Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I want to know about your bowel motions!

Go down 
+11
ummaleah
Bezza
Oki Doki Joy
redrooter99
LYD86
heartonmysleeve
tamayles
Kylie
janelou29
KandK
PiercedMumma08
15 posters
AuthorMessage
thankana
Part of the furniture
thankana

Female
Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2010-06-04

I want to know about your bowel motions! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want to know about your bowel motions!   I want to know about your bowel motions! EmptyMon 14 Feb 2011, 6:35 pm

Thanks all and nice to know I'm normal.

These are things we all need to know so please do not be embarrassed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I want to know about your bowel motions!   I want to know about your bowel motions! EmptySun 13 Feb 2011, 7:38 pm

OK, you said you wanted to know, you have only yourself to blame for TMI!

After I was sleeved I had zero BMs for maybe five days, and after that, sporadic and runny. (That make sense to me, being on a liquid diet.) It all stayed pretty sporadic but without any pain or constipation until about three weeks out. Then (I was on a camping trip, it was pretty memorable) I had a strong sense of constipation, an explosive relieving solid BM followed by a very long discharge of runny waste. It was memorable! It also felt great to have it all out! Then things sort of got back to normal. I had a few more events like that, but no real problems.

And now I finally have a reason to use the blushing emoticon:

I want to know about your bowel motions! 2329

or perhaps this one

I want to know about your bowel motions! 796297

Zoe
Back to top Go down
mumof4
mumof4

Female
Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2011-01-29

PostSubject: is it normal   I want to know about your bowel motions! EmptySun 13 Feb 2011, 10:50 am

is me again......... can someone tell me about their bowel motions

I was sleeved 2 weeks ago, I have not been to the toilet for 8 days. I am taking metimucil, drinking lots but am still on the purée food. is it because we don't eat that much now that there is no waste?

I am not feeling chocked up at all.

helpppppp please Confused
Back to top Go down
LeDiva
LeDiva

Female
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-04-14

PostSubject: Re: I want to know about your bowel motions!   I want to know about your bowel motions! EmptySun 13 Feb 2011, 9:19 am

Ive been taking 2 tsp of Metamucil and since having the surgery 30mls of Lactulose per day. Ive been going to the loo about once a day . However Im hoping I dont have any explosions while out in public, my guts have been making all sorts of gurling noises since the op
Back to top Go down
mumof4
mumof4

Female

PostSubject: it came   I want to know about your bowel motions! EmptySat 05 Feb 2011, 4:56 am

well after having terrible wind pains for the morning, I started to go to the toilet and could only get rid of hard lil pebbles, then I had to visit the toilet another 5 times and by the end it was liquid.

my poor body is having to endure so much.
Back to top Go down
mumof4
mumof4

Female

PostSubject: no bowel motion   I want to know about your bowel motions! EmptyFri 04 Feb 2011, 7:57 am

I am 4 days post op. I haven't been to the toilet yet but I have such bad wind pains. it will be a week tomorrow I haven't pooed and I am getting worried. How much fibre can u get on a liquid diet. I am sure I am drinking enough........HELLLP[b] I want to know about your bowel motions! 618285
Back to top Go down
clickncowgirl - Jo
clickncowgirl - Jo

Female
Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2010-10-21

PostSubject: Re: I want to know about your bowel motions!   I want to know about your bowel motions! EmptyFri 28 Jan 2011, 8:23 am

since before the op i was regular no issues, since optifast changes either consitpated or runs, now having gone for 5 days, went once a little bit. really straining (blood and everything). so been taking benefibre everyday, i think i would have at least 1L water plus other liqiuds, had purne juice for last 2 days, currently sipping on a discusting movicol.. yuk.. after lunch today i felt SO sick, i have just started puree not going very well. managed not to vomit.
hope things improve soon.
Jo
Back to top Go down
ummaleah

Female
Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2010-03-31

PostSubject: phew I found this Post   I want to know about your bowel motions! EmptyThu 27 Jan 2011, 10:40 am

I am so happy I found this post - it made me feel normal....

I am 2 and half weeks post op and really have had the runs for the past week.

severe pain and i gotta find a loo and well talk about a mess.. thats me.

I will try more fluids as I am lacking in that department and I start on mushies next week so hopefully that will help.

all the best I want to know about your bowel motions! 427584
Back to top Go down
Bezza
Bezza

Male
Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2010-11-04

PostSubject: Re: I want to know about your bowel motions!   I want to know about your bowel motions! EmptySat 08 Jan 2011, 10:13 pm

Post sleeve i am reminded of the lament, "Oh Lord my bowels have forsaken me!" for indeed they have.

I was sleeved Nov 24 2010. Since the op my bowel movments have been infrequent at best, yes i could go days before somthing was produced and what was produced was like passing either rock hard pebbles or on occasion the other extreme of a purely liquid result. So i started taking a fibre supliment and i found that was only of minimal assistence, my movements did become a little more frequent but certainly no easier.

I have since taken to a daily dose of Metamucil capsuals and SenneSoft Laxative/Softener and have retirned to a daily movment of tollerable consistency. It takes a bit of experimentation to determine the best dosage of both and the best time to take the dosage. I found late afternoon/early evening dosage gives me a good morning movment.

Hope that helps, good luck.

Bezza
Back to top Go down
redrooter99
Part of the furniture
redrooter99

Female
Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-04-21

PostSubject: Re: I want to know about your bowel motions!   I want to know about your bowel motions! EmptySat 08 Jan 2011, 8:13 am

ohhh thanks for that oki...
i ll email and ask

good luck only 2 days to go!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://redrooter.blogspot.com/
Oki Doki Joy
Part of the furniture
Oki Doki Joy

Female
Number of posts : 654
Registration date : 2010-09-04

PostSubject: Re: I want to know about your bowel motions!   I want to know about your bowel motions! EmptyFri 07 Jan 2011, 8:29 pm

RedRooter, Dr Taylor responds to emails - try that if you are far away?

I have the same problem. I dont go for 4 days, then its urgent and I feel clammy and hot n cold. However I havent been sleeved yet.

But I ve had it fr years. Fatty food definitely makes it worse. Morning coffee helped prompt things a bit. Drinking lots of water helps too. I figured it was IBS or my leaky gut syndrome.

Wonder what will happen post surgery to me? Maybe the opposite of you ladies - regular as clockwork?
I want to know about your bowel motions! 314562
By the way, my colon doctor said 1/2 the population only BM every 4 days. But if its new (post surgery), check if surgeon took pylorus? I think that has something to do with it (also causes "dumping").
Back to top Go down
http://www.gastricsleevesupport.com/the-diary-f8/the-big-joyful-
redrooter99
Part of the furniture
redrooter99

Female
Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-04-21

PostSubject: Re: I want to know about your bowel motions!   I want to know about your bowel motions! EmptyThu 06 Jan 2011, 12:01 pm

I too am having problems in the ummmm...pooing dept..quite emabarrasing really, if i dont go for say 4 days then i need to go, i get pains awful, then i get really nauseated, and need to vomit, but all this doesnt happen until i am actaully in the loo, doing my business, now i thought i was going crazy, i mean vomiting and pooing at the same time, >????
And on more than one ocasion, i thought maybe my bowels were twisted? just a thought yes i know see my suregoen, not that easy need to book airplanes and travel to sydney,
and its school holidays!
Back to top Go down
http://redrooter.blogspot.com/
LYD86

Female
Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2010-07-31

PostSubject: Re: I want to know about your bowel motions!   I want to know about your bowel motions! EmptyMon 11 Oct 2010, 12:24 pm

i'm 4 weeks out and pretty damn regular - (every morning at the same time ahaha).. Without going into too much detail the texture is average (not runny, not hard, say smooth? lol)
In my first two weeks i was very hit and miss, was taking benefibre then.. Currently i'm only taking my multi, getting about 1.2lt of water daily, about 200ml of apple juice (easier for the pills) and coffee is every couple days. I do eat a pretty decent diet with minimal/no fatty foods..
Back to top Go down
tamayles
Part of the furniture
tamayles

Female
Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2009-02-22

PostSubject: Re: I want to know about your bowel motions!   I want to know about your bowel motions! EmptyMon 11 Oct 2010, 9:32 am

Thanks heartonmysleeve

I definately do not get enough fluids in, will try and up them and if it still continues I'll mention it at my next appointment in Dec.
Back to top Go down
heartonmysleeve
heartonmysleeve

Female
Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-01-11

PostSubject: Re: I want to know about your bowel motions!   I want to know about your bowel motions! EmptyMon 11 Oct 2010, 6:21 am

Hi Ladies,

I had the very same issues, Once every 3-4 weeks i would spent 2-3hrs in the bathroom.

Id feel, clammy, nauseous, cramped.. just awful.

I went to see my surgeon to find out what was going on, he asked about my fluid intake..suggesting that I wasnt having enough.

He was very, very right. I have upped my fluid intake, and the Doctor had me take Movicol to get things moving in the meantime.

I haven't had an issue since.

Go see your surgeon if you have issues like this.. Ive found that my GP is slightly clueless when I ask post op questions.
Back to top Go down
tamayles
Part of the furniture
tamayles

Female
Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2009-02-22

PostSubject: Re: I want to know about your bowel motions!   I want to know about your bowel motions! EmptySun 10 Oct 2010, 5:52 am

Hi PiercedMumma08

I'm almost 14 months out now, and I have similar symptoms as you, however not so frequent.

It happens about every 2 - 3 weeks I have noticed, I will have an episode as you describe which I call a bum explosion. Haven't been for a few days and then all of a sudden I gotta go in a hurry, severe cramps, feel clammy and light headed, then after about 3 sits on the loo in a short period of time it's all over.

It happened at work for the first time last week, and as I work in a very small office I decided to scoot down to the pubic toilet as the smell is offensive too it would have gone through the whole office.

I want to know about your bowel motions! 796297
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
janelou29
Part of the furniture
janelou29

Female
Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-05-31

PostSubject: Re: I want to know about your bowel motions!   I want to know about your bowel motions! EmptySun 10 Oct 2010, 4:25 am

I am up and down too, seems some weeks, it's nothing then I get almost like diarrhoea, and then nothing for days, not sure what it all means!

I am certainly not in any normal pattern yet and i am 8 weeks out, I am trying to eat more salad etc to try and help, but it's hard when it protein, protein, protein!
Back to top Go down
PiercedMumma08
Top Poster
Top Poster
PiercedMumma08

Female
Number of posts : 1702
Registration date : 2010-04-05

PostSubject: Re: I want to know about your bowel motions!   I want to know about your bowel motions! EmptySun 10 Oct 2010, 1:37 am

No im not on that medication.

I take nexium and a mulitvitamin- thats it.
Back to top Go down
KandK

Female
Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2010-08-13

PostSubject: Re: I want to know about your bowel motions!   I want to know about your bowel motions! EmptySun 10 Oct 2010, 12:48 am

Are you on metformin? I used to get exactly what you are describing on this medication. Not very nice - I know!
All the best, hope you sort it out.
Back to top Go down
PiercedMumma08
Top Poster
Top Poster
PiercedMumma08

Female
Number of posts : 1702
Registration date : 2010-04-05

PostSubject: I want to know about your bowel motions!   I want to know about your bowel motions! EmptySun 10 Oct 2010, 12:40 am

No i havent lost the plot completely, Im just having some issues and the dietician is a little concerned about whats happening with me.

I can go for 4-5 days without 'going'. Then, all of a sudden, no matter where I am, what Ive eaten or what Ive done- bang. And I have to GO and GO NOW! I can be in a meeting (not the most professional thing to try and stand up so you dont soil yourself in a group full of clients), in the car, at the shops...... it just hits. I get the pain (like a diarreah pain) and I have a maximum of about 1 minute to get to a toilet or im in so much pain i can hardly move....

The dietician has put me on some fibre supplements but nothing has changed yet.

Its like i cant go for days, then i get this explosion and its an emergency. And its not just once, its 2-3 times until i get complete relief.

I mean it ends up showing on the scales but its not something I want my body to be doing.

Im 7 weeks out tomorrow.

So, what happens for you?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I want to know about your bowel motions!   I want to know about your bowel motions! Empty

Back to top Go down

I want to know about your bowel motions!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: