applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Favorite post-op solid foods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite post-op solid foods   Favorite post-op solid foods EmptyWed 20 Aug 2008, 7:40 am

cruskets with pate & beetroot, diced up ham tomatoo cucumber and egg with a bit of mayo though it, very fine dice that. gnochii with char grilled veggie sauce on it BUT very small amounts as it was over filling. I found diced up crunchie things settled far better in my stomach than mushie stuff, but the male of the species found things like tuna in oil far better and trasitions slower than I did to so called normal food.
Grilled chicken diced up fine with diced tomato and ranch dressing warmed though, just yummy. Csear salad, going light on the lettuce part to get the most nutrisious stuff in. We where tho in summer so differnt for those now going onto solids. The male of the species found tender squid the best transition "meat" to eat. Volume wise a measuring cup of say csear sald diced resonably fine about half to 3/4 cup of other stuff as it was more dense. Now we would eat 1 cup worth of most things 8 months out, and if we wait an hour or so we can if out fit in a little bit of dessert ie split a piece of cake and eat probably a bit more than half between us. If it is very light and fluffy cake not heavy like carrot cake and we think it is to die for yummy we might finish it. But with most deserts they tend to look far nicer than they taste and thus we think not worth it once we have had a few spoon fulls as it does leave us very full.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
LavenderRose
LavenderRose

Female
Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Favorite post-op solid foods   Favorite post-op solid foods EmptyTue 19 Aug 2008, 11:06 pm

Angelprana and Chris...thank you !!

Your information helped a lot. It helps me know what to expect.
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Favorite post-op solid foods   Favorite post-op solid foods EmptyTue 19 Aug 2008, 10:49 pm

Well I'm 8 weeks post-op and I don't consider that I'm fully on solid foods yet.
Mostly I'm past pureeing, but sometimes I have pureed stuff anyway, if I'm not sure about something.
But some things definitely go down better than others, and my food repertoire is still limited.
I'm very glad to be able to eat scrambled egg, but only 1, and if I add extras, I can't fit it all in.
I can have a whole crumpet, though, which is brilliant.
Very naughty, but I've also had a cinnamon doughnut, a few weeks ago, and that went down well too - filled me up, though.
A cappuccino (skim) fills me up now, where is used to not even take the edge off my hunger.
Spaghetti bol goes down well, and I just have about 10 small pieces of pasta and a couple of tablespoons of bol with very little grated parmesan on top.
A meat pie when I'm out, but eating the insides and just a little of the soft pastry - about the size of a dollar coin.
While I was pureeing, I made lots of slow-cooked stews with steak, chicken, rabbit and then pureed them. As I was getting out of that stage, I had the same foods but pureed less and less as I went along. That way I could gauge the differences, and it worked well for me.
Pea and ham soup was another staple at the time - I cooked up a big batch and froze it in portions and pureed it as I went along.
Doing it this way worked really well because I could freeze portions for myself and my husband - he got the food as normal, and I pureed as needed. And I didn't have to fuss about cooking every night, either.
Hope this is what you were after.
Chris
Back to top Go down
Angelprana
Angelprana

Female
Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Favorite post-op solid foods   Favorite post-op solid foods EmptyTue 19 Aug 2008, 5:24 pm

Ok...here goes!!
It's taken me the full five weeks to start eating solids properly. I was having a few solids over the last two weeks but I had to be super careful. Make my mouth into a blender so to speak.

Fave solid foods:
rye cruskits with philly cheese and smoked salmon or sliced chicken...yum!
jelly fruit cups
a piece of toast with vegemite (it's the simple things, isn't it)
scrambled eggs with olives, swiss cheese and sliced ham for brekkie (I can really only eat a bit of this but it tastes so good and fills you up and gives you heaps of energy)

To help me digest..a quick walk always fixes me atm or time. Not drinking water before and after for about half an hour helps my digestion too. :)

Just based on what I've been eating lately it takes about half a cup worth of food. It depends on what food though...If it's heavy like egg or steak then I can only eat about a quarter of a cup.

Hope this helps anyone who wishes to know! :)
Back to top Go down
LavenderRose
LavenderRose

Female
Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Favorite post-op solid foods   Favorite post-op solid foods EmptyTue 19 Aug 2008, 2:28 pm

What are your favorite post-op foods when you eat solids?

What works best for you to digest?

How much of the food does it take to make you feel satisfied or full?

How long did it take for you to get to solids foods?

Last edited by LavenderRose on Tue 19 Aug 2008, 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added another ?)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite post-op solid foods   Favorite post-op solid foods Empty

Back to top Go down

Favorite post-op solid foods
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: