AuthorMessage
OLD Mark
Sponsor
OLD Mark

Male
Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2010-01-16

Spicy foods post op...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spicy foods post op...?   Spicy foods post op...? EmptyWed 31 Mar 2010, 11:05 am

Well it is now 7wks post op and "chillies" sweet/hot are still banned by by tummy...but today (naughty as it is) ...my new little tummy accepted a satay chicken "wok-in-a-box"...well I managed to eat about 10% of a small box. It was yummy, reasonably tasty & best of all my tummy didn't mind it. I came home very happy !!!...thank you tummy.

If we don't talk again before Easter....have a SAFE, relaxing, wonderful break, remember to be kind to yourself & those you love. Spicy foods post op...? 217555

OLD Mark
Back to top Go down
http://www.livingwithgrief.info
OLD Mark
Sponsor
OLD Mark

Male

PostSubject: Re: Spicy foods post op...?   Spicy foods post op...? EmptyFri 26 Mar 2010, 7:52 am

Jewels wrote:
Hi Mark,

Wow never thought about the salami that way, so I guess I MUST wait before I can have it, maybe cook some just to get rid of the craving ahhaahah, as for fetta I am having cottage cheese sometimes which is similar.

So when did you have your sleeve done Mark? How are you coping with the new stomach? I am starting to like now, because a few days ago I was so sore, I was actually having some thoughts of regrets Spicy foods post op...? 595690 but I am learning everyday, so I must say I do not regret getting it done.

talk soon

Jewels
Hi Jewels
I was sleeved on the 12th Feb...now you don't have to wait to eat it....I was just suggesting it may not be the most suited food to you new tummy, so early post-op...but don't be guided by me, talk to your dietician/surgeon....they will give you much better guidence than me.
OLD Mark
Back to top Go down
Jewels
Jewels

Female
Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2010-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Spicy foods post op...?   Spicy foods post op...? EmptyFri 26 Mar 2010, 1:56 am

Hi Mark,

Wow never thought about the salami that way, so I guess I MUST wait before I can have it, maybe cook some just to get rid of the craving ahhaahah, as for fetta I am having cottage cheese sometimes which is similar.

So when did you have your sleeve done Mark? How are you coping with the new stomach? I am starting to like now, because a few days ago I was so sore, I was actually having some thoughts of regrets Spicy foods post op...? 595690 but I am learning everyday, so I must say I do not regret getting it done.

talk soon

Jewels
Back to top Go down
OLD Mark
Sponsor
OLD Mark

Male

PostSubject: Re: Spicy foods post op...?   Spicy foods post op...? EmptyWed 24 Mar 2010, 8:46 pm

Hi Jewels
I love Feta too but I would put your "desire" for salami on hold for a little while longer....it is uncooked/fermented meat & your new tummy may not be happy if you slide it down (in the early days). I try to be very considerate & kind to my new tummy but dont worry your tiny tummy will definately tell you if it is not happy. Different people seem to be able to eat different things...even in the early days.

OLD Mark

Last edited by OLD Mark on Fri 26 Mar 2010, 7:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jewels
Jewels

Female
Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2010-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Spicy foods post op...?   Spicy foods post op...? EmptyWed 24 Mar 2010, 1:19 pm

Hi everyone, wow it's amasing i am craving savory stuff too, the funny thing is I used to love sweets (it's what made me fat lol) now is my chance to eat sweets ie. Custard etc. But I can't stand the site of any sweets hahaha I love the sleeve... I am on puree for another six days, then mushies for a week, then normal. I can't wait to have some fetta cheese and salami.

Jewels
Back to top Go down
sophia
Part of the furniture
sophia

Female
Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2008-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Spicy foods post op...?   Spicy foods post op...? EmptyThu 18 Mar 2010, 10:16 pm

Post op, once on mushies, I LOVED baked beans, cheese and tabasco sauce, all smashed together with protein powder and water.

Seriously addicted to Tabasco for a while, but that has passed. No problems with tummy in the early days!

Sophia
Back to top Go down
Kyles
Part of the furniture
Kyles

Female
Number of posts : 932
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Spicy foods post op...?   Spicy foods post op...? EmptyWed 17 Mar 2010, 2:39 am

luckily I'm still good on the spicy stuff :)
Back to top Go down
Gail
Part of the furniture
Gail

Female
Number of posts : 600
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Spicy foods post op...?   Spicy foods post op...? EmptyWed 17 Mar 2010, 12:17 am

I'm the same, love curry but the reflux it causes afterwards these days is not good. Just keep my Nexium near by if I do have something a spicy these days.
Back to top Go down
Max
Part of the furniture
Max

Female
Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2009-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Spicy foods post op...?   Spicy foods post op...? EmptyTue 16 Mar 2010, 12:06 pm

I'm all for salt now too. Love the Kentucky Wicked Wings, but I do pay for it after with terrible pain and reflux.
Back to top Go down
kxy1983
kxy1983

Male
Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2010-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Spicy foods post op...?   Spicy foods post op...? EmptyMon 15 Mar 2010, 6:13 pm

after 5 days of jelly and apple juice after surgery, i couldnt wait to start eating savoury foods rather than sweet things. one of my fav foods since the op has been savoury mince, i made it with a fair whack of curry powder and cajun spices to have a bit of kick and it was great, i didnt add chilli tho, im giving it a little time before i eat things that are too heavy on the spice for a few more weeks
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Spicy foods post op...?   Spicy foods post op...? EmptyMon 15 Mar 2010, 6:49 am

mine was salt, I could lick he salt of a chip after surgery *LOL* and I never had a thing for salt before.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
issi
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Spicy foods post op...?   Spicy foods post op...? EmptyMon 15 Mar 2010, 6:31 am

I've been craving spicy dishes since the surgery and have been eating them just fine. I seem to crave the spice even adding tabasco sauce to a lot of things. I didn't used to be like this! I'm 8 weeks out from surgery.
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Spicy foods post op...?   Spicy foods post op...? EmptyMon 15 Mar 2010, 2:24 am

Just a bit early is all. Try again a bit later. I use to hate curry now I LOVE it red curry the hotter the better I was eating out the other day and saw it5 on the menu and said BRING on WINTER I can not wait to tuck in :)

applesauce
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female
Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Spicy foods post op...?   Spicy foods post op...? EmptyMon 15 Mar 2010, 1:23 am

I have terrible reflux if I eat spicy food. Spicy foods post op...? 308167 Damn it, I love it, but I never learn Spicy foods post op...? 68366
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Spicy foods post op...?   Spicy foods post op...? EmptySun 14 Mar 2010, 10:14 pm

Hi Mark

I've always loved spicy food (as hot as possible) and don't have problems eating now - but I didn't try it for a while post-op. Maybe it is just a bit soon?

Take care
Caz
Back to top Go down
OLD Mark
Sponsor
OLD Mark

Male

PostSubject: Spicy foods post op...?   Spicy foods post op...? EmptySun 14 Mar 2010, 8:59 pm

Now I am 4 & a bit weeks post op. I luv my new tummy & I can eat a small quantity of almost anything I want. Before my sleeve I was never one to eat HOT or really spicy foods (they quickly made me break out in a very noticeable sweat) BUT post op. if I eat anything spicy (even relatively mild) my new little tummy becomes most unhappy ?? ...does anyone else have this ??

OLD mark
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spicy foods post op...?   Spicy foods post op...? Empty

Back to top Go down

Spicy foods post op...?
Page 1 of 1