5 posters
AuthorMessage
bugsbonclyde
bugsbonclyde

Female
Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2008-06-09

girl topic ttotm... Empty
PostSubject: Re: girl topic ttotm...   girl topic ttotm... EmptyFri 14 Aug 2009, 12:20 pm

Hello

hi chris and moolie,

i saw my dietitian today and she said the craving for sweet stuff is because i am very low in iron so i have the name of some stuff she recommends and i see my gp next week as i may need iron injections, i have a history of anemia as it is. I was on the pill to control my endo/periods as i have refused all other endo drug treatment because of the side affects. i am now looking for a good gynie in perth who treats infertility as i want a lap to have it all cleaned out then go on a drug called zoladex for six months then start trying for a baby after that.(you can only have 1 six month treatment ever of zoladex so i have been saving it for this lol) surgery for the endo has been refused because of the size of my stomach, one gynie tried about 8 years ago and she wasn't successful. i have had endo since my teens but wasn't diagnosed until i was 27 - ten years ago, i was told then ether have a baby or a hyster as it is serve.

take care :)

del
Back to top Go down
http://www.rkm.id.au
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: girl topic ttotm...   girl topic ttotm... EmptyWed 12 Aug 2009, 9:22 pm

Yep, periods suck all right!
Firstly, have you talked to your doc about doing something about the endo? Going through that every month is just not on!
I had periods so heavy that I was often anaemic after a period. Don't know how that works medically, but there it is. I found some relief in a naturopathic medication made by Bauer - it was drops, but I'm sorry, I don't remember the name. It did help cut down the amount of bleeding, though, and the pain.
Now I'm menopausal, and I'm taking a different naturopathic medication that I got at the discount vitamin shop. It's made by Zen and called Harmony, and the box says that it's for both menopause and menstruation. It's done wonders for me, and would be well worth a try, as it addresses both pain and heavy bleeding as well as lots of other things.
As for the food - forgive yourself - you just had the week from hell! Try to have something sweet on hand for next time that won't be as bad for you, and in the meantime see if you can get the endo sorted.
My very best wishes for a speedy resolution
Hugs
Chris
Back to top Go down
Moolie
Moolie

Female
Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2009-05-08

PostSubject: Re: girl topic ttotm...   girl topic ttotm... EmptyWed 12 Aug 2009, 8:08 pm

Got the female race have it tough!! Bloody periods and the compications of endo and cysts. Being more of the more mature persuasion I have tried the lot. The pill, cap, Depo (which I loved) and after 3 kids got the male of the species to the vet LOL.

I had no need to use anything but to say they got heavy - well - I woke up during the night and thought someone had hacked me in half with a machete! (sorry didn't mean to gross anyone out). So I thought 'sod this' and headed for the Dr's. Due to my age, weight, etc (you know the drill) she thought that anything with hormones would increase my risk of DVT, etc. She suggested a Marina coil. The hormones just stay there and the side effect is that your periods stop! YEE HA I say.

Not sure of your situation but look this up I have had no problem with it at all. Mind you, I have had my first period in a year (no heavy though) but I think it must have something to do with the surgery.

Good luck
Back to top Go down
bugsbonclyde
bugsbonclyde

Female

PostSubject: Re: girl topic ttotm...   girl topic ttotm... EmptyWed 12 Aug 2009, 5:35 pm

Hello

hi bush girl and fatgeek,

i also have pcos so that and the endo is going to make my baby chances low but i know i will have a baby, that's one huge motivating factor for me to loose weight. my cravings are still there, but getting less. I am sore from the gym but i also have some bad endo pain at the moment and have gotten up to take some mersyndol forte. I had depo provera about 10 years ago, it was the worst decision i could have made as i reacted to it right away. i also became extremely suicidal, it increased my migraines and didn't do anything for the pain. :( i used flower essences to treat the endo and that did help. my goal at the moment is to loose another 15 kg and have surgery for the endo. i feel for your daughter who has the cysts, i have the little ones, but i have also had cysts burst on me and that is not fun. my oldest sister also had endo and chocolate cysts, she had a lot of pain with them :(

take care

del.
Back to top Go down
bushgirl
Part of the furniture
bushgirl

Female
Number of posts : 523
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: girl topic ttotm...   girl topic ttotm... EmptyTue 11 Aug 2009, 11:59 pm

I had been on the pill for over ten years now, mainly to control heavy periods, but during my second visit in hospital I had to stop taking it, and the two periods I had were not very heavy so I have stayed off it, (with dr's advice) and then I had one other period, but its been about 5 weeks since my last one. I understand coming off the pill and surgery will have my body a bit messed up, but im going to try without it... I got a bit sick of having to take the damn thing anyway!!!!! Hope things improve for you as you lose Del x
Back to top Go down
raisedbycats
Part of the furniture
raisedbycats

Female
Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Re: girl topic ttotm...   girl topic ttotm... EmptyTue 11 Aug 2009, 11:23 pm

Both my girls have suffered from excessively painful periods - bad enough to leave them bed ridden and in agony and in the end my GP put them both on Depo-Provera - injectable 3 month birth control, which simply stopped the periods. End of pain, end of problem.

It turned out later that Kate had ovarian cysts, both lots of little once (PCOS) plus also ones that got bigger and bigger which ended up with her requiring two surgeries, one emergency. The first didn't find any Endo (which had been the diagnosed cause) but the second did.

There are also the implants that last a couple of years now.
Back to top Go down
bugsbonclyde
bugsbonclyde

Female

PostSubject: girl topic ttotm...   girl topic ttotm... EmptyTue 11 Aug 2009, 10:59 am

girl topic ttotm... 697586
hi everyone,

well last week was the week from hell and i spent it in bed drugged and crying, i have endometriosis so period time is always painful but last week was bad. i still have some pain but its manageable and i am not taking anything for it. i went back to the gym today, it took me ages to get there as my anxiety is very high at the moment and my gym buddy is away on holidays so i had no one to hold my hand!!!

well, when i got there, i started talking to the trainer and asked him for some help with one of the machines because i don't think i been doing it right, and i hadn't, so he set me up on another one and showed me a few other things and i booked in for a session with him tomorrow to go over the program, put some new stuff in there etc so that's all good, but i am still craving crap to eat!!! last week i lived on chocolate and chips, it was nothing like before the sleeve but still food i'd rather not eat but just craved it, especially sugar!!! i was hoping the cravings would have gone by now, but they aren't, i am trying to be strong and stay away from the chips and the sweets, but i am crumbling girl topic ttotm... 595690 does anyone else go through this?

thanks

del.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: girl topic ttotm...   girl topic ttotm... Empty

Back to top Go down

girl topic ttotm...
Page 1 of 1