AuthorMessage
redrooter99
Part of the furniture
redrooter99

Female
Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Dr Craig Taylor - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Dr Craig Taylor   Dr Craig Taylor - Page 2 EmptySun 27 Sep 2009, 3:01 pm

First topic message reminder :

wahroonga sydney..
Anyone experienced him??? My gp wants me to go to this one? ...
thx
Back to top Go down
http://redrooter.blogspot.com/

AuthorMessage
brown_eyes

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2012-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Dr Craig Taylor   Dr Craig Taylor - Page 2 EmptySat 01 Dec 2012, 8:21 am

No problems at all :)

Yes it all happened really fast so I would say it should be about the same for you!!

I found the hospital and nurses really good and nice. Make sure you ask for morphine shots not the oral pain relief as it takes half an hour to drink the liquid due to the foul taste and the fact that it causes nausea.

We had to continue to hound the nurses to get the doctor to approve the morphine but it's by far better than the other stuff.

Kelly :)
Back to top Go down
Nicole81
Nicole81

Female
Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2012-10-16

PostSubject: Re: Dr Craig Taylor   Dr Craig Taylor - Page 2 EmptySat 01 Dec 2012, 7:02 am

Hi Kelly

Wow thanks for the info, how exciting!!!
It looks like I could be getting operated Feb or early March if that is the case.
I really appreciate you getting back to me :)

What did you think of Concord Hospital??
Back to top Go down
brown_eyes

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Craig Taylor   Dr Craig Taylor - Page 2 EmptySat 01 Dec 2012, 6:37 am

Forgot to mention that when the OClinc get the recommendation they call you to tell you that you have been approved and book your surgery in.
Dr Craig Taylor - Page 2 65317
Back to top Go down
brown_eyes

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Craig Taylor   Dr Craig Taylor - Page 2 EmptySat 01 Dec 2012, 6:33 am

Hi Nicole

I went through the same process as you will with Taylor.

At this appointment you meet with the endocrinologist - it goes for about half hour.
They weigh you and discuss quite personal in your face questions. I.e why are you so fat, how will this surgery help you if you haven't helped yourself up to now.
She is quite abrupt and in your face and not very pleasant.
I even had to pull my pants down to my thighs to show her my stomach as she discusses skin and possible problems with excess after surgery.

I did tell Taylor what happened and he said she is like that but unfortunately in order for him to operate at Concord you must see her.

She sends a recommendation to the OClinic within a few days and your surgery could be booked within two weeks of that depending on Taylors schedule.
The wait wasn't long at all.

Hope all goes well for you!!

Kelly
Back to top Go down
Nicole81
Nicole81

Female
Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2012-10-16

PostSubject: Re: Dr Craig Taylor   Dr Craig Taylor - Page 2 EmptySat 01 Dec 2012, 5:44 am

Hi everyone

I had my appointment with Dr Taylor on Tuesday 27/11 , then got asked to come the following day to see the dietician & pshyc .
The appointments were great & very informative . I purchased the starter pack and have been enjoying reading up on all the info.
On Friday 30/11 I got a letter in the mail to see the RPA hospital in early Feb. So after that I will know weather I have been approved for Concord Public.
Does anyone know what to expect from this appointment & also how long after your approval do you get operated on?
Any info would be great.
Cheers
Nicole
Back to top Go down
enough is enough
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 497
Registration date : 2012-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Dr Craig Taylor   Dr Craig Taylor - Page 2 EmptyThu 22 Nov 2012, 11:10 pm

I have an appointment with DR taylor.

The 1st available from was 24th January but that is DH 40th so I can't do that. the next available is 8th feb

I live 6 hours away from the clinic.

They have arranged for me to see Dr taylor the dietcian and Physc in this 1st appt.

Feb so far away surgery would be 3-4 weeks later.
but realistically I couldnt do it earlier.

Back to top Go down
brown_eyes

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Craig Taylor   Dr Craig Taylor - Page 2 EmptySat 27 Oct 2012, 3:03 am

It would certainly be tough on you if you feel alone however like Tracey said
come along to one of the get togethers and met people who are more than willing to be supportive, understanding and friendly!

I don't know much about travelling circumstances but I would speak to Taylor and the dietician and find out what you can from them in terms of managing eating afterwards. As Tracey said you are restricted to certain types of foods or a while after.

Each person recovers differently I was a little worse off than Tracey.
I was still sore and movement was restricted in terms of bending/stretching getting up off the lounge proved a challenge. In saying that if you do things slowly you can def manage ok alone.
Dr Craig Taylor - Page 2 217555

Back to top Go down
Tracey_379
Part of the furniture
Tracey_379

Female
Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2012-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Dr Craig Taylor   Dr Craig Taylor - Page 2 EmptySat 27 Oct 2012, 2:27 am

There are no silly questions, I had surgery on a Monday went home on Friday I was not in pain and apart from hanging washing out I was able to look after myself. Can't help with flying don't do much of that with meals after 2 weeks liquid only, next 2 weeks puree food only, next 4 weeks soft food only and then normal diet. As for support it's your choice if u want to tell people, you will get lots of support from other sleevers, where in Sydney are you come along to one of the sleevers get togethers, it's a fun night, with lots of laughs and meet great supportive people who know what your going through. Take care and remember there are no silly questions so ask away.
Back to top Go down
SYD

Male
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Dr Craig Taylor   Dr Craig Taylor - Page 2 EmptySat 27 Oct 2012, 2:08 am

Thank you to both brown eyes and Tracey for your extremely kind and supportive responses.
I guess the reason I am scared to tell people is because of my situation, to be honest, I have become a bit of a loner ( away from work) in the last few years and don't have a circle of friends after my marriage broke up.
I do have maybe one family member who I could confide in being my niece (23) who I am sure would be supportive, but I don't want to be a burden on her.

One thing the concerns me is how are you when you get discharged from hospital? I live on my own and am wondering if I could look after myself? My daughter is only 13 and lives with both me and her mum, I could easily just tell her I am going away for work, which is not unusual.

That probably brings another question to mind, as I do travel a lot or work, how am I going to be with 1. flying, how soon afterwards did someone get on a long flight? And also with eating?, I travel a lot all through Asia, will I be able to ind ways of eating or will it need to be things like powdered meal things?

Sorry to be asking silly questions
Back to top Go down
Tracey_379
Part of the furniture
Tracey_379

Female
Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2012-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Dr Craig Taylor   Dr Craig Taylor - Page 2 EmptyFri 26 Oct 2012, 11:13 pm

Hi syd

I had surgery in July with dr Taylor 3 months after my initial appt. I also have private insurance like u I used my super and had no issue as long as your letters from doctors are worded carefully but dr taylor will tell u what wording your gp will include and if your funds clear and u pay the o clinic prior to appts with dietician and psychologist no need to pay extra $300 for those appt. I told people in my life and have had lots of support the sleeve has been the best decision I have ever made I wish u the best of luck and the team at the o clinic and at the mater hospital have been amazing.
Back to top Go down
brown_eyes

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Craig Taylor   Dr Craig Taylor - Page 2 EmptyFri 26 Oct 2012, 7:05 pm

SYD

Forgot to mention that wait for surgery can be up to a month depending on
Taylors availability.
Back to top Go down
brown_eyes

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Craig Taylor   Dr Craig Taylor - Page 2 EmptyFri 26 Oct 2012, 7:02 pm

Hi SYD

I also had Dr Craig Taylor however I didn't have private health.
The wait is likely to be a few months possibly 2-4 months. This is due to
having your funds cleared - you also have a consultation with the in house
psychologist and dietician prior so that depends on availability. These appointments are around $300 in total. Then you have your 2 weeks on a restricted diet.

I also paid via super and didn't get refused. You need a letter from your GP along with a letter from Taylors office outlining specific information in order to be approved. They tell you what needs to be included in the letter from the GP. If this info isn't in the letter you may be refused - that is the only reason according to Taylors office for refusal of funds.

I think its normal to feel that way however I think people choose this option as a last resort and don't take it lightly and friends and family would understand that. The people around should be supportive in your decision as it is the best decision for you. Don't feel like your being judged as often it's not the case.
Some people don't tell anyone and that comes down to choice. I have told many people in my life and had such positive reactions.

Good luck with your journey x Dr Craig Taylor - Page 2 65317

Back to top Go down
SYD

Male
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Dr Craig Taylor   Dr Craig Taylor - Page 2 EmptyFri 26 Oct 2012, 2:38 pm

Hi All;

Sorry if what i ask here is silly or placed in the wrong section, I have a referal from my GP to see Dr Taylor and have made an appointment for December 5th, but I have a million and one things going through my head as I wait for the day, was hoping for some advice.

1. How long after my initial consulatation would I be able to have the surgery ( i do have private health insurance if this makes a difference)?

2. For the cost, I am likely to have to dip into my superfund as i certainly have no spare cash, have people been refused access to this? I am a high salary earner, but I also have a lot of monthly bills, there never seems to be anything left

3. to be honest, i am embarassed to tell anybody i am having this done, I know it is silly but i am ashamed it has had to come to this to loose the weight, that it was my own fault that i put on.

Any advice or thoughts would be appreciated
Back to top Go down
margd
Top Poster
Top Poster
margd

Female
Number of posts : 2628
Registration date : 2011-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Dr Craig Taylor   Dr Craig Taylor - Page 2 EmptyWed 10 Oct 2012, 7:30 am

I had Dr Taylor do my sleeve in February and i am getting him to do my gallbladder op on the 29th oct,at the Mater Hospital,my sleeve was at Concord.I think he is a great doctor.
Back to top Go down
enough is enough
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Craig Taylor   Dr Craig Taylor - Page 2 EmptyThu 27 Sep 2012, 11:06 am

not sleeved but have had a few ops at wahroonga. My son also had ops there when he was 3 and 4 very happy with the hospital
Back to top Go down
enough is enough
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Craig Taylor   Dr Craig Taylor - Page 2 EmptyThu 27 Sep 2012, 11:05 am

not sleeved but have had a few ops at wahroonga. My son also had ops there when he was 3 and 4 very happy with the hospital
Back to top Go down
Mummaof6
Mummaof6

Female
Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2012-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Dr Craig Taylor   Dr Craig Taylor - Page 2 EmptyThu 27 Sep 2012, 9:10 am

Hi, I have my first appt with Dr Taylor 1st November and surgery is booked for 19th November at The Mater. Im coming from another dr as I had cold feet 5 weeks before my scheduled date and cancelled with my original dr.

After reading the reviews here Im real confident with Dr T and am looking forward to the appt. I know I need new bloods taken, but how long before do I need to see the psych and dietition (Ive fully paid for my surgery and its all booked - yep even before seeing him as I wanted to be done before xmas) - the original dr was a phone call for the dietition 1 week before surgery and I didnt have to see a psych until after (maybe because I told him, Im happy to be fat - i just want to be a healthy fat person! Im 170 kilos so Im not expecting to get to a size 10/12/14 or even a 16 - no unreal expectations).

The other bonus is The Mater is only 10 mins from my partners work so he can stop by daily to see him in work hours. Im looking forward to my op this time, instead of dreading it for some reason.
Back to top Go down
curvycass
curvycass

Female
Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2012-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Dr Craig Taylor   Dr Craig Taylor - Page 2 EmptySun 09 Sep 2012, 12:57 am

I had Dr Taylor and he did the surgery on me on Monday, I am feeling extremely good with not much pain, abit sore from where the stomach was removed and where most of the stiches are.

He is so charming and caring, he makes you feel really comfortable and that your in good hands, i dont know if i was being stupid or not but he was the first surgeon i saw and found doing my research and after meeting him with the first appointment i was convinced he was the best for me.

He also performed the same surgery on my mother in law and family friends and they highly recommended him aswell.

They day of my first appointment i was booked in for surgery, it happened that quick, i was really impressed.

The lovely girls at reception are extremely helpfull as i am always worried/paranoid and was always calling them with questions they had no problems putting up with me being annoying.

And his wife Paloma who is the Anasthesist was so caring and she really calmed me down right before i went into theater as i was really panicking.

I would definitely recommend Dr Taylor, he has also never had a leak or complications.
Back to top Go down
lililei87

Female
Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2012-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Dr Craig Taylor   Dr Craig Taylor - Page 2 EmptyWed 05 Sep 2012, 4:16 am

Thank you so much to everyone sharing your experiences on here. I was hesitant recently, thinking I should have maybe seen more than one surgeon but hearing everyone's experiences on here assures me I have done the right thing. The fact that he uses the smalles bougie is also reassuring. My Aunty saw him this year and couldn't stop raving about him and how cute he is (lol a bit old for me personally).

That aside, when I met him, he did seem warm and genuinely caring. I've had a really good experience with the O'Clinic, minor things aside - My appointment with the endocrinologist was not properly booked and it got delayed by a month. I was upset at first but my experience is most likely not the norm, so I do recommend them to everyone.

Back to top Go down
lililei87

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Craig Taylor   Dr Craig Taylor - Page 2 EmptyWed 29 Aug 2012, 7:21 am

christinajg87 wrote:
I wasnt privately insured either and he didnt book me in until I had the go aheas from the psych, dietician and external endocrinologist which took about a month to complete.

Same here. Only it's taken them around 4 months to complete lol. Oh well, time will pass regardless.

Last edited by lililei87 on Thu 06 Sep 2012, 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
christinajg87
Part of the furniture
christinajg87

Female
Number of posts : 280
Registration date : 2012-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Dr Craig Taylor   Dr Craig Taylor - Page 2 EmptyWed 29 Aug 2012, 12:00 am

I wasnt privately insured either and he didnt book me in until I had the go aheas from the psych, dietician and external endocrinologist which took about a month to complete.
Back to top Go down
lililei87

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Craig Taylor   Dr Craig Taylor - Page 2 EmptyTue 28 Aug 2012, 9:48 pm

Huggy Bear wrote:
Hi Kylie,

I'd treat your date is booked. Once he whips his diary out and scribbles in your name - well, you are there!

I guess if something untoward turned up after your blood tests this might change but with the psych appointment and the dietician, they are more about just making sure you are mentally ready, which Craig obviously thinks you are or he wouldn't have booked you in.

A nurse told me in the San Hospital (who I suspected had a wee bit of a crush on Dr Taylor) that he is a wonderful but strict surgeon, who turns down a few patients a week for either the band or the sleeve who he doesn't think are ready for or understand the whole process enough.

So, get yourself pysched up for 1st July!

xxHuggy

Hi there, just wanted to know. Did he book your surgery date at the initial appointment? He didn't for me but then I'm not privately insured so maybe that's why. Just wondering at the difference.
Back to top Go down
suzyhomemaker
suzyhomemaker

Female
Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2011-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Dr Craig Taylor   Dr Craig Taylor - Page 2 EmptyTue 28 Aug 2012, 1:43 am

I've probably already posted in here but thought I would again, being 6 months post op and having had Dr T do my surgery.

I'd HIGHLY recommend him and his team. I chose him because of his competitive prices, his flawless records (no leaks), and his dietitian and psych all rolled into one.

He's very very strict and wants you to succeed. He calls a spade a spade but it's all for your benefit. He'll deal out kicks up the bum if he feels you need it (I got one once lol) and doesn't mince his words.

I was at the Mater in a private room. They were great. I couldn't fault them. Dr T is very well respected there and carries a lot of clout. At one stage my IV tissued and it was REALLY hurting me. The nurses told me that the registrars usually wouldn't want to change it (since I was going home the next day) but they would if Dr T told them to as he's very particular about his patients being comfortable and getting the right amount of fluids.
Back to top Go down
nutter

Female
Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2011-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Dr Craig Taylor   Dr Craig Taylor - Page 2 EmptySun 29 Jul 2012, 10:44 am

Hi Cass,

I was sleeved by Dr Taylor, he is an amazing caring surgeon. I the first two days were the hardest for me, but he rang everyday and visited all of us twice during my four night stay.

The nurses are great at the Mater, they were very helpful and quick to allay any fears you may have. I had my own room and my stay was quite comfortable.

Dont worry about anything it will pass quickly, you've picked are talented surgeon and are great hospital.
Back to top Go down
Torigirl
Torigirl

Female
Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2012-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Dr Craig Taylor   Dr Craig Taylor - Page 2 EmptySun 29 Jul 2012, 8:37 am

Hi Cass,

Yep, me Dr Craig Taylor - Page 2 65317 I got a private room and also a sleeve, surgery Monday and out Saturday (I got to stay extra night).

Nurses were fantastic you will be right. I just wished someone had told me only ice cubes in hospital until the morning that you leave then you get a drink.
Back to top Go down
curvycass
curvycass

Female
Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2012-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Dr Craig Taylor   Dr Craig Taylor - Page 2 EmptySun 29 Jul 2012, 8:18 am

I had my first appoinment with Dr Taylor on June 29th and i am booked for my sleeve September 3rd, as soon as i walked into his office and sat down he almost immediately suggested sleeve over band which is great because that what i wanted, i am going to be having my sugery at the Mater hospital, im really nervous as i have never even been to hospital let alone a surgery.

With all the raving reviews of Dr Taylor i am confident he will do a great job. is there anyone that has also been to the Mater and was given a private room, fingers crossed i get one??

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dr Craig Taylor   Dr Craig Taylor - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dr Craig Taylor
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next