AuthorMessage
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

Anyone else waiting for PHI to kick in? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone else waiting for PHI to kick in?   Anyone else waiting for PHI to kick in? EmptySat 06 Feb 2010, 7:49 am

Hi Mel,
I drink gassy stuff but I just don't love it anymore.
I was addicted to coke,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,loved it to bits,
Now, every once in a while I will crave it, have a couple of mouthfuls and then go........over it.
So I can drink gassy I just don't love it anymore, I love my sleeve.................

Cheers Gail
Back to top Go down
melbell
Part of the furniture
melbell

Female
Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2010-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else waiting for PHI to kick in?   Anyone else waiting for PHI to kick in? EmptySat 06 Feb 2010, 3:28 am

hey all
i love my coke zero maybe a bit to much ,but i dnt drink coffee so thats also my caffeine kick lol .Need to get use to drinking more water i only drink it when im at work thats not good seen though i only work few hours ,a day 6 days a week.
mel
Back to top Go down
Kyles
Part of the furniture
Kyles

Female
Number of posts : 932
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else waiting for PHI to kick in?   Anyone else waiting for PHI to kick in? EmptySat 06 Feb 2010, 3:03 am

Apart from water coke zero is pretty much all I drink now...it goes down OK but burp OMG!!! lol I dont do the frothy dog tho...lol
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else waiting for PHI to kick in?   Anyone else waiting for PHI to kick in? EmptyFri 05 Feb 2010, 7:43 am

you will be able to drink coke zero again just not right away. It will be sips not swollowing huge swigs either but you will still get your fix. I get froathy burps from it rather funny and have actually gone off most fizzy drinks now not because I can't have them just lack of interst. I prefer a cup of tea or some orange juice most times :)

applesauce
Back to top Go down
melbell
Part of the furniture
melbell

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else waiting for PHI to kick in?   Anyone else waiting for PHI to kick in? EmptyFri 05 Feb 2010, 7:21 am

hey everyone
i have 10 mnths to wait and after today happy to wait the 10mnths as today the dr has said 22nd dec for my op. I to am so excited
i think i need the 10mnths to get used to not being able to drink my favourite coke zero lol.
mel

Anyone else waiting for PHI to kick in? 120705
Back to top Go down
darkstar
Part of the furniture
darkstar

Female
Number of posts : 1144
Registration date : 2010-01-11

PostSubject: Can I buy a vowel?   Anyone else waiting for PHI to kick in? EmptyThu 04 Feb 2010, 1:48 pm

KR! Thanks for the glossary. Should be a sticky on the introductions thread, if it isn't already.

Like Gail, I'm 2O@TLMMYHH (Too old: Acronyms and text language make my head hurt).

But then, we've already established by an inspection of my bloomers that I may be well on my way to nana-dom.

Let me just slip my dentures back in to kiss you all goodnight. Oh, pooh. I've mislaid my bifocals and can't find my teeth without my specs on. I'll just have to lay a gummy one on you all instead.
Anyone else waiting for PHI to kick in? 276367

Dark
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
rosy
rosy

Female
Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2009-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else waiting for PHI to kick in?   Anyone else waiting for PHI to kick in? EmptyThu 04 Feb 2010, 10:54 am

LMAO ?????????
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else waiting for PHI to kick in?   Anyone else waiting for PHI to kick in? EmptyThu 04 Feb 2010, 9:14 am

I hate abbreviations as well. Sorry guys. The English language is beautiful and the acronyms just make me feel old and out of place because I just don't understand them. Do you have any idea how long it took me to work out what LMAO is
Now I use it all the time because everyone else does.
Back to top Go down
snow1081
Part of the furniture
snow1081

Female
Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else waiting for PHI to kick in?   Anyone else waiting for PHI to kick in? EmptyThu 04 Feb 2010, 1:05 am

Hi Workdanceplay,

Sorry but it's just that we are so used to it, and that's why we use it a lot BTW= By The Way :)

PHI = Private Health Insurance :)

XOX

Yools
Back to top Go down
workdanceplay
workdanceplay

Female
Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2010-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else waiting for PHI to kick in?   Anyone else waiting for PHI to kick in? EmptyWed 03 Feb 2010, 11:41 pm

HI,
I dont mean to be mean. but i am getting a bit frustrated with all the abbreviations on this site, its not until i read nearly every post that i figure out what people are talking about.
Ps Whats is BTW? is it between??? and i have come to the conclusion that PHI is Private health insurance.
Back to top Go down
Kyles
Part of the furniture
Kyles

Female
Number of posts : 932
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else waiting for PHI to kick in?   Anyone else waiting for PHI to kick in? EmptyWed 03 Feb 2010, 8:45 am

As an ex PHI kickin waiter :) I can honestly say that life just flies so fast...I did however have a hectic life that was full to the brim so that would have helped it along a fair bit

All of a sudden I was having my last meal...it literally crept up on me and I was like what does everyone want for dinner...oh crap its my last...lol

I'm now just over 4 months post op and even that has flown...good things come to those that wait they say...lol
Back to top Go down
snow1081
Part of the furniture
snow1081

Female
Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else waiting for PHI to kick in?   Anyone else waiting for PHI to kick in? EmptyWed 03 Feb 2010, 6:53 am

I second what Kylie said, I too had to wait for 12 months for my PHI to kicked in last time (and waited another extra month because my Dr wanted to make sure that the PHI really has kicked in and the insurance won't give me any trouble, eg, not paying... that would be a bummer), and surely it helped me to get my life together, figure out my eating pattern and yes practice the chew chew chew process.. certainly is a good thing to wait...
For everyone else who is waiting for the PHI to kick in good luck, time will fly soon enough and voila you're in the surgery already :)

XOX

Yools
Back to top Go down
NutMeg
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 769
Registration date : 2009-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else waiting for PHI to kick in?   Anyone else waiting for PHI to kick in? EmptyWed 03 Feb 2010, 5:29 am

Hello Everyone Anyone else waiting for PHI to kick in? 355206

Totally back to it this week! School, kinder & work :)

Went and met with the surgeon today and I have a date! 24th June. I am SOOOOOO excited that it's starting to be set in motion :) I made all my other appointments today as well, 5 more in total to see different people.

Only 4 months & 21 days to go!

Megsy
Back to top Go down
babee28
babee28

Female
Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else waiting for PHI to kick in?   Anyone else waiting for PHI to kick in? EmptySat 23 Jan 2010, 2:42 pm

Hi All,

I too will join the wait with you, I have been waiting for my PHI to kick in in April. No date is set yet for surgery but have my dietician appointment on 6th Feb then I will go back to the surgeon hopefully to set a date.

I too have 2 school aged kiddlies one yr 2 and one yr 5 and hope to get mine done through the holidays but I will take what I can get.

love Renee
Back to top Go down
melbell
Part of the furniture
melbell

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else waiting for PHI to kick in?   Anyone else waiting for PHI to kick in? EmptySat 23 Jan 2010, 2:36 pm

hello every one i will join ur wait i have untill 22nd dec till mine kicks in and i too am glad in one sense as i originally thought banding then i have spent last month researching and is why i decided to have the sleeve ,i have first appointment on 5th feb
with doctor justin greenslade .Also i would like to know how u got rid of fatty liver as i have fatty liver,high blood pressure and colesterol.
mel
Back to top Go down
willbeskinny
willbeskinny

Female
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else waiting for PHI to kick in?   Anyone else waiting for PHI to kick in? EmptyFri 22 Jan 2010, 11:42 am

Hi Meghan,

I will join your wait....but I just joined a fund 2 days ago so I still have a very long road ahead....lol

In relation to Kylie's post... i am now thinking alot more about my emotional preparation as well.

Good Luck everyone!!
Back to top Go down
darkstar
Part of the furniture
darkstar

Female
Number of posts : 1144
Registration date : 2010-01-11

PostSubject: Nothing like an enforced period of thinking...   Anyone else waiting for PHI to kick in? EmptyThu 14 Jan 2010, 10:29 am

Great post, Kylie.

Losing weight isn't going to fix the other bits of life that aren't in control, and you've reminded me of that. I must admit I've been letting it all go a bit waiting for the magic bullet.

How did you get the fatty liver under control? Don't know if I have one, but don't want to have signs when I go to the surgeon (hoping to avoid the Opti stage if at all possible).

BTW... I'm not waiting for PHI, but I am waiting for the surgeon (until May).

But while we're on the subject of PHIs, has anyone done this with the PHI AHM (Australian Health Management)?

Best,

Darkstar.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
colli71
Part of the furniture
colli71

Female
Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else waiting for PHI to kick in?   Anyone else waiting for PHI to kick in? EmptyThu 07 Jan 2010, 10:39 pm

Hi everyone

I am nearing the end of my 12months wait (18th Jan), my surgery is booked in for 15th Feb so not long now, I will wait with you for a bit. Having the 12mths to wait I found helpful so I could train myself to eat slowly & chew the heck out of every bite. It also gave me heaps of time for appointments etc. I phoned the surgeon in Jan when I took out PHI & booked in to see him in 6mths, since then I have had to see the GP, Exercise Pysiologist & Dietician. Over a period 5 months I have arranged approx 1 appointment every 6weeks. This helped with the waiting cause I felt that things were progressing (slowly but still progressing).

Good luck to you all Anyone else waiting for PHI to kick in? 842349
Cheers
Colleen
Back to top Go down
daisy
Part of the furniture
daisy

Female
Number of posts : 354
Registration date : 2009-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else waiting for PHI to kick in?   Anyone else waiting for PHI to kick in? EmptyThu 07 Jan 2010, 9:35 pm

Hi Lozzy and meagan
I will wait with you too
My private health kicks in in April and l have my surgeons visit on the 2nd March.
When l first started the long wait of 12 months for PHI l thought it too would never get there,
When l have made a decision to do something l just want to do it straight away, but now that its 2010 it nearly here. Bring it on.
So anyone that is reading this it is GOOD to wait the 12 months as it gives your mind time to think about it and do lots and lots of research. This forum has been fantastic and has made me even more sure of what l want to do.
So yes l will wait with you.
Bye for now

Daisy Anyone else waiting for PHI to kick in? 63412
Back to top Go down
Lozzy
Lozzy

Female
Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else waiting for PHI to kick in?   Anyone else waiting for PHI to kick in? EmptyThu 07 Jan 2010, 9:02 pm

Hi Meghan
i too have been waiting for my PHI to kick in. i only have 102 days to go. at first when i took out PHI the thought of waiting 12 months was driving me crazy. i just wanted the surgery straight away but now i can sit back and say that i think that it was for the best. it has given me time to research the different procedures available, make a decision, find a surgeon and read through this forum as well as trying to find anything i can on the internet.so now i am on the count down. the first six months was hard to handle waiting but since then the time reallly has passed quickly. So count me in, i'll wait patiently with you.
Anyone else waiting for PHI to kick in? 217555
Laura
Back to top Go down
NutMeg
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 769
Registration date : 2009-12-15

PostSubject: Anyone else waiting for PHI to kick in?   Anyone else waiting for PHI to kick in? EmptyThu 07 Jan 2010, 8:33 pm

Hi Guys :)

I've still got 5 months and 6 days till my PHI kicks in, anyone else waiting as well?

My first appointment with the surgeon was cancelled, as he had gastro (you can keep that to yourself, thanks!) and so I actually get to see the dietician before I see the surgeon! Apparently this isn't that unusual? Anyway- I see the dietician on the 12th, dsurgeon on the 3rd February and go for the BMR & Body Comp (NO, it is def not short for competition Anyone else waiting for PHI to kick in? 427584 ) on the 5th. I don't snore, I don't have high blood pressure or cholesterol or diabetes so shouldn't need many other tests.

Ideally, I'd love to get my surgery done just before school holidays start in June this year. I have a child at primary school, one at 4yo kinder and another at 3yo kinder so I do a lot of driving to and from!

Anyone want to wait with me?

xMeghan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else waiting for PHI to kick in?   Anyone else waiting for PHI to kick in? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone else waiting for PHI to kick in?
Page 1 of 1