AuthorMessage
Peazles
Part of the furniture
Peazles

Female
Number of posts : 1011
Registration date : 2010-02-14

Trying to find tummy muscles.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trying to find tummy muscles....   Trying to find tummy muscles.... EmptySat 27 Feb 2010, 12:48 pm

Planks, crunches and sit ups are the best for tummies, sit up's don't have to be the full on ones, try going just some of the way up, and if you do them on a fit ball they're not so bad, either =)
Back to top Go down
CheekyBugger
Part of the furniture
CheekyBugger

Male
Number of posts : 561
Registration date : 2009-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Trying to find tummy muscles....   Trying to find tummy muscles.... EmptySat 27 Feb 2010, 12:09 pm

Hi Rain,

an easy exercise to do without needing any equipment and to stretch that core is the get on the floor (making sure there is someone around to help you back up if you get stuck lol)

Within your knees on the floor bend over so your hands are also on the floor or sort of in a |---| position if that makes sense then raise your right arm and left leg and make them in line with your back keeping them straight so from above you could draw a line like |, this will strengthen the front and back core. alternate between your left and right arms/legs holding each for 30 secs, do a rep of 10.

To make the exercise a little more intense when extending your arm and opposing leg extend them in a diagonal direction, so you could draw a line from the tip of your right arm to your left leg through the middle of your body sort of like a /.

N.B If you would like a little more support try it on a fit ball!

(compliments of The Biggest Loser)
Back to top Go down
Raingold
Part of the furniture
Raingold

Female
Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2009-12-30

PostSubject: Trying to find tummy muscles....   Trying to find tummy muscles.... EmptySat 27 Feb 2010, 11:53 am

Yep.
I need to find my tummy muscles, or inner core, or whatever they call those muscles these days.
I haven't known them for years, but would like to make their acquaintance - slowly.
The whole plan being, I figure I'm probably going to need a tummy tuck at the end of this journey of mine, and I'd like it to be worth the effort.
So... might even be able to NOT have a tummy tuck?? Maybe??
Anyway, point I'm trying to get to...
What sort of exercise do I need to do to find my waist and find my lower abdominal muscles?
I really don't have them.
It's sad.
Please don't say "Sit ups" cause that just ain't gonna happen. I know me only too well with that one!
I was thinking of checking out the kids section in BigW and maybe buying a hula hoop and trying to use it again? Used to be pretty good at it once [in my day! lol]
Any ideas pretty please??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trying to find tummy muscles....   Trying to find tummy muscles.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Trying to find tummy muscles....
Page 1 of 1