Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
fatnomore
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2009-12-30

So if your WLS is a secret........ - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: So if your WLS is a secret........   So if your WLS is a secret........ - Page 2 EmptyWed 10 Feb 2010, 11:26 am

First topic message reminder :

What was your reason for going to hospital to family and friends etc and then the liquid/mushie diet.. do i need to hibernate for a few months??? oh and Im a BAD lier...lol...
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
redrooter99
Part of the furniture

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-04-21

PostSubject: Re: So if your WLS is a secret........   So if your WLS is a secret........ - Page 2 EmptyThu 11 Feb 2010, 3:53 am

I am not telling anyone, as people will say to me I did it the easy way out, but i know the real truth and im not going to go thru it all with them, i have only told my boss, she asked No q's, my DH which took a good 5 months to come around to the party, which didnt matter i was getting it without him, and my sil who will be picking me up from hospital and minding my kids, my other sil thinks im getting soemthing done to my eyes! weird i know.

I do have a hiatus hernia, so If i need to ell anyone else i will go with that "lie" well 1/2 a lie.heheh So if your WLS is a secret........ - Page 2 314562

I rekon it is a personal thing to go thru, everyone can see fro looking at me, that I need to loose weight so im gonna be in weight loosing mode anyhow, so thats how ill go with it..
Back to top Go down
http://redrooter.blogspot.com/
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female
Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: So if your WLS is a secret........   So if your WLS is a secret........ - Page 2 EmptyThu 11 Feb 2010, 12:36 am

fatnomore wrote:
thanks for the help so far. I dont want to go telling everyone in case it doesnt work... like most people I think I will be the one to fail..hope not but a few people know but thats enough for now..

O h it will work, don't worry about that!
Back to top Go down
fatnomore
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: So if your WLS is a secret........   So if your WLS is a secret........ - Page 2 EmptyThu 11 Feb 2010, 12:31 am

I am telling the people that can "physically" help me after the op if needed. Everyone else doesn't need to know. It is such a personal thing to go thru and apart from that I don't need other opinions that I also dont want to think hmmm do they know or has someone I have told as a secret gone to someone else and said...dont tell anyone but....... I so dont want/need to be worried who knows,who doesnt and what they are saying behind my back... they can speculate all they want though..lol...
Back to top Go down
NutMeg
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 769
Registration date : 2009-12-15

PostSubject: Re: So if your WLS is a secret........   So if your WLS is a secret........ - Page 2 EmptyWed 10 Feb 2010, 11:10 pm

I was just discussing this with my husband last night. Only my DH, my mum and dad, and my bestie know. As I've decided to not tell too many people, I'm going to need a cover! LOL

I am going to start back at the gym, and back at the circuit training I do with some friends. It certainly won't hurt to get back into the exercise routine and I can say the weight loss is from that. Failing that - I can use the hernia repair as a ruse or I could always tell people LOL

xMeghan
Back to top Go down
Kyles
Part of the furniture
Kyles

Female
Number of posts : 932
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: So if your WLS is a secret........   So if your WLS is a secret........ - Page 2 EmptyWed 10 Feb 2010, 8:39 pm

smiley80 wrote:
Why not? That way you would have more support?

I guess in an ideal world this is how it should be :) However not everyone is lucky to have full support from their loved ones and friends.

My grandfather was one that couldnt get his head around why I couldnt just do it on my own and I said Pop if I could I wouldnt be the size I am for the last 20 years....Seeing me last trip north he got it and was very proud of me

The only other negative I got was from a friends sister who was knocked back my my surgeon right before her op as she didnt have PHI...she had even got her super out and all...she is now like...it wont work you know!!! Well hello honey sour grapes from you doesnt mean it doesnt work!!

Her opinion meant nothing to me, however it only showed me how negative ppl could be...I was very lucky to have everyone's support and I told anyone willing to listen...lol
Back to top Go down
pf337

Female
Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Re: So if your WLS is a secret........   So if your WLS is a secret........ - Page 2 EmptyWed 10 Feb 2010, 7:00 pm

I am almost 11 months out. The only ones that know my secret: my husband, my two daughters, and my very best friend. I am soooooo glad a decided to only tell a few. You can always tell more but once you tell you cannot take it back. Everyone has noticed the change but I do not think anyone has guessed surgery. My best friend said no body would ever believe I would have surgery. She said it was the biggest shock of her life when I told her. I come from a rather large family. Even when we know someone who has had this or any wls, they do not have anything positive to say. My oldest daughter did say that if telling my family would help them it would be worth telling them but it would not help them and it would make my life harder. My daughters and my husband like the decision we made "together".
Back to top Go down
miss
Part of the furniture
miss

Female
Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2009-12-16

PostSubject: Re: So if your WLS is a secret........   So if your WLS is a secret........ - Page 2 EmptyWed 10 Feb 2010, 5:38 pm

Why not? That way you would have more support?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=708312072
nimue
Part of the furniture
nimue

Female
Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2009-10-13

PostSubject: Re: So if your WLS is a secret........   So if your WLS is a secret........ - Page 2 EmptyWed 10 Feb 2010, 12:29 pm

I will flip my tshirt to show the scars .....When I've had my op. lol
Back to top Go down
nimue
Part of the furniture
nimue

Female
Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2009-10-13

PostSubject: Re: So if your WLS is a secret........   So if your WLS is a secret........ - Page 2 EmptyWed 10 Feb 2010, 12:28 pm

"No secret here.
Told everyone I met.
Even flipped my t shirts to show the scars.
I am proud of what I have done.
If anyone asks I will tell them - sleeve and don't band
Jenni"

You took the words right out of my mouth Jenni. lol
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: So if your WLS is a secret........   So if your WLS is a secret........ - Page 2 EmptyWed 10 Feb 2010, 12:14 pm

My aunty had a hiatus hernia repair more than a year ago now and the recover including what you can eat was the same as for a sleeve a VERY VERY slow healing sleeve at that. She was months before she could eat anything.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
fatnomore
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: So if your WLS is a secret........   So if your WLS is a secret........ - Page 2 EmptyWed 10 Feb 2010, 12:09 pm

thanks for the help so far. I dont want to go telling everyone in case it doesnt work... like most people I think I will be the one to fail..hope not but a few people know but thats enough for now..
Back to top Go down
Jenni
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2009-10-14

PostSubject: So if your WLS is a secret   So if your WLS is a secret........ - Page 2 EmptyWed 10 Feb 2010, 11:53 am

No secret here.
Told everyone I met.
Even flipped my t shirts to show the scars.
I am proud of what I have done.
If anyone asks I will tell them - sleeve and don't band
Jenni
Back to top Go down
Tamara
Part of the furniture
Tamara

Female
Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2008-10-31

PostSubject: Re: So if your WLS is a secret........   So if your WLS is a secret........ - Page 2 EmptyWed 10 Feb 2010, 11:43 am

Apparently having a hiatus hernia repair is a very similar recovery to the sleeve, in terms of post op diet, so quite a few members have used that as the reason for going to hospital.
I personally went with needing a gall bladder operation, I told this to my mil, but my side of the family and close friends knew the real reason I was going to hospital.
Back to top Go down
fatnomore
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: So if your WLS is a secret........   So if your WLS is a secret........ - Page 2 EmptyWed 10 Feb 2010, 11:26 am

What was your reason for going to hospital to family and friends etc and then the liquid/mushie diet.. do i need to hibernate for a few months??? oh and Im a BAD lier...lol...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So if your WLS is a secret........   So if your WLS is a secret........ - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

So if your WLS is a secret........
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2