AuthorMessage
tonez
tonez

Female
Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2010-11-17

Bloated and uncomfortable Empty
PostSubject: Hi All   Bloated and uncomfortable EmptySun 09 Oct 2011, 9:31 am

Im sleeved & at Day 10 - And feeling better each day as the swelling goes down in my tummy. I have so many liquid foods that i think i went too crazy buying too much of everything....lol
But have now discovered I prefer to have ice blocks most the day...& to help combat the indigestion fullness & burping & rumbling i have a few nuts & chew on them endless....They work a treat for me :))
And also the warm water, walking around when i feel the urge i want to vomit or pass wind...anything that can excel from either end is a huge BONUS...lol...
Good luck all...I am sure you do find things that work for you it just takes time to find which one it is errrrrrrr......
Back to top Go down
green stargazer
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 588
Registration date : 2011-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Bloated and uncomfortable   Bloated and uncomfortable EmptySun 09 Oct 2011, 5:29 am

If you've got some Optifast shakes in the cupboard, these are great in the initial weeks.

I know I didn't even think to have them initially ... it wasn't until my dietitian reminded me.

I've also heard that some form a lactose intolerance after surgery, could this perhaps explain that bloated feeling?

Hope you're all feeling better soon.
Bloated and uncomfortable 217555

Back to top Go down
Jaime
Part of the furniture
Jaime

Female
Number of posts : 1024
Registration date : 2010-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Bloated and uncomfortable   Bloated and uncomfortable EmptySun 09 Oct 2011, 4:37 am

I wasn't allowed to have porridge, even very sloppy porridge until a week ago, which was 2 weeks post op. Maybe your tiny tummy isn't ready for something so heavy and of that texture yet? I don't think I could have handled it any earlier. For the first 2 weeks I lived on thin soup, protein drinks, hot milos etc. My first meal of sloppy porridge last Monday had me consuming 6 teaspoons slowly and I was chockers lol.
Back to top Go down
sharkgirl
sharkgirl

Female
Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2011-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Bloated and uncomfortable   Bloated and uncomfortable EmptySun 09 Oct 2011, 3:41 am

Thanks for the tips chrisbychic.
I think the pain I am feeling is from the op, as in my tummy would be a little raw I would imagine so I am making sure I take some Panadol or whatever, wasn't bothering much but this has helped.
And yes, I think I need to reduce the amount, as strange as that is given I am not on a very high volume at all!
My scales are still creeping down which is very motivating.
I do look forward to feeling normal again though
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Bloated and uncomfortable   Bloated and uncomfortable EmptySat 08 Oct 2011, 10:45 am

I must admit to having that same thought, shark girl, but you will be amazed at how little food you need to stay healthy.
For both of you, try having just a little less than you are having right now, make sure you are eating very very slowly, and chewing everything (yes, even really thin mushies) really well. Oh, and stop drinking for 15-30 minutes before you eat, if you haven't done that, too - it really helps.
If you are doing all that and still having trouble, I suggest taking a short walk - even just around the house - always helped my digestion.
Good luck, and remember it's eRly days for you both yet, and it gets way easier for you very soon.
Back to top Go down
sharkgirl
sharkgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Bloated and uncomfortable   Bloated and uncomfortable EmptySat 08 Oct 2011, 8:57 am

Oddly that makes me feel a bit better LOL!
As I type I am feeling a bit better, even a little hungry, but will wait a bit I think before I have anything.
When I think about these amounts of food we're eating I wonder if this is really very healthy you know? I don't know how I am functioning on such little food!
Back to top Go down
auntyamber
auntyamber

Female
Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2011-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Bloated and uncomfortable   Bloated and uncomfortable EmptySat 08 Oct 2011, 8:52 am

too was sleved on Monday Pia and today I have had a 100gm yoghurt for breakfast, 250ml water, 250ml juice a 100gm yoghurt for lunch and 4 teaspoons of potato soup for dinner and have felt full all day, after just having my 4 teaspoons of potato soup I am now laying in a fetal position on the couch feeling very bloated and uncomfortable, so I definately think it's normal.
Back to top Go down
sharkgirl
sharkgirl

Female

PostSubject: Bloated and uncomfortable   Bloated and uncomfortable EmptySat 08 Oct 2011, 8:46 am

I posted this in the October 2011 thread but thought I'd post here as well.

I had my sleeve on Monday the 3rd and have had a pretty good run I think. But am feeling a little uncomfortable today. I find I get full so quickly, then stay full for most of the day, with a bloated sort of tight feeling. Was the same yesterday. Not pleasant, a little painful but nothing too drastic. Is anyone else feeling like this? I am really struggling to eat much actually. I had a small bowl of porridge this morning, had bloated type pain for about 45 mins and was only comfortable on the couch with my legs up (but not lying down or sitting), then was ok but stayed full for about 4 hours. Then had small bowl of jelly, no probs but again very full. Then a small orange and mango popper which I sipped slowly and again felt full very full and again some bloated pains (although milder than this morning). I am hoping this is all adjusting to my new tummy and working out how much to eat etc, but am paranoid after reading a few leakage stories.......
I am struggling to get protein in. There's only so many Up and Go's I can drink (literally!). Any suggestions for this?

Thanks,
Pia
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bloated and uncomfortable   Bloated and uncomfortable Empty

Back to top Go down

Bloated and uncomfortable
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: