6 posters
AuthorMessage
OpusKV626
Part of the furniture

Male
Number of posts : 324
Registration date : 2009-03-06

is this normal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: is this normal?   is this normal? EmptyFri 08 Jan 2010, 5:48 am

I had a similar experience. In my case the intubation tube scratched my esophagus. It was bruised and made everything painfully scratch on the way down. It healed and went away.
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

is this normal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: is this normal?   is this normal? EmptyFri 08 Jan 2010, 1:54 am

try coddled eggs, as they go down easier, and stick to soft cheeses at first - but don't have too much in one mouthful, and you still have to chew them well. don't worry, it won't be like this for too long. look in the post-op food thread to see how to coddle eggs.
Back to top Go down
pf337

Female
Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2009-03-02

is this normal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: is this normal?   is this normal? EmptyFri 08 Jan 2010, 1:12 am

I am a little more than 9 months out....It still onlytakes a few bites of egg and i am good to go. I do remember that feeling you spoke of. Feeling the food going all the way down....AND the PAIN....Slow down and make sure your food is not too hot or too cold.....it needs to be just right...and we all lived happily ever after. hahaha
Back to top Go down
Mama
Sponsor
Mama

Female
Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2009-01-18

is this normal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: is this normal?   is this normal? EmptyFri 08 Jan 2010, 12:35 am

Eggs can be difficult for quite a while. I remember the first time I ate scrambled eggs in a cafe - looked great but I was in agony for hours after. Would probably be ok to blend an egg into something else. Fancy egg nog? Don't worry - it gets much better quite quickly :)

Mama
Back to top Go down
bonitaymala
bonitaymala

Female
Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2010-01-07

is this normal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: is this normal?   is this normal? EmptyFri 08 Jan 2010, 12:28 am

Well, other foods im use to having like compote and yogurt are fine.This two things, eggs and cheese are the ones im supposed to try this week.My nutriotinist is kind of strict......yikes.What is weird is that people without WLS have issues with those 2 things....why did she add it to my list NOW??????
Back to top Go down
Skrappy

Male
Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2009-08-26

is this normal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: is this normal?   is this normal? EmptyThu 07 Jan 2010, 11:59 pm

This was common during my sleeve experience.

You may want to chew your foods even more than you are doing. I remember not even having to swallow as I chewed the food into non existence.

Eggs and cheese are two foods that I personally had problems gulping down to begin with. You'll know if you shouldn't eat it yet by the horrible pain you get as the food finally hits your tummy, this does seem to feel like a chest pain, but it is your tummy doing it.

Try other soft foods to see if they have the same effect. I always found prawns to be very gentle and go down well, espcially the very tiny ones with a bit of sauce (mix half tomato sauce and half mayo).
Back to top Go down
bonitaymala
bonitaymala

Female
Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2010-01-07

is this normal? Empty
PostSubject: is this normal?   is this normal? EmptyThu 07 Jan 2010, 11:51 pm

I was supposed to have blended soup.But I never did.The consistency looked kind of disgusting.So I was on protein and yogurt.Today I began with eggs and cheese.This is the first time I eat real food.But as a swallow I can feel the food going down, it hurts in my chest.Is this normal? I did not vomit or had any nausea.As soon as it settles down the pain goes away.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

is this normal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: is this normal?   is this normal? Empty

Back to top Go down

is this normal?
Page 1 of 1