Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I have appointment with Dr Craig Taylor on thursday.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
pollypocket

Female
Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2011-10-03

I have appointment with Dr Craig Taylor on thursday. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have appointment with Dr Craig Taylor on thursday.   I have appointment with Dr Craig Taylor on thursday. EmptyFri 14 Oct 2011, 11:45 pm

Dr Craig Taylor...what a lovely man ( good looking too) and very intelligent. I went to discuss having my band removed and sleeving done...After a long chat regarding my history he said I would be crazy to have the band out. He is going to take me back to basics with dietician etc. He checked the fill in my band and did an adjustment and for the first time in over 12 months I have restriction. He quoted $2000 for band removal and then $5000 for sleeving. He feels I should keep trying with the band as Ive already had a good loss and as my bmi is 33 sleeving not necessary. So I am going to see him once a month for 6 months at least....I feel positive about things now and determined to get the last 16kg off....

hope everyone is travelling well...
Back to top Go down
Emma1989
Part of the furniture
Emma1989

Female
Number of posts : 1041
Registration date : 2011-06-15

PostSubject: Re: I have appointment with Dr Craig Taylor on thursday.   I have appointment with Dr Craig Taylor on thursday. EmptyTue 11 Oct 2011, 2:44 pm

Hi Polly,

I just wanted to wish you luck with your impending removal. I had mine removed last month, after having it for 18 months and have to say it's one of the best decisions I ever made. I, like many others have to wait 3 months, so I'm hoping to get a sleeve in either December or January, I will find out the exact date in just under 2 weeks *so excited*.

Best of luck!

Emma :)
Back to top Go down
pollypocket

Female
Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2011-10-03

PostSubject: I have appointment with Dr Craig Taylor on thursday.   I have appointment with Dr Craig Taylor on thursday. EmptyTue 11 Oct 2011, 6:13 am

Im so excited. I have 100% decided I want my lap band out and sleeving done. The band has given me alot of trouble and I never really achieved good restriction. Im not quite sure yet how Im going to pay for the surgery, which is approx $5000 but I will cross that bridge soon enough.

It seems most people who have a band removed have to wait 3 months for sleeve surgery. Im hoping I can move the first surgery along quicky so I can get ready for the 2nd one. Not sure yet if I will have to do opti - Im 87kg and bmi 33.

So good to share with people here, as I keep everything a secret from friends, family and workmates. My boyfriend knows I have the band, but I have not told him that Im having the sleeve, I just dont have the energy to do so.

Looking foreward to better days, Pollypocket.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I have appointment with Dr Craig Taylor on thursday.   I have appointment with Dr Craig Taylor on thursday. Empty

Back to top Go down

I have appointment with Dr Craig Taylor on thursday.
Page 1 of 1