2 posters
AuthorMessage
Spice_Girl1984
Spice_Girl1984

Female
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2017-04-03

Hi ? band to sleeve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi ? band to sleeve   Hi ? band to sleeve EmptyTue 11 Apr 2017, 11:24 am

Thanks for the info! :)

I have only lost 18kg with my lap band which was done in Sydney. I recently moved to Melbourne and saw a surgeon Mr Adam Skidmore who told me that I needed a sleeve gastrectomy. I was going to have surgery but got scared and cancelled when I found out that he had been banned from operating because of his high rate of complications! -

https://jonjayray.wordpress.com/2015/09/

I have a referral to see another surgeon now and will definitely consider the option of a gastric bypass...
Back to top Go down
Groovy
Groovy

Female
Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2016-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Hi ? band to sleeve   Hi ? band to sleeve EmptyWed 05 Apr 2017, 11:47 pm

Hi and welcome!

I personally have not gone from band to sleeve, however I follow someone on Instagram who has. Her experience has been one of very slow losses and has now stalled with 20 or so kilograms still to lose. I understand sleeves after bands are more risky in terms of leaks and are difficult to get as tight around the Bougie, so therefore you may not have as good a restriction as a virgin sleever because of the damage done by the band. Also, there is a higher risk of reflux. Apparently, the preferred option post band is RNY bypass.

You should discuss your options with your surgeon. A lot depends on how long you've had your band for and how much damage has been done to your stomach, which will only be known once your surgeon's seen it for themselves.

Best of luck in whatever you decide!

P.S - there is a large, very supportive and informative Australian WLS community on Instagram, VSG, RNY, Omega Loop, band-to-sleeve and band-to-bypass. If you have an account and are interested just do a search for aussie wls and variations of.
Back to top Go down
Spice_Girl1984
Spice_Girl1984

Female
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2017-04-03

PostSubject: Hi ? band to sleeve   Hi ? band to sleeve EmptyWed 05 Apr 2017, 11:58 am

Hi!
I'm new to this forum. I'm 33 and I love the Spice Girls! I'm most like Sporty Spice in terms of my personality ;) 

I have a lap band and I joined the forum to find out more about band to sleeve...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi ? band to sleeve   Hi ? band to sleeve Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi ? band to sleeve
Page 1 of 1