Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What foods should I be stocking up on for my post op period.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

What foods should I be stocking up on for my post op period. Empty
PostSubject: Re: What foods should I be stocking up on for my post op period.   What foods should I be stocking up on for my post op period. EmptyMon 15 Mar 2010, 9:03 am

Hi Sabarka.........check your message box What foods should I be stocking up on for my post op period. 217555
Back to top Go down
sabarka
sabarka

Female
Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: What foods should I be stocking up on for my post op period.   What foods should I be stocking up on for my post op period. EmptyMon 15 Mar 2010, 8:58 am

Glad to hear applesauce.

Have been real good... not so on the intake of water but haven't yet had the 3rd Opti for the day... and am still allowed some vegetables for the day also... So think I am being pretty good... am going to have some diet jelly also to stop the cravings for sugar.

Leanne
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: What foods should I be stocking up on for my post op period.   What foods should I be stocking up on for my post op period. EmptyMon 15 Mar 2010, 8:49 am

if you stick to the opti without cheating the physical hunger gets sooooooo much better from about day 4.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
sabarka
sabarka

Female

PostSubject: Re: What foods should I be stocking up on for my post op period.   What foods should I be stocking up on for my post op period. EmptyMon 15 Mar 2010, 8:34 am

will check next time I am shopping.... have just started Opti today... am starving at the moment...LOL..

Suppose it will get better.

Leanne
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female

PostSubject: Re: What foods should I be stocking up on for my post op period.   What foods should I be stocking up on for my post op period. EmptyMon 15 Mar 2010, 8:27 am

fridge section near the choc milk ice coffee. some delis and servos but just about all coles woolies.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
sabarka
sabarka

Female

PostSubject: Re: What foods should I be stocking up on for my post op period.   What foods should I be stocking up on for my post op period. EmptyMon 15 Mar 2010, 8:18 am

applesauce,

where do you buy the carton stuff.

Leanne
Back to top Go down
sabarka
sabarka

Female

PostSubject: Re: What foods should I be stocking up on for my post op period.   What foods should I be stocking up on for my post op period. EmptyTue 09 Mar 2010, 8:35 am

thanks

applesauce wrote:
I used the carton stuff, but this one seems okay to use, you might want to adjust the sugar down tho as it seems an awful lot to me. Tho the sugar would not hurt you at this stage it would probably do you good as in give you some energy.

Eggnog
6 eggs
3 cups milk
8 tablespoons sugar
3 teaspoon vanilla essence
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
In a large bowl, beat the eggs using an electric beater (if available).
By turn, add milk & sugar.
Continue beating until mixture thickens slightly.
Add in the vanilla essence & ground nutmeg.
Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled (at least 3 hours).
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female

PostSubject: Re: What foods should I be stocking up on for my post op period.   What foods should I be stocking up on for my post op period. EmptyTue 09 Mar 2010, 5:45 am

I used the carton stuff, but this one seems okay to use, you might want to adjust the sugar down tho as it seems an awful lot to me. Tho the sugar would not hurt you at this stage it would probably do you good as in give you some energy.

Eggnog
6 eggs
3 cups milk
8 tablespoons sugar
3 teaspoon vanilla essence
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
In a large bowl, beat the eggs using an electric beater (if available).
By turn, add milk & sugar.
Continue beating until mixture thickens slightly.
Add in the vanilla essence & ground nutmeg.
Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled (at least 3 hours).
Back to top Go down
sabarka
sabarka

Female

PostSubject: Re: What foods should I be stocking up on for my post op period.   What foods should I be stocking up on for my post op period. EmptyTue 09 Mar 2010, 5:23 am

Thanks applesauce,

do you have a recipe for egg nog.... would be a good source of protein.... and I like it.... I haven't had it since a child though so have no idea how to make it....just remember it had eggs milk and vanilla?......

Leanne
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female

PostSubject: Re: What foods should I be stocking up on for my post op period.   What foods should I be stocking up on for my post op period. EmptyMon 08 Mar 2010, 11:38 am

find a shake you like be it upngo optifast tony ferguson etc. a carton of your fav flavour milk, yes not healthy as such but it is liquid it is calories and some times people just hate everything they try that first few days home. So far better to have something you will get down. I had egg nog, just because it is my fav. Some icy poles, most people like those calypos. They are a great way of getting fluid in as well. your fav fruit juice. maybe some VERY VERY runny custard and or again VERY runny yoghurt. But you want the drinking kind not the spooning kind. Honestly that is all you will need for that first week. If you want to stock stuff to make smoothies etc go for it but seriously most people have so little interest in food and find so little fills them that making stuff seems like to much of an effort. If the weather turns chili before you go in for your op then think soups purred and thined down with stock, freeze in icecube trays then when frozen tip into a plastic zip lock bag and just take a couple out at a time putting a coffee cup to heat up. Remember these are tiny amounts you will be getting in so dont calorie count in that first week , you need all that you can get in :)

applesauce
Back to top Go down
tarnz
Part of the furniture
tarnz

Female
Number of posts : 372
Registration date : 2009-10-20

PostSubject: Re: What foods should I be stocking up on for my post op period.   What foods should I be stocking up on for my post op period. EmptyMon 08 Mar 2010, 11:35 am

From what I remember I had ice blocks , V8 Juice , Up N Go , Apple Juice , Miso Soup.

Was on liquids for two weeks so no "food" as such

Im sure others will post what they had , each surgeon seems to have different post op requirements

Tarnz
Back to top Go down
sabarka
sabarka

Female

PostSubject: What foods should I be stocking up on for my post op period.   What foods should I be stocking up on for my post op period. EmptyMon 08 Mar 2010, 11:26 am

Hi all,

Just wondering from those that have been sleeved.... what foods they stocked up on for there post op period.... I believe that you can't drive for 7 days... so thought I should find out what I need in the fridge and cupboard.

Leanne What foods should I be stocking up on for my post op period. 725676
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What foods should I be stocking up on for my post op period.   What foods should I be stocking up on for my post op period. Empty

Back to top Go down

What foods should I be stocking up on for my post op period.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: