AuthorMessage
darkstar
Part of the furniture
darkstar

Female
Number of posts : 1144
Registration date : 2010-01-11

Questions for the Ladies - ONLY - Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions for the Ladies - ONLY -   Questions for the Ladies - ONLY - EmptySun 14 Feb 2010, 6:40 am

Kylie's right about sensible nutrition (damn it). Believe it or not, I also find the Swisse Women's Vitamins seem to reduce PMS irritability, but not if some damned fool does something damnably foolish at work or in front of me on the road!
Road Rage Ranting

And Kyles, as I've "matured" I've settled into that pattern of 2 days of "panic stations" followed by a couple of much less dramatic days. Also, my boobs have kept on growing(disproportionately to weight gain). I thought it was only your ears that were meant to do that... Ah hormones: the continuing mystery.

Best,

Dark
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Questions for the Ladies - ONLY -   Questions for the Ladies - ONLY - EmptySat 13 Feb 2010, 11:00 pm

Well, I have to agree that my appetite and weight loss does change hormonally - but since I'm menopausal, it's harder to track now.
But regardless, there are times when you will be hungrier, times when you will be able to eat more than usual - or less than usual, and also times when you won't shift any weight for ages.
I asked my doc about it once, and he said that it was perfectly normal, and to just "go with the flow" (no pun intended!).
I've just had a "big" eating week (seems big now, but nothing compared to pre-op), but got on the scales and have actually gone down 100g - not much, but I was expecting to have gone up a bit, especially since I haven't walked much this week.
HTH
Back to top Go down
Kyles
Part of the furniture
Kyles

Female
Number of posts : 932
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Questions for the Ladies - ONLY -   Questions for the Ladies - ONLY - EmptySat 13 Feb 2010, 10:23 pm

Definately definately TTOM plays havoc with my losses...I actually have a good loss before they come and then sit stable or even go up a little whilst I have them and slowly come back to my loss I had before if all that makes sense

Eat OMG...yes esp chocolate!!! My new thing is bullets cause there isnt much choc there but I still get the hit (and help with the loo lol)

But what is a little funny is that pre op my periods were terrible...so so heavy and I am on the public list waiting to have my cervix lasered to stop all periods (hopefully)...now they have settled really well...2 days of not very nice times and then the 3rd day they are going??? whats with that Questions for the Ladies - ONLY - 697586
Back to top Go down
jane1975
Part of the furniture
jane1975

Female
Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2009-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Questions for the Ladies - ONLY -   Questions for the Ladies - ONLY - EmptySat 13 Feb 2010, 10:40 am

i am now 5 months post op and after spending who knows how long without my "friends" it was a shock when i got my first one back in Dec I rememember feeling bloated crampy and moody plus found that I was eating a bit more then usual. Since then I have had another one and same symptons again (lets see if it happens again???) I also found that the days leading upto and the week of the friends "visiting" I didnt shift any weight however the week once they finished the weight started moving again. Without knowing for sure but i think it my having been fluid retention??

Hope all goes well, mayb speak with ur surgeon?

Jane
Back to top Go down
darkstar
Part of the furniture
darkstar

Female

PostSubject: Re: Questions for the Ladies - ONLY -   Questions for the Ladies - ONLY - EmptySat 13 Feb 2010, 10:02 am

No idea about post-sleeve, but I know that in my pre-sleeve state, the day before TTOM I eat like a pacman on a rampage (actually, it's so reliable that that unappeasabale hunger often gives me the hint that TTOM is on its way). I could hoover the entire contents of my fridge, the neighbour's fridge, and any other fridges in the neighbourhood, as well of as quite a few cupboards... and I haven't found a way to curb that hunger. It turns itself off like a light as soon as TTOM arrives.

So whether what's going on with you is normal post-sleeve I couldn't tell you, but it's certainly normal for me during the PMT stage of the month. I only wish it was a 1/4 of a cup in my case....

Best,

Dark
Back to top Go down
snow1081
Part of the furniture
snow1081

Female
Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Questions for the Ladies - ONLY -   Questions for the Ladies - ONLY - EmptySat 13 Feb 2010, 9:37 am

I think I am having my PMS now, and I seems to be hungrier than before... I usually only eat a quarter of a cup, but now I am eating a quarter of a cup and a bit... I mean spread out through out the day... Is it NORMAL?? Or I should try to curb the hunger pang with water??

XOX

Yools
Back to top Go down
darkstar
Part of the furniture
darkstar

Female

PostSubject: TTOM   Questions for the Ladies - ONLY - EmptyMon 01 Feb 2010, 5:27 am

Hi Yools,

I don't know about post-op. I'm pre-op, but TTOM definitely creates plateaux / water retention weight gains for me. Usually corrects with large weight loss 10 days later. Pattern observed to be quite consistent over a year when I was on Weight Watchers. As if there wasn't enough to be cranky about at TTOM! smack

Best,

Dark
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female
Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Questions for the Ladies - ONLY -   Questions for the Ladies - ONLY - EmptyMon 01 Feb 2010, 4:51 am

I am now regular as clockwork, but when I am due I get a little plataue.
Back to top Go down
snow1081
Part of the furniture
snow1081

Female
Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Questions for the Ladies - ONLY -   Questions for the Ladies - ONLY - EmptyMon 01 Feb 2010, 4:38 am

Hi Ladies,

Just wondering, I am 14 days post op, while 8 days post op I lost 4 kgs, but recently got my monthly guest back, and I haven't lost any weight ever since~ YAIKSS... does period contribute to the halt of weight lost post op?? a bit worried...

XOX

Yools
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions for the Ladies - ONLY -   Questions for the Ladies - ONLY - Empty

Back to top Go down

Questions for the Ladies - ONLY -
Page 1 of 1