AuthorMessage
Andrea11
Part of the furniture
Andrea11

Female
Number of posts : 325
Registration date : 2010-12-02

Not sure what on earth is going on.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not sure what on earth is going on..   Not sure what on earth is going on.. EmptySun 18 Sep 2011, 1:45 am

Thanks everyone for the advice. I'm thinking I will stick with the Aqua work out and a couple of times a week find a high rise here on the Goldy that has heaps of steps....If that doesn't get things moving I don't know what will.....LOL

Have a great weekend what is left of it.....

Andrea
Back to top Go down
foober

Female
Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2011-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Not sure what on earth is going on..   Not sure what on earth is going on.. EmptySat 17 Sep 2011, 1:16 pm

You could throw in some boxing. I find that its an excellent cardio workout.
I agree that aqua exercise can be a cardio work out BUT on land a cardio workout just seems more taxing.
Boxing can be modified if you have joint issues
Back to top Go down
roadtripmama

Female
Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Not sure what on earth is going on..   Not sure what on earth is going on.. EmptySat 17 Sep 2011, 12:50 pm

I found that weight bearing/lifting exercise was great for getting me over the finishing line...

You are doing alot of water based cardio from the look of things...

Why not try a local 'pump' class at the gym.

Worked a treat for me and helped to maintain muscle tone too.

Deb
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female
Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Not sure what on earth is going on..   Not sure what on earth is going on.. EmptySat 17 Sep 2011, 12:38 pm

I'd say toning rather than losig, but whatever you are doing you are looking FANTASTIC!!!
Back to top Go down
Andrea11
Part of the furniture
Andrea11

Female

PostSubject: Re: Not sure what on earth is going on..   Not sure what on earth is going on.. EmptySat 17 Sep 2011, 11:54 am

Hi Wantobehealthy,

Deep water running is sprinting in the pool with high intensity cardio workout. The resistance is in the water it'self. We get a really good cardio workout. Deep water running is done in the diving pool with a bouyancy belt on so you really do go hard out....

I'm thinking I could be building muscle perhaps but will give it another week and see what the scale says then....

Andrea
Back to top Go down
NoLongerA"Wanttobe"
NoLongerA

Female
Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2011-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Not sure what on earth is going on..   Not sure what on earth is going on.. EmptySat 17 Sep 2011, 11:20 am

I"m not sure about water running, as I've only ever done aqua-aerobics as well as swimming as pool exercise, but I can tell you that there is no way either of those is remotely comparable to running for 14 kms on land. It's not weight-bearing. I barely break out into a puff in a pool, with the exception of sprints / racing, whereas a few 100 metres of running will have me puffing and sweating like a banshee. If your joints can manage it, I'd highly recommend some exercise out of a pool (also helps your body break out of the monotony of doing the same exercises).

Good luck with the final 5.

Cheers,
WTB :)
Back to top Go down
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 2162
Registration date : 2011-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Not sure what on earth is going on..   Not sure what on earth is going on.. EmptySat 17 Sep 2011, 10:46 am

Maybe try changing your type of exercise. Sometimes this can work. Maybe just go for a walk 4 or 5 days a week and see if that makes any difference. Not much to lose if it doesn't work as your still exercising. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
glenmaree
Part of the furniture
glenmaree

Female
Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2011-05-22

PostSubject: muscles   Not sure what on earth is going on.. EmptySat 17 Sep 2011, 10:24 am

Muscles weigh more than fat so is it possible that you are building muscle. Try adding some weigh or resistance training. Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
Andrea11
Part of the furniture
Andrea11

Female

PostSubject: Not sure what on earth is going on..   Not sure what on earth is going on.. EmptySat 17 Sep 2011, 10:21 am

Hi everyone,

Well I have been trying to loose the last 5ks. Have been excersising like there is no tomorrow and the scale is still not shifting. So below is what I have been doing for excersise.

Tues am half hour class of deep water running

Wednesday an hour class of deep water running

Thursday a half our class of Aqua Fit

Friday an hour class of Aqua Fit

Saturday an hour class of Deep water running.

Next week I'm booked into doing 3.5 hours deep water running and 2.5 hours of Aqua fit. If my instructor is right and each hour of deep water running is equivilant to running 14k on land I would have thought I would move on the scale. But alas NO!

So if anyone could offer me some hot tips I would really appreciate it.

Thanks Andrea
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not sure what on earth is going on..   Not sure what on earth is going on.. Empty

Back to top Go down

Not sure what on earth is going on..
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: