Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 2162
Registration date : 2011-06-23

I had a really strange day today. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I had a really strange day today.   I had a really strange day today. EmptyTue 06 Mar 2012, 9:43 pm

Along with your weight loss your body energy has changed and this is the universe letting you know that there is bigger and better things waiting for you. Good luck with your new job and congratulations on 40kg lost.

Kate
Back to top Go down
glenmaree
Part of the furniture
glenmaree

Female
Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2011-05-22

PostSubject: the secret   I had a really strange day today. EmptyTue 06 Mar 2012, 9:16 pm

Hi

I am a big believer in "the secret" philosophy which is based around being positive rather than negative. To me,your building self confidence and self esteem showed yesterday and because of that good things came your way. Congratulations on your decision, new job and forward thinking in relation to your weight loss management.

PS congrat on 40kgs lost as well - amazing
Back to top Go down
CareBear
Part of the furniture
CareBear

Female
Number of posts : 354
Registration date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: I had a really strange day today.   I had a really strange day today. EmptyTue 06 Mar 2012, 8:58 pm

Thanks for sharing my funky day everyone. Thought I'd share my decision with you all. I have accepted a new job offer. I will give notice today. The new job will be more stressful and will most likely have some impact on my life work balance. I will enjoy the challenge - I'm a bit of an adrenaline junkie I think. I just hope that I can maintain my newly established good habits I.e. Packed healthy lunch/snacks (prepared the night before); home cooked meals - no take away and swimming 2 times per week. *fingers crossed*.

When I made contact with the interstate offer they said they can hold off on commencement of their project for 3 months, so if this new job is not working for me, I can join their project team in late June. I am so excited. I have always had good feedback and opportunities in my career, the difference now is that I seem to have more confidence in my skills and capabilities, I am not second guessing feedback and appraisals - it's very liberating.

I still have so much weight to lose slowly but surely I am confident I will get there. I will not stay in a job if I cannot maintain my healthy routine - that's my promise to myself. I have choices now.
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

PostSubject: Re: I had a really strange day today.   I had a really strange day today. EmptyTue 06 Mar 2012, 8:55 pm

congrats, great day besides your prat boss. it's funny how life goes
Back to top Go down
Sholley
Part of the furniture
Sholley

Female
Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2011-07-10

PostSubject: Re: I had a really strange day today.   I had a really strange day today. EmptyTue 06 Mar 2012, 8:03 pm

Good luck CB!!!
I too was surprised when I was successful with a job I had applied for and my current circumstances at work were just not something I could continue on with... I think it's that little boost of confidence we get and a stronger step when we walk etc.. .
Best of luck with which ever career path you follow. I started my new job yesterday and couldn't be happier :)
Back to top Go down
Gretchen
Part of the furniture
Gretchen

Female
Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2011-10-05

PostSubject: Re: I had a really strange day today.   I had a really strange day today. EmptyTue 06 Mar 2012, 11:07 am

That's so awesome having so many positive comments!! had the same kind of experiences where for ages nobody said anything to me about weightloss and then all of a sudden *BAM* everyone was telling me how good I looked!! Such a good feeling aye =]
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: I had a really strange day today.   I had a really strange day today. EmptyTue 06 Mar 2012, 2:23 am

Oooooohhhhh - spooky!!! But in a good way :-)
Back to top Go down
Firie75
Part of the furniture
Firie75

Female
Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2011-10-01

PostSubject: Re: I had a really strange day today.   I had a really strange day today. EmptyTue 06 Mar 2012, 2:20 am

Something IS trying to tell you something!! lol

Best of luck on you decision!
Back to top Go down
CherryRipe
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 492
Registration date : 2012-02-08

PostSubject: Re: I had a really strange day today.   I had a really strange day today. EmptyTue 06 Mar 2012, 2:20 am

40kgs?????
That is AMAZING!
The universe is giving you something....run with it!
All the best
Caroline
Back to top Go down
Melinda38
Part of the furniture
Melinda38

Female
Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2011-09-26

PostSubject: Re: I had a really strange day today.   I had a really strange day today. EmptyTue 06 Mar 2012, 2:10 am

Wow it was a Funky day. Thanks for sharing. You made me laugh. Good luck choosing you next career path:-)
Back to top Go down
D'Girlz
Top Poster
Top Poster
D'Girlz

Female
Number of posts : 1749
Registration date : 2011-01-09

PostSubject: Re: I had a really strange day today.   I had a really strange day today. EmptyTue 06 Mar 2012, 1:22 am

Sounds like a fabulous day CB!!!!
Back to top Go down
100%-er
Top Poster
Top Poster
100%-er

Female
Number of posts : 1217
Registration date : 2011-01-21

PostSubject: Re: I had a really strange day today.   I had a really strange day today. EmptyMon 05 Mar 2012, 8:09 pm

Hope your day today is as full of good surprises as yesterday.

Good luck with your decision re new job offers!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I had a really strange day today.   I had a really strange day today. EmptyMon 05 Mar 2012, 2:03 pm

I had a really strange day today. 878453 What an awesom day... Its like something out of a movie. Pity you didnt buy a lottery ticket today or a scratchy cos that dam thing would have been yours.

Great story, absolutely loved itI had a really strange day today. 217555
Back to top Go down
CareBear
Part of the furniture
CareBear

Female
Number of posts : 354
Registration date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: I had a really strange day today.   I had a really strange day today. EmptyMon 05 Mar 2012, 1:38 pm

Today was the most bizarre day I have had ever!
Slept in as the power had gone off overnight disabling my alarm.
Got stuck in traffic for another 30 mins - arrived at work 1 hour late, missed my first appointment.
Got summons to the bosses office, on my way there A colleague walled past me, not acknowledging my greeting other thAn a wry smile .....Then oh hello sorry didn't recognize you! Hmm wonder why?
I get to the boss's office and his PA asks can I help you? It's not until I speak that she recognizes me.....complimenting me on my weight loss. I meet with my boss he sends me tears (narcissistic prat, marking his territory - he is new to his position, hopefully he will settle), seem to finish the meeting with him on a positive note.
Toddling back to my office I stop for a coffee, in the queue before me a colleague I haven't seen for >12 mths. He responds to my greeting, a puzzled who the F... Are you frown across his brow ..... Finally he recognized me..... More positive comments. Wow I'm thinking, nothing like this has happened before then 3 times in one day - strange.
Get back to my office, a voicemail on my phone an unanticipated job offer (WTF!!) After my run in with boss this morning it's an attractive offer - end the call with, I will sleep on it and get back to you. Later in the day another colleague tapped me on this shoulder and whispered, have you lost weight? You look fantasic. THEN get this, Checking my voicemail before coming home - another call regarding prospect of an interstate project position - another job offer --> wasn't even looking to change positions when I woke up this morning. Very strange - the job offers are in different organizations and couldn't have come at a better time (in light of my boss issue this AM) - pre sleeve I would never have considered them (self confidence)

Something Funky was definately happening in the universe today ....... Having only received occasional comments ( re: weight loss) from colleagues before today I have no idea why I was so suddenly unrecognizable and comment worthy . And before you ask I did shower, brush my hair, dress correctly and had makeup evenly applied despite sleeping in. I'm thinking reaching 40kg loss may have something to do with it, also increased exercise - although weight loss seems stalled maybe the cm's / inches are shifting???

Anyways - back to bed I go to sleep on my thoughts about a new job. Strange strange strange day indeed.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I had a really strange day today.   I had a really strange day today. Empty

Back to top Go down

I had a really strange day today.
Page 1 of 1