4 posters
AuthorMessage
fatnomore
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2009-12-30

maybe issues with PHI Empty
PostSubject: maybe issues with PHI   maybe issues with PHI EmptyTue 02 Feb 2010, 12:59 pm

Hi guys

how did you get around that the PH fund thinks that WLS is a cosmetic procedure and not medical? Did you need a letter or form or something from the surgeon?

Thanks

Suzie
Back to top Go down
snow1081
Part of the furniture
snow1081

Female
Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: maybe issues with PHI   maybe issues with PHI EmptyTue 02 Feb 2010, 2:31 pm

???

Well here in WA my health fund, I only have to apply for hospital top cover, and waited for the 12 months waiting period and that's it, they don't even questioned about what type of surgery I am having... I don't know how it works in Melbourne, maybe shop around for other health insurance.. The only letter I got from my GP was a referral letter for the surgeon and that's it... He never wrote any letter to the insurance company.
But it maybe worth a try to speak to your GP and if he/she can write a letter to the insurance company explaining your situation :)
I am sorry I couldn't help you much... perhaps ladies from Melbourne will be able to help you better :)

XOX

Yools
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: maybe issues with PHI   maybe issues with PHI EmptyTue 02 Feb 2010, 6:58 pm

No, I just rang before I seen the surgeon to make sure I was covered for this type of surgery.
They paid all my hospital costs but very little on the doctors, I paid the $6000 gap.
Back to top Go down
melbell
Part of the furniture
melbell

Female
Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2010-01-23

PostSubject: Re: maybe issues with PHI   maybe issues with PHI EmptyWed 03 Feb 2010, 2:49 am

suziz3 wrote:
Hi guys

how did you get around that the PH fund thinks that WLS is a cosmetic procedure and not medical? Did you need a letter or form or something from the surgeon?

Thanks

Suzie

hello
im wih mbf basic hospital they cover the hospital fees and some of the doc fees not much but it isnt considered cosmetic surgery ,as long as it is medically needed ,in other words if you are over weight and high risk for medical problem wich anyone overweight is considered high risk then the phf covers it
mel
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: maybe issues with PHI   maybe issues with PHI Empty

Back to top Go down

maybe issues with PHI
Page 1 of 1