lilac
Part of the furniture
lilac

Female
Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2010-08-02

A few issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few issues   A few issues EmptyWed 19 Jan 2011, 8:51 am

A strategy I use is to coat the teaspoon with the food - and that's my 'mouthful'. It ensures I'm not eating too fast. Also on the 4th mouthful, rest for a minute or two before continuing. You can always go back to it later on when you feel more comfortable - no rush!

K.
Back to top Go down
hape2cu

Female
Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2010-11-05

A few issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few issues   A few issues EmptyThu 13 Jan 2011, 2:28 am

Hi Laurie,

For me at 3 weeks, bolognaise would have been a no go. Infact i struggled with most food like that until the 8 week mark. So everyone is different. Just take it slowely and see what works for you. If you notice pain go back a step for a few days and try again.

i'm at 3 months now, and i still struggle with the amount i can eat, but of course this has been a blessing cause im still losing weight, but mentally it can be hard. Then i remind myself obviously i can survive on such a small amount of weight, cause i still get on with my life and go to work, and im still breathing A few issues 65317

I wish you all the best for the coming weeks / months but i do promise it does gets better.
Back to top Go down
kiaram

Female
Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-10-25

A few issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few issues   A few issues EmptyWed 12 Jan 2011, 6:27 am

I'm at the same stage as you, I tried the Bolognese and found it very painful until I threw up.

I keep getting told to slow down as I am not tolerating foods very well.
Back to top Go down
ellbee

Male
Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2010-10-14

A few issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few issues   A few issues EmptyWed 12 Jan 2011, 5:34 am

Hi All,
Just another question for the "Veteran" sleevers. I am 3 weeks post op today & have tried having about 1/2 a cup of bolognaise sauce (I gave it a few goes with the stab mixer as initially the mince was too coarse). After the first couple of mouthfuls I found I was getting a bit of pain in the stomach similar to when I ate pureed soup for the first time. I had a similar thing with chicken which the surgeon said to leave alone for a while as it may be a bit harsh. Is it too soon for the bolognaise sauce & should I stick to soups & softer food like fish , which I dont seem to have a problem eating ATM.

Thanks
Laurie
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female
Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2009-03-31

A few issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few issues   A few issues EmptyTue 28 Dec 2010, 11:48 pm

I think its natural to worry about pain. Any niggle had me jumping on here to see if it was 'normal'.
Back to top Go down
Emily
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2010-04-12

A few issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few issues   A few issues EmptyTue 28 Dec 2010, 11:46 pm

Yeah every time you graduate to thicker foods, you can eat less and have to go more slowly... or you'll regret it! My "full" signal is definitely hiccuping still now and I am 5 months out - actually, hiccups are usually "overfull". I did take liquid panadol regularly for the first week or so for aches and pains.

I did have lots of chuck ups when I ate things that Steve the Sleeve didn't tolerate early on though (ie tuna salad too early, some soups) - it just foamed around and then came back up in a bubble of spit (ook, sorry!). I did this a surprisingly high number of times before I got it through my thick head to drop back to thinner liquids!

It's all a learning experience...
Back to top Go down
ellbee

Male

A few issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few issues   A few issues EmptyTue 28 Dec 2010, 10:58 pm

Thanks leici good advice. I did take about 1/2 an hour to eat/drink 1/2 cup pureed soup & left it about 5 mins between each mouthful so maybe it is just too soon. I will stick to Optifast for a few days & see how that goes.
Back to top Go down
leici
Sponsor
leici

Female
Number of posts : 544
Registration date : 2010-05-27

A few issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few issues   A few issues EmptyTue 28 Dec 2010, 8:33 pm

Hi ellebee,

The pain sounds pretty standard. Take it really easy with mushies. You might just be eating too quickly. I used to have to physically time myself between mouthfuls(there is a clock on the TV which was useful). In the very early stages post sleeve it was like 1 mouthful and 5 mins wait then another. It does get better! I also had some pain with swallowing initially and gas pain for about 3 weeks post. The hiccuping also par for the course- I still hiccup a fair bit but no big burps that some other sleever report.

Don't worry about your friend saying she had no pain. Everyone is different and like childbirth people tend to forget the pain when it's all over and gone... and you have a lovely baby sleeve to coo over!

As for the diarhorea I had that too and still continue with it now. Sometimes it's too much dairy, sometimes it's triggered by sugar, sometimes I don't know.... You will work it out for yourself over time. Be prepared for a bit of constipation early on too though!

Well done on the weight loss and keep the pecker up- it's a great ride and you're just at the beginning!
Back to top Go down
ellbee

Male

A few issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few issues   A few issues EmptyTue 28 Dec 2010, 10:41 am

Yeah I think dairy may be the problem I have had none today & everything fine so far.

Another question , I tried some pureed soup today & after 2-3 teaspoons I started too get the pain back. Being a week post op is this too soon to try this or did I just "Overeat". My friend who has had the op said she thinks I am overdoing it & to drop back to pure liquids for the next 3-4 days. I am drinking Optifast as I am writing this & not having any pain. If I have overdone it is there any chance I could have done any damage to the sleeve. I am probably being a bit paranoid but everyone on here is so helpful I'm sure you wont mind me asking.

Also is it normal for their to be a bit of pain when hiccuping as I am getting some of this.

Sorry for banging on about "Pain" issues but my friend who has been sleeved said once the initial pain from the op (2-3 days) passed she never experienced any pain (Aside from the discomforf of eating too much).

On a positive note checked my weight today & came in at 122kg. My heaviest was 140kg back in September this year when the surgeon told me I had to lose 10kg prior to the op. Pretty happy with that
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

A few issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few issues   A few issues EmptyTue 28 Dec 2010, 10:00 am

Never had a problem with diarrhoea, I went the other way......LOL A few issues 595690
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female
Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2009-03-31

A few issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few issues   A few issues EmptyTue 28 Dec 2010, 8:44 am

Been there done that!

I still have issues with the runs, daily, I am sure its when I have either had too much dairy or too much sugar. I have been sleeved for about 21 months.
Back to top Go down
ellbee

Male

A few issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few issues   A few issues EmptyTue 28 Dec 2010, 4:16 am

Thanks for that guys I must say the blue moment did pass relativly quickly , I'm sure I may have others but hopefully they dissappear in time.

Interesting you say about lactose intolerant as the onset of dioreeah (I dont think I have spelt that right by the way) did seem to coincide with the first time I had a about 1/2 a tub of a Milo dairy desert. Will give any dairy stuff a miss for a few days & see if that helps.

Thanks again for everyones feed back , I have found this site a godsend.
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

A few issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few issues   A few issues EmptyTue 28 Dec 2010, 3:02 am

Yep, having a few down times is normal after any op. Like you said though, it's done now, so just keep going.
As for the other, watch what you're drinking and see if you can spot what might be contributing to the problem. I was lactose intolerant for a couple of months after the op, for no apparent reason, which caused the same problem.
Good luck!
Back to top Go down

A few issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few issues   A few issues EmptyTue 28 Dec 2010, 1:33 am

Hi, Laurie.

From what I have read on this site and my own experiences the 'blues' are totally normal. As is the total unpredictability of elimination. Time takes care of the first, but monitor it to make sure. Other will have advice on the second.

You will feel more 'up' soon.

Zoe
Back to top Go down
ellbee

Male

A few issues Empty
PostSubject: A few issues   A few issues EmptyMon 27 Dec 2010, 10:32 pm

Hi All,
I am almost 1 week post op & have to admit to feeling a bit down when I woke up this morning , but having read a few posts on this website it appears this is not uncommon. I am taking the attitude that its too late to back out now so just get on with it.

One thing I am having a problem with is dioreeah , I have spoken to my surgeon who said I can take Gastro Stop but to be careful as too much can have the oppisite effect. Have others had this problem & if so how did you overcome them. The only thing it may be is as I said in the last 24 hours I have been feeling pretty down & my stomach has been doing flip flops with the whole "What have I done" thought so maybe that is the cause.

Thanks
Laurie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A few issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few issues   A few issues Empty

Back to top Go down

A few issues
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: