice Cake! I have used internet forums for a dozen years and they all start with the first (oldest) post at the top when you open the post, and the newest post will be at the bottom of the last page.

Sometimes that happens here, but not always. I tried to change the chronological order but it dosn't do anything.

Is there any way to fix it?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 1588
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: I don't get how the threads work   I don't get how the threads work EmptyTue 06 Jan 2009, 11:52 pm

Sorry Chris, yes you are right, my mistake!!

Please disregard my earlier post! The threads run from oldest to newest, with page 1 being the oldest page.
(I think that's a bit strange in itself!) LOL.
Apologies if I have confused anyone.
Hayley
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: I don't get how the threads work   I don't get how the threads work EmptyTue 06 Jan 2009, 7:02 pm

Actually, I think the page numbers change so that page 1 is always the one with the most recent posts in it.
Chris
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: I don't get how the threads work   I don't get how the threads work EmptyTue 06 Jan 2009, 12:40 pm

Hiya,

The way the threads work is that the threads run with the very first post being on the very first page. So, if you want to read posts, you need to go post number 1, page 1.
Hope this helps,

Hayley
Back to top Go down
abryant
abryant

Female
Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-07-19

PostSubject: Re: I don't get how the threads work   I don't get how the threads work EmptyTue 06 Jan 2009, 3:16 am

I don't quite understand it either. If there is more than one page, say 3, then does the original post be on page three or on page one?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: I don't get how the threads work   I don't get how the threads work EmptyMon 06 Oct 2008, 11:49 am

Hi Rice Cake,

the threads are not 'messed up', they run from oldest post to newest post, so the newest post will show up at the top of the thread.
The only section on this site that is different is the Surgeons section.
Hope this helps,

Hayley
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: I don't get how the threads work   I don't get how the threads work EmptyMon 06 Oct 2008, 8:54 am

Hi there
Usually the current one is first, but if there's only one page, the current one will be at the bottom of that page, for some reason.
And if you send a reply, it usually turns them around, too.
Chris
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: I don't get how the threads work   I don't get how the threads work EmptyMon 06 Oct 2008, 8:21 am

I am confused, the order of the posts in the threads is all messed up. I go to read a post and sometimes the current one is first and other times the current one is last.

how does it work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I don't get how the threads work   I don't get how the threads work Empty

Back to top Go down

I don't get how the threads work
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Site Information :: Site Navigation and Issues-
Jump to: