Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
shifthappens

Female
Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2009-10-28

5 weeks/10 pounds Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 weeks/10 pounds   5 weeks/10 pounds EmptySun 22 Nov 2009, 10:55 pm

WOW. I just notice that you are literally only half the person you used to be.

Amazing.

5 weeks/10 pounds 446871
Back to top Go down
shifthappens

Female

5 weeks/10 pounds Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 weeks/10 pounds   5 weeks/10 pounds EmptySun 22 Nov 2009, 10:54 pm

You know Chris, I had that thought as I got off the scales. It's actually kind of an odd
feeling to be coming to terms with the idea that this constant struggle could be coming
to an end.
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

5 weeks/10 pounds Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 weeks/10 pounds   5 weeks/10 pounds EmptySun 22 Nov 2009, 6:17 pm

Well done, shifty, and congrats on the weight loss so far. Just think - whatever you get off now will be absolutely gone forever! Good luck with the rest of the time.
Back to top Go down
shifthappens

Female

5 weeks/10 pounds Empty
PostSubject: 5 weeks/10 pounds   5 weeks/10 pounds EmptySun 22 Nov 2009, 3:34 pm

Had my weekly weigh in this morning. I've been doing the first phase of my pre-op for 5
weeks and I have lost 10 pounds. Don't translate that to kgs, as it's not nearly as
impressive. : )

My surgery won't be until March so I'm very happy with this. I want to find a happy medium
where I occasionally have meals of things I enjoy, but pick the very best healthy choices
the rest of the time and it seems to be working. I saw the other Opti-fast thread and
my doctor is one who assigns the number of weeks based on what you've done for your
2-3 months prior. If you have been on a steady downward trend burning the fat from
your liver, you will get a minimum number of weeks. I'm working for 2 or fewer.
The way my brain works I'll just do better with the whole process if I can keep my life
as normal as possible until as close to the surgery as possible. I thought about the
wisdom of cutting my favorite foods out of my life this soon but the fact is, I should
have done some of this much sooner. Time to teach this old dog new tricks.

Later today my SO and I are having lunch at one of my favorite places. They have a huge
salad bar that I love. I'm having it today but keeping it healthy, avoiding the high
fat things that can be hidden in with the healthy.

Hope I can keep moving forward (down) at this pace. My typical diet survival is about
3 months so the surgery should come just in time!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

5 weeks/10 pounds Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 weeks/10 pounds   5 weeks/10 pounds Empty

Back to top Go down

5 weeks/10 pounds
Page 1 of 1