Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2 weeks after op - tummy still bloated !?!?

Go down 
+3
Skrappy
bushgirl
mariat
7 posters
AuthorMessage
raisedbycats
Part of the furniture
raisedbycats

Female
Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2009-03-02

2 weeks after op - tummy still bloated !?!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 weeks after op - tummy still bloated !?!?   2 weeks after op - tummy still bloated !?!? EmptySun 04 Oct 2009, 8:39 pm

I've only just started to lose the bloat around the surgery site and I'm 3 months post op. I've had a really good recovery.
Back to top Go down
Cuddly Kat
Part of the furniture
Cuddly Kat

Female
Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2009-07-14

PostSubject: Re: 2 weeks after op - tummy still bloated !?!?   2 weeks after op - tummy still bloated !?!? EmptySun 04 Oct 2009, 8:45 am

Good to hear your surgery went well.

My tummy stayed puffy for ages (about a month post op), even now I can see I've dropped weight off the upper body but its coming off slowly off the lower half.

Take it easy after your op, no need to rush into exercise too early, my Doc said gentle walking till my post op appointment.
Sounds like you're doing great with your weight loss, going good on the mushies, well done!!
2 weeks after op - tummy still bloated !?!? 65317
Back to top Go down
lindabinda
Top Poster
Top Poster
lindabinda

Female
Number of posts : 1884
Registration date : 2009-07-31

PostSubject: Re: 2 weeks after op - tummy still bloated !?!?   2 weeks after op - tummy still bloated !?!? EmptySat 26 Sep 2009, 8:29 am

Hey Mariat,
You are doing fine girl!!
My dietitian told me that the gurgly/gassy tummy usually settles some time after the 3rd week. Lo and behold if mine did just that!!!
Those young uni trained people are worth their weight in gold!!
Keep up the good work and enjoy your foods.
Cheers,
Back to top Go down
Mechanic Gurl

Female
Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2009-04-25

PostSubject: Re: 2 weeks after op - tummy still bloated !?!?   2 weeks after op - tummy still bloated !?!? EmptySat 26 Sep 2009, 4:49 am

I was bloated for about a week and a half after surgery, i think it was water retention. Then my bloat went away and i lost like 7 kg. but that was me.
if it isn't bloat that you are talking about and it is just you fat/excess weight, remember the last place you put on weight is the first place you lose it. so if you have always had a big belly it will be the last to go. :)
you are going great with your weight loss tho!
Back to top Go down
Skrappy

Male
Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2009-08-26

PostSubject: Re: 2 weeks after op - tummy still bloated !?!?   2 weeks after op - tummy still bloated !?!? EmptyTue 22 Sep 2009, 10:42 am

Hi mariat,

I know exactly what you mean. I'm one month post op and my tummy has just started to 'deflate', but as bushgirl said, everyone is different when it comes to recovery.

Nothing to be alarmed about however.
Back to top Go down
bushgirl
Part of the furniture
bushgirl

Female
Number of posts : 523
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: 2 weeks after op - tummy still bloated !?!?   2 weeks after op - tummy still bloated !?!? EmptyTue 22 Sep 2009, 9:43 am

each person is different so I can't give you a certain day, but keep up the good work, the bloating now could just be the body's adjusting to mushies, so don't be disheartened... it takes a good month or so to settle in and get used to mushies/real food! Keep up the losing!
Back to top Go down
mariat
mariat

Female
Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2009-06-30

PostSubject: 2 weeks after op - tummy still bloated !?!?   2 weeks after op - tummy still bloated !?!? EmptyTue 22 Sep 2009, 8:19 am

hi all

well - 2 weeks in now and starting to feel more like normal. Pain not too bad, had stiches out, started on mushys - love mashed baked beans, tuna and cheese. yum yum. trying to walk as much as i can. finding it a bit hard to get all the protein in, but giving it a go. have upped my liquids the last couple of days.

i am loosing weight quite well - 23lbs total of which 11lbs are post op. cant physically see it yet cause i was big to start with, but i know its not there anymore.

however - how come my tummy is still "huge" ????? has anyone else found that it takes a bit for it to come down ? i know i cant excercise for a while yet, but while my clothes are fitting better everywhere else, my tummy is still just as big. when does it start de-swelling (if thats a word!) ?

2 weeks after op - tummy still bloated !?!? 697586
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2 weeks after op - tummy still bloated !?!?   2 weeks after op - tummy still bloated !?!? Empty

Back to top Go down

2 weeks after op - tummy still bloated !?!?
Page 1 of 1