Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What types of foods could you eat 3-4 months post-op?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Isis
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2010-10-28

What types of foods could you eat 3-4 months post-op?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: What types of foods could you eat 3-4 months post-op?    What types of foods could you eat 3-4 months post-op?  EmptyTue 12 Jul 2011, 1:14 am

I was able to eat and drink anything - just in small amounts. I went tripping off backpacking around Europe at 4 months out and had no problems :)

enjoy it - you will know if a particular food isn't working for you.
Back to top Go down
Oki Doki Joy
Part of the furniture
Oki Doki Joy

Female
Number of posts : 654
Registration date : 2010-09-04

PostSubject: Re: What types of foods could you eat 3-4 months post-op?    What types of foods could you eat 3-4 months post-op?  EmptyMon 11 Jul 2011, 10:16 pm

If its hot/summer why not finger food? I went to a 1920s Murder Mystery party, they had a waitress in costume passing around platters. (the murder trail led from room to room). No sit down dinner!
Back to top Go down
http://www.gastricsleevesupport.com/the-diary-f8/the-big-joyful-
100%-er
Top Poster
Top Poster
100%-er

Female
Number of posts : 1217
Registration date : 2011-01-21

PostSubject: Re: What types of foods could you eat 3-4 months post-op?    What types of foods could you eat 3-4 months post-op?  EmptyMon 11 Jul 2011, 11:57 am

I am 3 months out and I can eat and drink anything - just in small amounts. For example, at the Christmas in July do at Chris's place, I ate a tuna patty and 3 mouthfuls of potato bake. I also drank 3 and 1/2 decent glasses of baileys with ice and I had a coke zero. I did not get drunk. I know that some people are effected differently post sleeve.

Went out for tea Sunday night, ate 3 mouthfuls of chicken and 2 mouthfuls of rice - full to the top. So whilst I can eat anything, it is stll in tiny amounts.
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: What types of foods could you eat 3-4 months post-op?    What types of foods could you eat 3-4 months post-op?  EmptyMon 11 Jul 2011, 11:31 am

I could eat anything and I started drinking alcohol from about 3 weeks post-op, not much mind you!
Back to top Go down
SassyMummy
Part of the furniture
SassyMummy

Female
Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2010-08-21

PostSubject: What types of foods could you eat 3-4 months post-op?    What types of foods could you eat 3-4 months post-op?  EmptyMon 11 Jul 2011, 10:55 am

So just wondering what kinds of things you could handle eating 3-4 months after your sleeve was done?

I know it'll vary, but hopefully if I get enough replies I'll have some sort of rough idea.

I'm wanting to organise a Murder Mystery party, but usually these are dinner parties. I want one post-op (too busy pre-op - op is on 5th Sept so not too far away anyway), and thinking sometime around Christmas will give me enough time to have settled down, become a bit more used to the sleeve and give me plenty of time to get prepared for the party. Also figure I may have lost a little by then so a good reason to celebrate.

I know what I'll eat will be minimal, but given I'll be the one forking out for it, I want to at least be able to enjoy small amounts of somewhat normal foods. I won't be attempting to down a steak or anything...

Also, were you able to drink (alcohol) at this stage? I don't want to go overboard, but a little would definitely make my night nicer I'm sure. And as a side question, do you find you get drunk easier post-op? Not that I intend to, I'm just wondering how my smaller stomach will change the way I react to alcohol, if at all.

So yeah... just wondering what you could eat at this point to see if it's even worth me bothering looking forward to it and beginning to plan it... or whether I should just wait a hell of a lot longer...

TA!
Back to top Go down
http://randomchickrandomthoughts.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What types of foods could you eat 3-4 months post-op?    What types of foods could you eat 3-4 months post-op?  Empty

Back to top Go down

What types of foods could you eat 3-4 months post-op?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: