sue
Top Poster
Top Poster
sue

Female
Number of posts : 3609
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Stiffness in muscles and joints Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stiffness in muscles and joints   Stiffness in muscles and joints EmptyFri 26 Sep 2008, 9:35 am

Steph your right its another reason to celebrate cause i lived in a fog of meds and pain for years i have some memory loss because of it to but im great now and thats all that matters

Cheers Sue
Back to top Go down
ssteph2342
Top Poster
Top Poster
ssteph2342

Female
Number of posts : 1344
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Stiffness in muscles and joints   Stiffness in muscles and joints EmptyFri 26 Sep 2008, 9:26 am

Congratulations Sue, just another reason to celebrate Stiffness in muscles and joints 65317

steph
Back to top Go down
sue
Top Poster
Top Poster
sue

Female

PostSubject: Re: Stiffness in muscles and joints   Stiffness in muscles and joints EmptyFri 26 Sep 2008, 9:23 am

Applesauce How wonderful to hear where you came from and where you are now dont we wish we had this op done long time ago I was on 300mgs of Kaponol (slow realease morphine) for 8years plus in that time i also took endone and pandeine forte and vallium and anti depressents I decided i wanted to be drug free it took me nearly ayear and ahalf to get off the Morphine that was 2years ago now i hardly take a f panadeine Forte maybe one a week thats all unless i go do d something overboard so now all i take is anti depressents serepax no diabetes meds either im so happy

Cheers Sue
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Stiffness in muscles and joints   Stiffness in muscles and joints EmptyFri 26 Sep 2008, 7:29 am

How lucky for you to run into this doc, Sam - she might have saved you a lot of pain!
And apple - I knew you'd not been very mobile before and had improved, but I had no idea to what extent. I think it's wonderful, and good on you for pushing it a little at a time until you got where you are now. Congratulations!
Chris
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Stiffness in muscles and joints   Stiffness in muscles and joints EmptyFri 26 Sep 2008, 6:22 am

I was housebound taking the max dose of pandine forte you could take per day mixed in with the max dose of artitis meds you could take a day. I was still laying on a couch more than 22 hours a day and in tears at least 4 of those hours a day in such pain. My life was at the point of me feelin it was not worth living. It hurt to much to even watch tv it was that bad. I had huge doonas on the couch to pad it out and made it like a nest to soften it for my body to try and ease to pain but nothing was working. Fast forward to now. the ONLY time I take pain meds now is to do my walks and that is ONE pandine forte once a day and some days I do not even need that hehehehe I LOVE my sleeve I LOVE my life. I do not need pain meds to even shop now. Sure it was a gradual process and a slow one. I started very slow sitting on a chair and just rottating my ankles for 5 circles in oen direction 5 ups and 5 downs, sound pathetic BUT it worked and I just kept increasing it and started little leg raises then hand raises then little walks around the kitchen. Then I started going to the shops. It was as far as the door as the shops then sit down then to the next seat and sit down hells bells I use to park my ass so often at the shoe section at KMart I swear they where going to name the seat after me but to damn bad it worked now you can not stop me I can walk for upto 8km. The hayfever weather has annoyed me a tad and cut my walks a tad short with a little asthma but nothing to bad. But as far as my joints go this sugery RULES just do it getting the weight off gave me back my mobility.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
Sam
Sam

Female
Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Stiffness in muscles and joints   Stiffness in muscles and joints EmptyFri 26 Sep 2008, 12:56 am

With regard to achy, creakies, I just had my pre-op appt with my sleeve doc's GP and she noticed my uric acid levels were a touch high.
She is the most delightful GP who was 200kg last year and has lost 80kg since being sleeved so she was right on to all kinds of weight related issues as she had experienced them herself. She noticed my uric had been highish over the past 3 lots of blood tests and asked if I was achy and creaky, with occasional odd twitchy muscles, which I was.
She recommended I ask my own GP to put me on allopurinol 500mg. The uric acid condition is called hyperuricaemia. I've yet to google it.
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: Stiffness in muscles and joints   Stiffness in muscles and joints EmptyThu 25 Sep 2008, 8:21 pm

Hi Lavender Rose
Yes, there's definitely hope, and I'm glad that we've been able to share it with you.
Ooh, sorry about the geography - and bummer about going into the cold now. I find autumn and spring the best times, myself - it gets very humid where I live in summer, too.
Best wishes
Chris
Back to top Go down
LavenderRose
LavenderRose

Female
Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Stiffness in muscles and joints   Stiffness in muscles and joints EmptyThu 25 Sep 2008, 3:11 pm

Yes Chris, I did understand what you were telling me. I am glad to hear the weight loss has helped ease the pain some. I love yur anaology about it feeling like a creeking door and not like a door that is jammed. I can relate so well to sitting and not being able to get up and walk. Sleeping is hard too because of my pain. I have a lot of pain in my hands also and they swell up. That makes it hard for me to get online and post, I hate that because I love these message boards.

I am om heavy pain meds, that are not doing a lot, but I they are doing a little, which is better then nothing. I know my doc is afraid to have me one too many pain meds after surgery because of constipation with the meds, and then you have that problem after surgery. Right now I need the pain meds though.

I am in the USA and where I live fall is here and winter will be coming, so I will have the cold. In the summers here there is a lot of humidity, which makes my aches and pains just as bad as the cold, so I don't get much relief any time of the year.

Sue, I am glad you also have felt better from the weight loss with your pain and with the diabetes. I can't wait until my surgery and the weight loss comes, so I, hopefully, can start to feel better. Right now I feel like a 90 year old.

Thanks to both of you for your responses and letting me see there is hope.
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: Stiffness in muscles and joints   Stiffness in muscles and joints EmptyWed 24 Sep 2008, 10:57 pm

Hi Sue
I'm so glad to hear that your pain levels have dropped too. I've still got diabetes, I'm afraid, but hopefully I'll follow in your wonderful footsteps and lose it after a while.
Chris
Back to top Go down
sue
Top Poster
Top Poster
sue

Female

PostSubject: Re: Stiffness in muscles and joints   Stiffness in muscles and joints EmptyWed 24 Sep 2008, 4:15 pm

Hi i also suffer with fibromyalgia and arthritis and ive had 4 back surgerys ive lost 22kgs and it has helped quite a bit for my old joints im still not completely pain free but its alot easier with the weight coming off hardly ever take even a pandeine forte anymore im just hoping as i lose more weight it will be easier still just to be not taking so many meds anymore is fantastic and i dont have diabetes anymore i hear you about the tears not nice hopefully after you have lost some weight after youve been sleeved you will get some relief good luck

Cheers Sue Stiffness in muscles and joints 63412
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: Stiffness in muscles and joints   Stiffness in muscles and joints EmptyTue 23 Sep 2008, 10:09 pm

Damn - I just wrote a long reply to this one and then it disappeared! Let me see if I can remember everything I told you...
Firstly, I also suffer from fibromyalgia and arthritis. It's worst in my spine, and I've often been in tears from the agony - especially overnight.
However since I've lost the weight, my situation has improved so much that I've gone off all the really strong painkillers that I used to be on, and that didn't ever really do the trick, and down to just panadol osteo and the occasional panadeine forte. Oh, and also restavit at night, which seems to make a really big difference (has the same muscle relaxant as is in mersyndol).
I used to have a lot of trouble getting out of chairs - especially if I'd been sitting for any length of time. My hips would hear me asking to move and just respond with "you want me to move? yeah, right!". I used to joke that I needed the WD40 to get them working again! No, this hasn't gone away entirely - but it has improved so much that now it's more like a creaking door than one that has jammed, if you get what I mean.
I hope this has made some sense to you, and is helpful. And I hope that you have the same benefits as I've experienced when you get your sleeve and manage to lose some of the weight.
In the meantime, I'm sorry that you're in so much pain, and hope that you get some relief in the warmer weather.
Stiffness in muscles and joints 217555
Chris
Back to top Go down
LavenderRose
LavenderRose

Female
Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Stiffness in muscles and joints   Stiffness in muscles and joints EmptyTue 23 Sep 2008, 6:08 pm

Does anyone suffer from stiffness and have a hard time getting up from a chair or bed, or walking? I do, but I also have arthrtis and fibromyalgia. I was wondering if anyone who has these problems or stiffness, and who has already had the sleeve done...do you find that your weight loss has made the stiffness not as bad? Do you feel you function better?

I am hoping when I get the sleeve that my stiffness and pain issues are better after I lose weight. I have been in so much pain that it puts me in tears.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stiffness in muscles and joints   Stiffness in muscles and joints Empty

Back to top Go down

Stiffness in muscles and joints
Page 1 of 1