Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Icandothis!

Female
Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2015-07-08

Self Funded Gastric Sleeve Empty
PostSubject: How are you? Did you find any Doctors to get it done? :)   Self Funded Gastric Sleeve EmptyThu 07 Jan 2016, 5:29 am

mumoftwins wrote:
Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone knows what the cheapest way to get the gastic sleeve done would be without Private Health?

I'm willing to travel interstate. Just can't afford $18k upfront and don't want to wait 12 months if I buy private health now.

I know I may not have a choice in the end but any advice would be helpful!

Thanks

I have found myself in the same boat!!! Did you find any doctors that will let you self fund? :)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Self Funded Gastric Sleeve   Self Funded Gastric Sleeve EmptyMon 21 Apr 2014, 7:07 am

Luke after seeing the costs quoted by different people on here, I'm astonished at the huge differences between surgeons, their peri operative teams. Some insist on gastroscopies, sleep studies, psychologists, a number of pre op consults etc. others want nothing except maybe a blood test. They are all very different.
Back to top Go down
Bigluke

Male
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2014-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Self Funded Gastric Sleeve   Self Funded Gastric Sleeve EmptyMon 21 Apr 2014, 6:59 am

I've been quoted $19,000. I have been talking to a guy on different forum with no insurance and only costing him $7,000 !! What the hell?????
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara
Part of the furniture
tumultuous-tara

Female
Number of posts : 793
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Self Funded Gastric Sleeve   Self Funded Gastric Sleeve EmptyMon 29 Jul 2013, 6:17 am

Hiya Mum,

Look at Surgeons who do "intermediate" in a Public hospital.
Basically it is a Private patient in a Public Hospital.

That way you pay for the Public Hospital bed at around $300 per night rather than $1000 per night for Private Hospital bed.

Also ring around loads of Surgeon as you'll find their prices vary greatly.

Oh and when asking for quotes mention to them if you have a Pension or Health Care Card - some Surgeons will bulk bill for (I think) the staples if you do. (Which can save thousands.)

All the best,
Tara
Back to top Go down
mumoftwins

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2013-07-28

PostSubject: Self Funded Gastric Sleeve   Self Funded Gastric Sleeve EmptyMon 29 Jul 2013, 3:47 am

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone knows what the cheapest way to get the gastic sleeve done would be without Private Health?

I'm willing to travel interstate. Just can't afford $18k upfront and don't want to wait 12 months if I buy private health now.

I know I may not have a choice in the end but any advice would be helpful!

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Self Funded Gastric Sleeve   Self Funded Gastric Sleeve Empty

Back to top Go down

Self Funded Gastric Sleeve
Page 1 of 1